• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Majora's Mask DLC - What Do You Expect from It?

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'm good with Young Link, I wanted the Fierce Deity Link to be in this game, but I'm bit disapointed to get Tingle instead of Skullkid or Happy mask salesman. Looking forward to play with Young link, not so much with Tingle. Ugh.

Well, Agitha won't be my least used character anymore :)

Last edited:
Lol...you know, i'm kinda disappointed myself. But then again, after playing thorugh tingle's ds games..i've learned to like him more...but still..bah whyyyyyyyyyyyy

I hope there is a update patch with the DLC to make the stages less tedious. Having to play without getting hit to get A Rank and having armour badges and hearts being worthless in the game is never fun.

We get Tingle and no Groose? I know it's an MM pack but Groose should have been there from the start. I guess KT never got the memo from Aonuma that people outside Japland hate Tingle.

I'm also really not that keen on Young Link. I mean I know it's technically a Zelda game but come one already. Young Link isn't unique to Majora's Mask. And it looks like Fierce Deity is just his Focus Spirit. What a lame cop out. Instead of being a badass Deity, you have to rush around as him for only a few seconds. And honestly, this game already has enough ways to be Link. Most characters have 1 weapon, a scant few have 2. Link has like fifty billion weapons. Hylian Sword, Master Sword, Spinner, Gauntlet, Epona, Great Fairy, Magic Rod… did we really need yet another way to play as Link? Honestly I can't help it: i feel a bit betrayed by their choices for this pack. I know that sounds silly and juvenile, but I don't care. This pack essentially came to me for my birthday, and was the single most anticipated aspect of this game for me. And so far, Koei Tecmo has done a marvelous job with everything they've done so far… i just really wasn't expecting to be blindsided like this, so utterly and soundly disappointed. Especially after how many times Aonuma has said, on record, that he's well aware of people's reaction to Tingle outside of Japan. While he may not be despised by everyone, he is very polarizing. Skull Kid is most certainly not. While I can easily see chunks of the fan base being upset at the omission or inclusion of Tingle either way, it's impossible for me to imagine a contingent of fans that would have been actively disappointed in having Skull Kid be playable. Skull Kid is absolutely unique though. You literally can't have had Majora's Mask without him, and yet he's not included in the Majora's Mask pack. And don't even try to tell me about the costume, that actually makes it even more insulting, because it's the final nails in the coffin to bury any hope that they'd make him as a separate DLC later.

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
I expected and wanted young Link, and I'm hoping for Skull Kid (or is that chance gone?)
Tingle was a surprise, yet in a way it's not surprising.

Last edited:
I expected and wanted young Link, and I'm hoping for Skull Kid (or is that chance gone?)
Tingle was a surprise, yet in a way it's not surprising.
Yeah, i'm sure that chance is gone. you can see him in a screen shot of Young Link going all Fierce Deity on some dudes, with the moon crashing down. So now they've given the Moon to two characters that make no sense. But between that, Great Fairy, and the Skull Kid costume going to some random chump, there is honestly no reason whatsoever to expect we'll get him as a whole character.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Aonuma posted details on Miiverse.

Hello everyone. This is Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda games.

Did you see the most recent Nintendo Direct?

We've confirmed the release date for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, and we've also simultaneously launched the official website for Japan, North America and Europe. You can visit the website to see what has changed compared to the original.

On the Japanese website, you can find a walkthrough video of me introducing the world of Termina , which is the setting for this game. I hope that those of you who can understand Japanese will check it out. (It's a little embarrassing because even though I tried my best, when I reviewed the video I realised that I was rambling and not always speaking very clearly. I hope you'll forgive me!)

Also, again for the Japanese audience, we've created an official The Legend of Zelda Twitter account!

The mask salesman will tweet information about Majora's Mask 3D, so I hope you'll follow that account.

For North America, we announced information about the third DLC for Hyrule Warriors, the Majora's Mask Pack. What's inside this DLC pack, you ask? Well...

Surprise! You will be able to use Tingle as a playable character!

I've tried him out myself, and found many surprises like his flamboyant gestures and his unexpected ways of attacking. Hyrule Warriors generally has quite a serious tone, but Tingle does a great job of lightening the mood!

You can also play as Young Link with this DLC Pack. Young Link is very short in stature so he looks very cute when swinging the large Kokiri Sword around. Playing as him really made me smile. However, for his Special Attack he transforms into Fierce Deity Link which is quite dynamic.

The Majora's Mask DLC Pack will be released in Japan and Europe on 29th January, and 5th February in North America. I hope you'll enjoy the unique and strange world of Majora's Mask while you wait for the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.

zlCfzS4wiEgZSdAVsc

Why do Japan/EU/Aus get the DLC about a week before NA?
Even though NA get most things first, this still does not seem fair. Both should get it on the same day.

And I found this funny.

"I hope you enjoy the unique and strange world of Majora's Mask while you wait for Majora's Mask."
That's something a certain Xibit meme would say:

Yo dawg I heard you like Makora's Mask so we released the Hyrule Warriors MM DLC before MM3D so you can play for 3 days while you wait for 3 days.

Last edited:
Um, pretty sure that was Kanye West. Also, I love the idea of it being Majora's Mask as a world, but all the settings will still be the battlefields we have seen and played endlessly, which decidedly look nothing like Termina.

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
^No that was definitely Xzibit.

I'm quite liking Young OoT Link, we get to see his OoT3D design (my favourite) in HD. Pretty neat. Not really a fan of Tingle. I was expecting a lil' more like maybe a Termina level or a playable Skull Kid, but oh well

I'm kinda wondering if they'll have more DLC packs coming up. And if they do, I'm wondering if any of them will involve new levels. And whether or not they'd try to make a full sequel, or just save that stuff for a Hyrule Warriors 2. Personally, I hope they just keep releasing dowloadable packs, that would be the most convenient i think. As for young Link I'm not sure why he's MM pack. He wasn't unique to majora's mask, he was in a handful of games. (same with Tingle, for that matter). I still just don't get why they passed up on the one truly unique character in the titular game of the pack.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Young Link is OoT and MM. He was not in OoT due to the main part of the story takeing place with adult link.

It's official. They've announced who will use the MM costumes.
Of cause this is the NA release date. The JP/EU/Aus dates are roughly 1 week earlier.

Amcw1r9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom