• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask 3DS?

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
there has been a lot of talk about this so do you think it can be possible. we know that ocarina of time 3d will come out sometime in june and skyward sword after but what about majora's mask 3ds? will it be another surprise for us following the 25th anniversery of zelda?

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Please, no more remakes! I want a remake of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask might be pushing it. A lot of people much prefer original games, and I do too; OoT is just SUCH a good game I want it portable.

M

Majora Deity

This sounds like a great idea but im not too sure Nintendo really wants to take the time to do this project.
But if magically this does happen in the future then Im all for it. I'd buy it the day its released :)
MM Portable would be Killer.
Hopefully they decide to make a 3DS Version of MM

linkman8

True and Noble
I'm not sure they'll decide to make any more 3D remakes after OOT, for the reason that they take a while to make, and I'm guessing they don't want to spend a lot of their time converting the older games, other than OOT which was a classic, into 3D format rather than just making new games that might sell more.

L

ljmb3698

OBVIOUSLY they will after people have completed oot 3d they`re gonna want the direct sequel so of course nintendo will make a remake

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I'm of two minds when it comes to a hypothetical Majora's Mask 3D. On the one hand, yes, it would be a perfect companion piece to Ocarina of Time, the other brilliant Zelda game with the horribly aged graphics. Sure, navigating through the Bombers' notebook with a stylus and touchscreen would be nice. And just think of how cool areas like Pinnacle Rock or Stone Tower would look like in 3D.
On the other hand, however, it would keep a development team busy that could instead be working on a new Zelda game based on the Ocarina of Time 3D engine.

If I had to choose, I'd pick a new game instead. Now of course the best case scenario has Nintendo working on a new game and a MM remake, but I don't know how likely that is.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Since reusing a similar engine and already having the concept down to make a sequel would cost next to nothing for Nintendo, chances are they will. They obviously will hire the third party studio that did this version of OOT to do an MM3D so as to improve more third party relations. This would happen while the rest of their main teams are concentrating on new Zelda titles. It would be a financially smart decision as well as a way to help boon the worth of Zelda properties.

I really don't understand people who say they'd rather Nintendo devote their time to making new titles, when its third parties making these remakes.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I really don't understand people who say they'd rather Nintendo devote their time to making new titles, when its third parties making these remakes.
I've been saying this over and over again. No one seems to listen. A lot of these remakes are being developed by third parties. That in itself should tell everyone that the main developing teams are working on new games. It's a rather clever system actually. That way you get the best of both. New games and old classics ported over to a new system. Which increases the lifespan of the games, as the old hardware is hard to come by these days in working order, and it increases the library of available games.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the engine they made for OoT 3D should work for all 3DS Zelda titles, even the new ones. Development should not be slowed at all.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Something I just thought of that I didn't before: MM, in addition to having the same engine as Ocarina, also reuses the majority of the models (obviously why it only took two years from OoT to MM), which would make a remake far more feasible.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Nintendo isn't the only one that can make Zelda games. If those third parties are any good (and OoT3D makes me think that this particular third party is great), then Nintendo should let that third party create a new game (instead of another remake). They've outsourced handheld Zelda games before (Oracles, Minish Cap), so there's precedent.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Of course I would have to say I am for this! Majora's Mask is by far my favourite Zelda game, and I would love to be able to play it on the go. True, the upgraded graphics would probably be nice as well, but that doesn't excite me quite like being able to play the game anywhere at anytime does. Of course, we don't know if this will happen, and if it does it won't be any time soon.
I would totally get a 3DS just for this game, if nothing else.

Hanyou

didn't build that
No game needs a remake. Both Ocarina and Majora are perfect as is, judged on their own merits. The visual style was and is perfect--same with the music, gameplay, and everything else.

Intellectual Property does not age. As I've said before, it's not food. It doesn't spoil with time. As excited as I am about Ocarina of Time's remake, it never needed it.

As such, I don't see a real need for an MM remake. MM is far from my favorite Zelda title, and I may not even buy a remake at all. But I don't see anything wrong with it either.

I always question the position of those who demand a remake like any game needs it (why cater to the few younger gamers who can't judge a title on its own merits?), but also the position of those who resent remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom