• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came up with a theory that seems kind of intuitive, which surprises me that I haven't seen it before, which makes me think that there is a glaringly obvious mistake that I for some reason missed, so please tell me if there is. When Link returns from Termina with Epona, hundreds of years have passed, due to it being in a different dimension. That Link grows up in Ordon and becomes Twilight Princess Link.

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
It's a little far fetched and there isn't that much evidence to support it. How do you know that hundreds of years passed, and if Link returns to Hyrule, how is it a different dimension?

No, Termina's a different dimension, so time flows differently. The only evidence there is is that he has Epona, and both are on the child timeline. What I'm asking for is what would disprove it entirely.

S

SilentLink

no. they are not the same. although it could be argued that upon the events of MM closing, Link returned to Hyrule, settled down in ordon, and the Link in TP is his descendant

Crazy-ish, there are such connection between the games like the tribe and Fused Shadows and Majoras Mask. Oh well this didn't have anything new...... No one under stands TP and MM connections like me not that they need to. :tired: I need to go to bed, lol.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
OracleOfAwesome said:
When Link returns from Termina with Epona, hundreds of years have passed, due to it being in a different dimension
This is the primary problem; why would hundreds of years have passed if he was in a different dimension? At most, three days would have passed, because that was the amount of time allowed to pass in Termina (although not the amount of time Link spent in there, that is significantly larger). Another likely possibility is that it could have been little to no time at all.
I don't see the reasoning as to why hundreds of years would have passed.

H

Haruhi Suzumiya

I'm guessing no, because link didn't have any of his items nor did TP give any flashbacks or hints about MM.

I think he means it is something like Narnia. Between the 2nd and 4th books, 1 year passes in the real world, but in the world of Narnia, 1300 years (or something like that) pass.

It is a good theory, but if it did happen, TP Link would be a descendant of OOT/MM Link, not that same Link; he would have some memory of all that. (But Link never speaks, so we don't really know.)

I understand what he means. Like 1 day in termina could be like 100 years in hyrule. I think its a pretty cool theory but nothing proves it. On the other hand nothing really disproves it. If it were the case you would thing it would be more obvious.

B

bigdmo96

Twilight Princess is more like a reimagining of Ocarina of Time

I think he means it is something like Narnia.
He? Don't be so quick to assume I'm a boy :P Anyway, yeah, exactly like Narnia.

Twilight Princess is more like a reimagining of Ocarina of Time

I always thought it had a lot more in common with ALttP. Dark worlds, finding three things to get the Master Sword in the Sacred Grove, realizing that the guy you thought was the main villain was being controlled by Ganon in a plot twist, spurring another half of the quest into motion resulting in Ganon's death. And hey, ALttP = ALT TP = Alternative Twilight Princess :P Anyway, off topic, but whatever.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
Well the zelda series, as far as timeline is concerned, follows every time traveling rule in the book.

It follows Back to the future rules, then turns around and follows terminator rules....why the hell not let if follow Narnia rules lol.

There is proof to dispute it, and that's when Link gets his Tunic in TP, the Light Spirit tells him that it was worn by the Old Hero, which... Link would have already had a green tunic if he was the same Link from MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom