• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a theroy that link becomes a rancher with malon in MM and thats how link owns epona in TP. and apperently link goes back to the lost woods to look for navi and get lost and becomes the kight who teaches the TP link the hidden skills. after you find the last hidden skill he says something about teaching the skills to his son(talking directly to link)...
I have a good point to back up the fact that OOT/MM link becomes the knight. when doing the trade sequence to get the big goron sword you must go to the lost woods but the carpenters son isn't there any more and the girl is there who says something like "don't get lost or you'll become lost forever and become some of evil"??? something along those lines.

There is proof to dispute it, and that's when Link gets his Tunic in TP, the Light Spirit tells him that it was worn by the Old Hero, which... Link would have already had a green tunic if he was the same Link from MM.

Well, the tunic from SS is very similar to the tunic in TP. One could argue that the SS Link was the Hero of Old, as it contains chains and the Kokiri did not have access to that kind of metalwork while making their clothing. Although, Rauru very well could have modified the Tunic to contain them, but hey, there really is no way to know.

Mehhhh
It's not a theory we can outright disprove (as far as I can tell) but it's not one that seems likely. I just get the impression TP Link was new to that kind of stuff. He certainly doesn't seem to recognise Ganondorf. I do quite like the idea of it though. Gives a new little twist to his character and a backbone behind the reason why he already had the triforce. I just don't think its something likely (or something these guys will take to very quickly either)

Crash said:
There is proof to dispute it, and that's when Link gets his Tunic in TP, the Light Spirit tells him that it was worn by the Old Hero, which... Link would have already had a green tunic if he was the same Link from MM.
One that fits a kid, yeah. I'd say a better fitted quote would be one of the Hero's Shades lines. "You may be destined to become the hero of legend, but..." This kinda implies Link isn't there yet and so the line would not fit had he of been OoT Link.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The girl says if you get lost that you'll become a stalfos,alot of people have theories on this because the guy who teaches link the hidden skills (everyone calls him shade) looks like a stalfos.then there is theories that the sword and sheild shade has it the glided sword and the mirror sheild,I think I must be blind cuz the sword and sheild shade has looks nothing like them.

I don't really buy into the Hero of Time being the Golden Wolf anymore. In the child timeline, he never really did much. It seems more likely that SS Link is the Hero's Shade by this point.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
The evidence that I am going to bring to the table isn't really mine, but a theory that explains both the Hero's Shade and the events of Twilight Princess. This isn't really my theory, but it has been used in arguments quite often. After Link returns to Hyrule, he becomes lost in the woods with no way out. Eventually he dies and becomes the spirit known as the Hero's Shade. Over time, the land of Hyrule undergoes erosion and tectonic shifts, greatly changing the landscape but still maintaining its basic form. Since the mask salesman brought Majora's Mask back from Termina, it was used by the dark interlopers as part of the fused shadows (explaining the fused shadow-majora's mask reference). I think this makes sense, and may be of use. Link didn't return to Termina. How could he have returned? He never got out of the forest.

That theory sounds pretty interesting..I haven't actually played through majoras mask (even though I should!) but it makes sense from the perspective of twilight princess.

Since the mask salesman brought Majora's Mask back from Termina, it was used by the dark interlopers as part of the fused shadows (explaining the fused shadow-majora's mask reference)

I never understood why people say the Fused Shadows and Majora's Mask are connected, they literally look NOTHING alike.

I never understood why people say the Fused Shadows and Majora's Mask are connected, they literally look NOTHING alike.

I believe it's something to do with on of HMS's quotes about Majora being created by a dark tribe or something. Take it with a grain of salt though as it isn't confirmed and the Japanese version of the same quote doesn't word it in quite the same way so less of a connection is made.

Ohh, I realy like the Theory. We have something similar in PH. There Link and Tetra are in the world of the ocean king for weeks, but in hyrule only a few seconds have passed. So it IS possible. But if I'm not mistaking, isn't there some quote from Ilya that they were friends since there childhood? But onn the other hand maybe Link, still a child, came back from Termina and then went to Ordon...I realy like this theory =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom