• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler MAJORAS MASK: Link's Counterpart.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Links counterpart wasnt Tingle, or Kafei. Link's counterpart(s) were Darmani and Mikau. My proof is, Mikau was a gutairist, but also a decendent from the Zoran Knights. Darmani was a War Hero.
Discus.

Link is Hylian. Darmani is a Goron. Mikau is a Zora. Darmani is Darnuia's counterpart and Mikau is a random Zora (no proof there) but the point is: they aren't Hylian. Also, Ganondorf and Zelda don't have termina counterparts so maybe, the triforce stopped them from having Termina counterparts,(or all 3 died, still no proof there)

*GASP* Plot Hole! Cover it! In all seriousness, we have no idea how big Hyrule or Termina is, and it seems that the only thing that makes these people counterparts is how they look and dress. Circumstances created by the Goddesses made Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf who they are, and I'm not sure the Goddesses have any real influence in Termina.

Initially I was opposed to this idea, but I can kind of understand how Darmani and Mikau may represent elements of Link's OoT personality. Darunia is a war hero who was murdered and his actions forgotten with time, much like Link's valiant efforts to save the Hyrule were forgotten after the defeat of Ganon (with "time," perhaps, in that he went back to before the events ever occurred). Additionally, I can see several parallels between Mikau's relationship with Lulu and Link's relationship with Link. Both fell in love with a form of "royalty" (Zelda being literally and Lulu being the daughter of a singing legend). Both were torn from their loves. And both were forced to collect precious items to reattain their affections (medallions for Link and eggs for Mikau).

Definitely not a water-tight theory, but I can sort of see it.

I still think Kafei may be a better fit for a Link parallel, though. That, or no parallel at all.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I am still very reluctant to believe that Termina is an alternate reality of Hyrule. I think that it is just some other land that is far away. But if it is, Link and the other triforce holders probably dont have a Termina counterpart.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I am still very reluctant to believe that Termina is an alternate reality of Hyrule. I think that it is just some other land that is far away. But if it is, Link and the other triforce holders probably dont have a Termina counterpart.
Hyrule Historia said it was a parrellell world of Hyrule.

I have two theories: that due to the fact there is no Triforce in Termina, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf do not have counterparts. On the other hand, the Fierce Deity has some resemblance to adult Link; and Majora's Mask could represent Ganondorf. But that is only two masks, and I don't know which would represent Zelda...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Darunia is a war hero who was murdered and his actions forgotten with time, much like Link's valiant efforts to save the Hyrule were forgotten after the defeat of Ganon (with "time," perhaps, in that he went back to before the events ever occurred).

The problem with this is that Link's actions were never forgotten, they simply never happened on that timeline. Link's efforts have, more or less, been remembered by generations after generations after generations [see: Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker]. Maybe not taken as they should've been, but definitely remembered.

I'm still holding on to the theory that Link's alt is Fierce Deity. I'm not exactly sure WHY aside from their obviously similarities in model and what not, but FD from the sounds of things sounds like he is a hero known for his ferocity, and eventually became worshiped by some citizens. Majora could easily be Ganondorf's counterpart SKYWARD SWORD SPOILERS BELOW

Demise says his hatred or whatever will be reborn in the cycle, yadda yadda yadda.

Since MM Link is OoT Link who has the spirit of the hero, I'd like to think that Demise's influence stretches even to Termina, although I've absolutely no real evidence/proof for this train of thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom