• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora Vs. Zant

Majora's Cat

How about that
Since nobody can post polls now (hope the Admins fix all this phooey...), I will keep this as a normal thread for the time being.

Majora and Zant are two of The Legend of Zelda's most insane antagonists. Vaati was cool and all, but the boss from Minish Cap, FS and FSA simply lacked flare. I will list some of the reasons why Majora and Zant deserve to be recognized:

Majora:

There was no telling what sort of mischief Majora would try to create. Many mysteries surround the evil spirit trapped inside the mask, but still to this day, no one would know Majora's true motives. Was it because he/she simply wanted to toy with you? Anyway, evil or not, most will agree that hiding yourself in a creepy mask then taking control of poor Skull Kid is either one of two things: 1) Pathetic and 2) Awesome! Everything about Majora was creepy and mystifying. From the inside of the moon to his/her chilling laugh, Majora ranks up there with the scariest video game villains out there - who could ever forget about Majora's Wrath? There are no explanations for what Majora did and what strange things revolve around his/her existence (the moon crashing into the earth?! Insanity!)

Zant:

Admit it, you were once fooled into believing Zant was cool. We all were. The illegal king of the Twilight Realm, a bloodthirsty tyrant, and just so darn epic. His menacing presence in the beginning of the game is often overshadowed by his maniacal breakdown upon his defeat. Driven blind with power, Zant is exactly the person you don't want to be. Zant may have gone nuts, but we have to admit that his boss fight was the most diverse in any Zelda. Going back to old mini-boss and regular boss arenas was just sensational. The music was remixed and made better by the hyperactivity that seemed to come from Zant during the fight. He mimicked the previous boss' fighting style and strategies - and eventually fought one-on-one in a fight to the finish outside Hyrule Castle. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.

So, who is cooler? Majora or Zant?

Z

zora14

I've never played majora's mask, but zant was unbelievably easy.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
They are both really cool. Each are dark and menacing and crazy, however I still find Majora to be more threatening and a lot cooler than Zant.

Here's my opinion...

Majora:

To be honest, I don't really have much that I think is cool about Majora. I like the fact that Link actually has to go up and destroy a mask that near enough has the power of a god, but to be honest, when it comes to the fight, being beaten down by a kid with your average sword isn't cool. Majora's plan is rather dark though, and shows how heartless and mindless Majora really is, it's just something that's been devoured by darkness and evil. I can't really think of anything else that makes Majora cool though.

Zant:

You have all probably guessed that I don't think that Majora is that cool, as it lacks enough reasons for me to think it is. Zant however, has several more reasons. We actually get to see what happens to Zant lose his grip on his sanity more and more through the game in a sense, and that's something I loved about him, he reminds me of the Joker. He was calm, composed, and looked like the biggest bad *** around. Slowly, he lost this composition, and showed us the raw lack of sanity that existed in him. We also know that he was a loyal, sane person. But then he turns into a sour, vengeful and angry being, until he is given the power he wants. Everyone knows that it's this power that turns him into such a crazy being, and I think it gains him infinite cool points, as we realise how weak and uncomposed he is.

As you can see, I think that Majora isn't that cool compared to Zant. I also see many people here stating that Zant isn't cool because he was an easy boss to defeat, personally, I don't think that the difficulty of the boss matters, outwise the bosses from games like the original Legend of Zelda would wipe the floor with the rest of the bosses.

If Zant didn't go crazy at the end it would have been a tough one, but him going crazy totally ruined him. I was scared of him until he showed weakness right before the battle.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Zant is a pretty cool character, and had more character development than Majora. We got to see what Zant was more like. He did turn me down in the end :(. But I can't really decide who's the cooler one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom