• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora, The Moon Hater

Link seems to suffer when ever he puts on a mask

That only happens when he puts on a mask that changes his whole body. I think he's in pain because its changing his whole body, and the mask might be gluing itself to his face.

Getting back on topic, Majora is the way it is because it was crafted by a tribe for dark rituals. This is what the Happy Mask Salesman says on the subject:

"It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears the mask.

According to legend...

The troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great...

the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power..."

However, note his use of "it is said", which means that it may not be true. I'm just going on what's in the game here.

I'd say that Majora acts the way it does because it was programmed to. It was designed to harness the evil inside everyone to bring it out, magnify it and unleash it. The more hatred inside a person, the more the mask is attracted to them. Hence the reason why it came into the Skull Kid's possession. He was angry because his friends had left him. And he was angry with himself, thinking that there was something wrong with him, when in reality, the Four Giants' (the SK's friends) departure had nothing to do with him. Well, they did get angry at him wreaking havoc over them leaving, but that was different.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
That only happens when he puts on a mask that changes his whole body. I think he's in pain because its changing his whole body, and the mask might be gluing itself to his face.

Getting back on topic, Majora is the way it is because it was crafted by a tribe for dark rituals. This is what the Happy Mask Salesman says on the subject:

"It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears the mask.

According to legend...

The troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great...

the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. But now, that tribe from the legend has vanished, so no one really knows the true nature of the mask's power..."

However, note his use of "it is said", which means that it may not be true. I'm just going on what's in the game here.

I'd say that Majora acts the way it does because it was programmed to. It was designed to harness the evil inside everyone to bring it out, magnify it and unleash it. The more hatred inside a person, the more the mask is attracted to them. Hence the reason why it came into the Skull Kid's possession. He was angry because his friends had left him. And he was angry with himself, thinking that there was something wrong with him, when in reality, the Four Giants' (the SK's friends) departure had nothing to do with him. Well, they did get angry at him wreaking havoc over them leaving, but that was different.

This is a possibility. Plus, the "it is said" line has pretty much been proven what with Skull_Kid managing to beat down a witch, cast a curse on you, raise the dead, etc.
But I don't think the Mask was used in such a way. I think the Mask had been gifted with a mind of it's own was not really programmed as you say. The mask had been shown to be able to abandon it's user at it's own will. Even the Happy Mask salesman said that he felt a terrible power in the mask.
Also what if the mask used Skull_Kid's depression as a way to fuel it's powers. And as a precaution ;) (don't want giants ruining my plans.)

Whatever Majora is (and there is hardly any clear information on the subject,) it was clearly extremely evil and destructive. In mask form, it possessed the Skull Kid and drove him to curse and torture people, bring the moon down on Termina, and commit various other acts of evil, some being fairly minor, others being very evil and destructive.

It is also clear that even though very little is known about Stone Tower Temple, it definitely had something to do with Majora directly.

Also keep in mind, it says no where that the Dark Tribe actually created the mask, only that they used it.

So my theory is that Majora was some sort of demon or evil entity (perhaps even a dark god,) who was worshipped in Stone Tower Temple, and was eventually sealed into a mask, possibly by the Dark Tribe, but not necessarily. The Dark Tribe used the mask, eventually sealed it, and so on. I also believe that it's final form "Majora's Wrath," is it's true form, before it became a mask.

So I think Majora is just a being of evil. I don't think it turned evil because of some reason or another.

(Oh, and I hear people saying Majora is female. I don't think it's necessarily true, but it is possible. Personally, I think Majora is either male or genderless, rather than female. The high-pitched voice doesn't really make me think it's female.)

Chris

It has been awhile...
Majora wanted to destroy the earth because it was lonely and no one would love it. Plus, it is a freaking demon, it was only made to destroy things like Demons do. I have never seen a friendly demon, or a demon who wasn't out to destroy the world. In addition to what I said, it is a video game and in a video game, not everything has a past, they need to make a villian and if they wanted you to figure out it's past, then they would have showed you a cutscene of it's past.

G

garato

majora gets a jolly out of suaside bombing. only the moon is a bomb and hes not from afganastan or iraq or starbucksastan or warever the hell the suaside nouts are from

majoras wrath has made every mans dream come true. eyes on boobs. no more will men be slowly pulled to look at a womesns boobs untill she notices ad says. hey look im up here. thats very akward. now men can look women right in the eyes and enjoy it hahahahah

Majora wanted to destroy the earth because it was lonely and no one would love it. Plus, it is a freaking demon, it was only made to destroy things like Demons do. I have never seen a friendly demon, or a demon who wasn't out to destroy the world. In addition to what I said, it is a video game and in a video game, not everything has a past, they need to make a villian and if they wanted you to figure out it's past, then they would have showed you a cutscene of it's past.
It never actually says anywhere that Majora is definitely a demon, although it is suggested (strongly, IMO.)

I personally think it is, but there isn't any real proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom