• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora's Gender: Male,Female,Genderless?

I actually think that Majora's Incarnation is female, with its slender legs and arms, and tho I hate to get into the rumours, the eyes and the pink bottom center indicate female. Majora's Incarnation is easily male from the body build itself. The mask, however, it hard to assign a gender to. But remember, "majora" is a Latin word and ends in the letter "a" which is usually feminine.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
Well, it's probably a demon or dark magic, so I think it's genderless...but it seems to transform into something based on a female (Majora's Wrath).I think that it's genderless, but if it had a natural body, it would be a female.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I would've considered Majora to be genderless but the fact that's it's name ends with the letter "a" makes me think that the person / thing that made the mask was female so I don't really know.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

The fact that Majora has a high voice doesn't necessarily make it female. I mean, have you ever heard Justin Bieber? XD (Kidding, I love Justin Bieber.) The most legitimate theory for Majora being female I've heard, though, in all seriousness, is that the name ending in "a" indicates femininity. You might argue that it's more logical to look at the Japanese names, but none of the character's name in the Japanese version (as far as I'm aware) are actual Japanese names, so Japanese naming mechanics don't apply. For reference, Majora is spelled "Mujura" in Japanese.

There's also Majora's Wrath who appears to have a masculine build. With a masculine build and a seemingly feminine name, he's either male with a weird name, genderless, or perhaps both genders.

Big Octo

=^)
I would say it is gender-less because it may just it may just be an Evil Spirit. Also, it's probably gender-less because it's a Mask. :xd:

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I personally think that Majora is genderless. He can take on multiple different forms, but cannot become a specific gender. After all, he had male qualities as Majora's Wrath, but that hideous screaming was definately female.

i say male. i always thought he was just a guy with a high-pitched voice (like the happy mask salesman!)
he just seems so guyish for a mask, and there arnt many female villains in zelda, so its kinda (i think) expected the main boss be male.

I've always referred to Majora as female, but only to be politically correct among my peers who all believe Majora's female. In my personal opinion, Majora's Mask is genderless, but its two forms assume gender-esque roles. Majora's Wrath honestly has a feminine presence about it, especially the markings on its body :suspicious:, but that doesn't really mean much...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Majora's Wrath kind of LOOKS like a female. I won't go into too much detail on that, but look at Majora's Wrath next to a picture of a woman and you'll understand my thinking.

But wasn't there an evil spirit within Majora's Mask? There are spirits within the transformation masks Link holds, so why would there not be a spirit in Majora's Mask? That spirit could be the spirit of an evil, male or female sorcerer(ess) from ancient times. But even if there was a spirit in the mask, how could we determine its gender? Therefore, its gender must be indeterminate, and thus NOT necessarily genderless, just of unknown gender. ...or hermaphroditic. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jaybay1995

I think the mask itself is genderless but i think that the skull kid is a female.

Majoras mask

Creepy purple guy!
i think he's either genderless or male. if he's male it's because of the fact that his host is male and he is just using him to exert his evil powers. also, he seems very muscular and male in his figure in the fight with majora's wrath. also as mentioned before, the demon form in the manga is male. there is however, no proof in the game as he's a mask! unless you can make out any genitals while in combat i's assume it's genderless. also to explain the screaming he's insane! all he wants to do is destroy, he has no motive or reason to do so, at least ganondorf has a reason.

majora's wrath is huge and muscly so i think he looks more male (although we can't possibly tell majora's gender). get your mind out of the gutter DekuNut! those are eyes on his chest, NOTHING else.

It's Kinda difficult to say because as everyone stated...it's a mask!That said, i've read the Manga of Majora's mask, and I think it's genderless. Majora appears as a monster who eats people.Later on it gets slain by this weary travaller. after that he uses the majora's armor to carve Majora's mask and seal the darkness within the mask.

But that's based of the manga. In the game it's hard to tell because the moon (which is supposely part of Majora) appears to have a man's face, where as when you fight Majora's Incarnation/Wrath, it shreaks like a woman.
Creatures don't really need genders so i'm gonna say genderless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom