• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask in ALBW?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
In recent ALBW footage from NintendoDirect, Majora's Mask can be clearly seen hanging on the wall in the item shop.

majoras-mask.png

So, is it related to the Dark Triforce? an echo between dimensions and timelines? Something new and unexpected?

What are your thoughts?

bunny

birb overlord
I saw a post on Tumblr that pointed out that ALTTP is in the failed timeline, meaning that in that timeline, the Hero of Time didn't defeat Majora. ALBW is a sequel to ALTTP, which means Majora is still within the mask in Ravio's shop. Just throwing that out there.

Personally, I'm not going to take anything I see in the trailers too seriously yet. For all we know, it could just be a decoration, something we won't be able to interact with.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not going to lie, I'd be going straight into speculation when trying to link Majoras Mask to this game, nevermind the "other world" as its called.

It's most likely a reference, an easter egg as people have said. Nevertheless, it's appearance is slightly significant in my opinion, I don't think it will have any large impact in the game itself, but maybe it could open up to some new theories, who knows...

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Maybe the game actually takes place in Termina (since the mask is there, duh), since it's called A Link Between Worlds, and everything that happens to Link in-game is in his own mind. :blank:

But really it's probably just an easter egg.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I suppose it's understandable that you've focused on the colourful mask in that screenshot. Nevermind the broom (LA) or the raft (Z1/2), and I'm sure the rupee satchel will come to some play later, right? I get the feeling that place is gonna be packed with items we've seen before.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I think this could be a hint of many things. Majora's mask remake, or it being in WiiU. idk. we will have to find out by playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom