• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask Lots of Rupees, Does Everyone Do This?

skippybake420

IronKnuxSurge
I'm wondering if everyone uses this method, I just go as goron link and roll around termina in the grasses and theres some grasses that give u 20 rupees and also magic so u dont run out, then go to the dodongo area and it only takes one hit on the smaller dodongos and 3 on the big ones and in the hole, only kill one dodongo so it'll keep respawning so u can fill up ur bank and get the 5,000 rupee heart piece!

Pen

The game is on!
What I did to eventually fill the bank was that I ran into East Clock Town, then I jumped across some things to reach a chest with 100 rupees. Then I went to West Clock Town, deposited my money, played the Song of Time, and did it all over again! :D

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I do that too, Komali. I usually kill the bird several times in a row if I have a lot of time to kill during the game.

MW7

I like to do all three of these methods. When I do what Komali does I usually also get the 100 rupees by turning left just inside the bomber's hideout also, but then once I deposit the money I continue on with the 3 day cycle. So I just do that at the beginning of every 3 day cycle. I sometimes do kill the bird outside Milk Road for 200 rupees, and I think this is the fastest way to get rupees. There might be a faster way but it requires you to figure out the winning lottery numbers through trial and error. I heard that once you figure out the winning numbers, they repeat every 3 day cycle so you can win every day and get rupees really fast. Skippybake, I actually prefer your method the most because it is the least monotonous and boring way to get rupees quickly. Battling dondongos is a much more enjoyable way to get rupees than shooting arrows at a bird or opening treasure chests IMO.

This is slightly off topic, but what I want to know is if anyone else (besides myself) is such a completionist that they consider the game not beaten 100% unless they have 5,499 rupees (the maximum amount) in the bank when they finish the game?

The easiest way to get rupees is to go to Ikana Castle. What's there you ask? Well there are a bunch of redeads and Floormasters. Every time you kill one you get 15-20 rupees easy, i recommend wearing the gibdo mask, Captains hat or Garo's Mask. In the main entrance there are four sitting right there, and easy 80 rupees and the door to the right has 4 gibdos and 1 floor master which splits into three when you kill it so that is 60 more rupees.
So here is the walkthrough:
- After beating Ikana Castle go to main entrance and kill the 4 Redeads
- Head through the right door (or left i can't remember) and kill the Redeads and the Floor master
- Head back to the Entrance and repeat.

EDIT: Additionally you can kill those snowmen things at night with the light arrows for 50 rupees a snowmen, the big ones split into three.
-buy magic potion (green potion) and arrows and defeat them.

This is slightly off topic, but what I want to know is if anyone else (besides myself) is such a completionist that they consider the game not beaten 100% unless they have 5,499 rupees (the maximum amount) in the bank when they finish the game?
the maximum amount is actually 5000 rupees, that is how you get the last Heart piece. Also you can go over 5000 when you deposit more than what adds up to 5000. Anyway i would consider it complete with the 5000 in the bank, it just down feel complete without the 5000 in the bank.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
By far, I've found this to be the single best method for Rupees in MM:
Note: The Bunny Hood is not required, but is strongly recommended.

North of Clock Town are groups of Dodongos. Dodongos drop a Purple Rupee (50) every time you kill one, and are a very easy source of money -- the problem is, there are very few Dodongos around, and they're not very easy to kill. The problem is that Dodongos do a tail swipe that spins them around, inflicting easy damage on you and moving their weak spot away from you; however, this is easily remedied if you do it properly.
Try using this method: Approach a Dodongo from behind, and have Z-Targeting off. Hold out your shield and press the B button as fast as you can, stabbing the Dodongo in the tail, causing it to flinch. If your shield is out, you will block the tail swipe and take no damage, but it's even better if you can cause the Dodongo to flinch infinitely by timing your sword stabs such that the Dodongo is always being hit with your sword, and therefore can't start to do a tail swipe. The timing is much more easily perfected with the Bunny Hood, and if you time it right, you will kill the Dodongo very quickly without it spinning and without you taking any damage. You now have 50 Rupees.

Want more? There is a bomb-able rock near where the Dodongos spawn, and underneath it is a hole. Inside the hole are two more Dodongos that can be easily dispatched with the same method. Once you exit the hole, the Dodongos in Termina Field will respawn and can be killed again easily with the same method for more Purple Rupees. Keep going in and out of the hole and killing Dodongos until your wallet is full. You can make 500 rupees easily in a little under five minutes.

Simply head on down back to Clock Town to deposit the money from your full wallet and repeat as necessary.

Big Octo

=^)
I usually kill the Takkuri for 200 and dodongos for 50. Most enemies will drop 50 rupees if they are hit by light arrows. About the grass with 20 rupees, that only happens if your wallet is carrying less than twenty rupees, so don't expect it often. Also, buy chateau Romani (you'll have to spare 200 rupees) for unlimited magic in one three-day cycle. Do all of these, and the bank will be full before you know it! ;)

MW7

the maximum amount is actually 5000 rupees, that is how you get the last Heart piece. Also you can go over 5000 when you deposit more than what adds up to 5000. Anyway i would consider it complete with the 5000 in the bank, it just down feel complete without the 5000 in the bank.

What I mean is that 5,499 is the highest possible amount you can have in the bank. If you try to deposit with 5,000 or more already in the bank, he won't let you. So by depositing 500 rupees when there are already 4,999 in there, you get the maximum amount possible in the bank of 5,499. I'm crazy like that. I don't just get the heart piece, I feel like I have to jam every last rupee possible into the bank.

Also I never thought about going to Ikana Castle for rupees. That way you must be able to get 500 rupees in about 2 minutes. Brilliant!

Teal

Useful Help.
I usally kill that annoying birds alot 200$ then kill some Dodongos 500$ in no time.

skippybake420

IronKnuxSurge
i thought about that so you have to deposit 4999 then 500...

Atheistbigred i hadn't gotten there in the game yet and i was gonna edit it to say that that way is probably equally or better to get rupees cuz u just do a bunch of spin attacks with the gibdo mask and get a lotta rupees everytime i went there i fill up to 500 rupees really easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom