• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Majora's Mask and The Moon

I just finished playing Majora's Mask the other day and I was thinking about the room where the final fight takes place. When I saw the way the mask shakes itself out of the wall as the fight starts, the thought occurred to me that maybe the moon is the place where the mask was originally sealed by the ancient tribe. It would have remained there until the Happy Mask Salesman removed it (he could totally get to the moon if he wanted to - I believe in him!) ... (which could also tie into the bomb shop plans to get into space - maybe it's rumored that something is hidden on the moon?).

This could be one reason that Majora specifically decides to pull down the moon - its desire being to destroy the world it was banished from with the very thing it was banished into. This would also be parallel to Skull Kid's emotions due to being rejected and sent away by his friends, which could explain why he and the mask were drawn to each other. It's not so much a theory, but I was surprised that I never thought of it that way before. I'm curious what you think :)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So I'm actually in the middle of playing it for the first time (got the Goron Mask earlier today) but this is all very interesting! Definitely ties it all together! Makes me wonder more about Happy Mask Salesman tho. What's he hiding?

So I'm actually in the middle of playing it for the first time (got the Goron Mask earlier today) but this is all very interesting! Definitely ties it all together! Makes me wonder more about Happy Mask Salesman tho. What's he hiding?
Amazing, I hope you thoroughly enjoy the experience!
I would love to learn more about the HMS. If he wants to spread happiness, why does he want a mask containing dark power? Such an interesting character.

I actually think that Majora's Mask houses a solar deity, and the Fierce Deity's Mask is a Lunar God. Majora's Mask is trying to destroy the other celestial bodies so that all which will remain is the sun.
I love this theory! I absolutely couldn't believe that after all these years, I never noticed the moon on the FD's chest. In that case, I suppose that Majora could be taking over the moon to stick it to FD, the lunar god.

Archer

Whatever
Eh, I’ll give your theory some credibility. Space travel in the Zelda series isn’t really that unheard of considering the alien invasion in the very same game, so if maybe the mask salesman traveled somewhere far away where some people could have taken him to the moon and back, I would understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom