• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Mask Getting Started Help?

C

Cowbag13

Hey guys, I'm a little new to zelda, I've only beaten Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time, and I am just starting Majora's Mask. From what I've heard, it's a huge game based around side quests and self exploration. Does anyone have any tips for starting out, like first places to check out? I'm not looking for a guide or anything, just some beginner's tips. Thanks in advanced :D

I would recommend experiencing the game firsthand and resist the temptation to look up what you are supposed to do, especially in Majora's Mask. You will enjoy the game a lot more that way. But here are a couple of quick spoiler-free tips:

-Don't forget to deposit your rupees at the "bank" before the end of each time cycle or else you will lose them
-Saving is different in this game than other Zelda games. If you don't save before turning off or resetting your game, you will lose all your progress for that time cycle.

C

Cowbag13

Thanks for the tips. I haven't found the bank yet, though. I just finished the first 3 day cycle and got my ocarina back

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would, honestly, recommend using a guide for each Dungeon. I know that people say it's cheating but, really, you are saving yourself from a lot of frustration. Good Luck!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
You should definitely talk to one the scarecrows if you haven't already, you'll learn something that will make the game much easier!
And for saving: There are always save statues right before the dungeons, if you haven't played the game before then always save there and restart the 3-day cycle before going into a dungeon, don't start it mid-cycle.

MW7

Well I'd recommend spending a 3-day cycle or two just exploring Clock Town itself at first. There are so many different things to explore in that small area itself, and learning the routines of the people in town can be very interesting and rewarding. In fact you can get 20 pieces of heart, 8 masks, 2 bottles, and all the wallet upgrades even before entering the first dungeon (some of that stuff is from the first area of the game though and not from Clock Town). Spend plenty of time within each area of the game because Majora's Mask is the shortest Zelda but also the most dense.

For specific advice the very first thing I'd recommend you do is-
Do the bombers' hide and seek game again, or enter their hideout with the code you got the first time and then leave. This gets you what I would consider the most important item in the entire game

Last edited:

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I would reccomend exploring as much as possible, getting maps, and finding as many masks/songs/heart pieces as you can. This will help alot later in the game, as it saves you the trouble of doing it all later when you're more pressed to do other things. Gl, and enjoy MM.
Ps: You will enjoy the game A LOT more if you don't use a guide. The satisfaction is immense. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom