• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler MAJORAS MASK: Link's Counterpart.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I don't think Link has a direct counterpart like the other characters in the game do, but I think Kafei is probably the closest. He is a child who was once an adult and is collecting an item that will save something meaningful to him.

Zelda and Ganondorf do not have counterparts but also keep in mind that the Skull Kid and the Happy Mask Salesman don't have counterparts either.

Darmani and Mikau could very well represent an aspect of Link in a way. Maybe even the Deku Bulter's son ,too...link went missing for seven years and many assumed he was dead. the Deku Butler's son also went missing, although he actually died.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at. Link has no counterpart in Majora's Mask. It's the same Link from Hyrule in Ocarina of Time. You have proven nothing.

i like the idea that termina is just some place that's far away, and not some other dimension. i know it's been proven, but that's just the way i like to think. i think that with all the choices given kafei would be links counter part

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at. Link has no counterpart in Majora's Mask. It's the same Link from Hyrule in Ocarina of Time. You have proven nothing.

I never said it wasnt the same Link. I said his counterparts were Mikau and Darmani.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
THERE IS NO COUNTERPART TO ZELDA AND GANON SO WHY WOULD THERE BE A LINK?

ganon's counterpart was theorized to be the moon since they both have desires to cause chaos to their lands,and zelda's counterpart was said to be the game's time traveling thing itself since zelda is the sage of time.....ok the ganon thing is kinda understandable but i just got lost at zelda's counterpart theory

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Link isnt the Hero Of Time in the child timeline. His counterpart didnt need to be the hero of time. His Personalaty fits best with Darmani and Mikau. Think about it, they are both warriors and Darmani is a war hero.

Link's counterpart being Darmani and Mikau is a shoddy theory because none of the other counterparts swap races; they are always of the same race. They wouldn't make sense as a counterpart unless they were essentially the same person physically. That's just not how the alternate self theory works, and especially isn't how it was shown in Majora's Mask

I honestly dislike people debating over Link having a counterpart like this, because I don't see why there had to be one. Couldn't he just be a character you never met? It doesn't make sense for Link to have met absolutely everyone anyway, so I don't get why people need to project the idea onto various characters that clearly are not Link.

ganon's counterpart was theorized to be the moon since they both have desires to cause chaos to their lands,and zelda's counterpart was said to be the game's time traveling thing itself since zelda is the sage of time.....ok the ganon thing is kinda understandable but i just got lost at zelda's counterpart theory
...Who theorized this? The moon isn't even an entity; it's the fricken' moon. Majora was the evil consciousness throughout the story, and he's the one that wanted to do what you describe. Besides, as I said, the notion of anyone's alternate self not being of the same race makes absolutely no sense. At that point you're simply not talking about alternate selves: You're talking about something completely unrelated.

Hyrule Historia tells us that the Hero's Shade (who only appears in the Child Timeline) was in fact that Hero of Time. This means that even though he prevented the events of Ocarina of Time from happening, Link was still the Hero of Time.
Beyond that, the idea that he's not the Hero of Time on the child timeline doesn't make any sense, because he's the same guy you played as in Ocarina of Time, just after being sent back to the past. He never overwrote his own history; you're still him continuing directly where you left off at the end of Ocarina of Time. There's no reason to think he somehow isn't the Hero of Time.

T

Tar Alacrin

Goron Link is the Terminan equvalent of Darunia's son (whose name is also Link)

No, cause The equivalent of Darunia's son (a goron named link) would be the goron traveler who's room you can steal (who is also a goron named link)

If you ask me Link doesnt have a Termian counterpart (at least not shown in game). No one in Majora's Mask resembles Link enough not Tingle, Kafei, Darmani, Mikau, etc. None of them are close enough to Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom