• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Majora's Mask Musical

C

CannibalPieChan

Ever since I finished Majora's Mask I've wanted to make a movie or something off of it. However, I don't have the right equipment for movie making, and I'd be so into making it perfect that I'd never actually complete it. So I settled for a script instead. And then I thought: Why not make it a musical?

So here it is:

CLOCK TOWER SCENE
[enter DEKU LINK and TATL from left, looking around. There is a distant music constantly playing (Song of Healing very quietly), and both should be looking for it's source. There is a large wooden door on the right.]

TATL: Where's that music coming from?
LINK: I don't know. What is this place?
TATL: I think... I think it's the clock tower, which means we're in Clock Town! Oh Link! This is great news! Now we can go see the great fairy, Skullkid's no match for her! She can break your curse, and return me to my brother! Then we won't be stuck together anymore!
[TATL grabs Link's hand and pulls him towards the wooden door.]
HMS: What do we have here?
[Enter HAPPY MASK SALESMAN from left. He is rubbing his hands together with a creepy smile on his face. TATL and LINK freeze.]
TATL: Huh?
LINK: Who are you?
HMS: [laughs] You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

[song: What Do We Have Here? (Song of Healing tune)]
HMS: What do we have here? Two lost children.
LINK: Who are you?
Hiding from darkness in light's sweet home and,
Do they not sense it? The evil that is here.
Do they not feel it? The cruelty and fear.
Searching for shelter from the moon's cruel light.
Hiding in fear from the imp's frightful might.
He who holds the mask of Majora's power,
Gets stronger as the time ticks in this tower.

What do we have here? Two lost children.
One of great promise, the other good as dead.
TATL: [gasps angrily]
Will they forget their quarrel from before?
Or will they let it consume them, for sure!
There is a legend of one of these kids,
Time helped him conquer the evil that lived.
Terrible power took hold of Hyrule,
TATL: What is Hyrule?
Fate rested in the hands of one little fool!
LINK: [looks offended]

Now he is here with us, will we be safe?
Is he the hero his legend has claimed?
I can help him if he helps me in return.
We will be partners, that imp, he will burn.
There is but one thing you need to do,
One simple task should be easy for you.
Return my mask to me and I'll break your curse!
Make me this promise, or you'll be dead as dirt!

[music continues, but HAPPY MASK SALESMAN speaks]
HMS: You boy, I can see that you have a lot of potential. You are very strong, even in the form you're in now. Yes, you can help me, and I'll help you. The mask, you saw it didn't you? The mask that foul imp was wearing, that is my mask. He stole it from me. I'd like it back. If you can retrieve it, I'll help you.
LINK: You will? That's great! I can get it for you, but it might take--
HMS: You see boy, I'm on a very tight schedule, and I need to leave town in three days. You can do that, right? You can get my mask back in three days.
LINK: Three days? That's... That's...
TATL: Impossible! You're crazy old man, way crazy! There's no way anyone could do that, even if they didn't sleep!
HMS: Well, you better get on it, then, huh? Tell you what, if you can get back the precious item you lost, then I'll help you return to your original form. That will help you, right?
TATL: Sure.... [to LINK] What's he talking about?
LINK: That will help, a lot actually. Thank you so much, sir! [to TATL] I think he means my ocarina.
TATL: Oh yeah, the one Skullkid stole.
HMS: Yes, if you get that back I can help, but he must get my mask as well.
LINK: Don't worry, sir, I'll get it!
HMS: Don't call me sir. Happy Mask Salesman is enough.
LINK: Yes si—Happy Mask Salesman!
[LINK and TATL exit to right through the wooden door]
HMS: [sings]
What do we have here? Two lost children.
Sent on a quest to destroy evil's den.
Am I so cruel that I'd send them alone?
Yes, oh yes this is how it should go!
They will face trials and demons galore,
And with strong they shall meet many friends more.
I am the Happy Mask Salesman indeed!
Holding Majora's Mask is for me...
[EXIT]

Please tell me what you think! And should I continue this?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Very very very very very very interesting idea. However, I would think about possibly changing around several notes in the Song of Healing or transposing into minor to make it a darker theme for the HMS. I would also go back and actually sing the lyrics to the tune to see how the work. You should also make Tatl a bit more moody as she is in the game and extend the scene a bit. I love the idea.

C

CannibalPieChan

I did... sing it out loud... *sings really badly*

But yeah, thanks for the ideas 8D I'll keep them in mind, and hopefully I'll feel inspired to edit this scene some more (it went through four edits before it even got here).

I am bad at judging musicals. I don't know much about them, but I do think that this is certainly a good idea. I got the perfect picture in my mind of what this would be like, and it makes sense to me. I think you have the right idea. I want to hear how the words sound with the music, because that is the only part I can't seem to imagine. Nice work!

C

CannibalPieChan

I was actually planning on getting some of my friends together and voice acting the scene xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom