• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora`s Mask...seriously?

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I found MM to be the most obnoxious game I have ever played.I hate feeling rushed!I did use the walkthrough provided by this site,and boy I wish they had a video walkthrough.Thank God I finished that sucker,but now I see they`re working on a video walkthrough for it! D: gaaah! Seriously?! xD Just my luck.Anyways,did anyone actually like the whole time function in MM?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I actually liked the rush it made MM more challenging and slightly difficult plus after you found the dungeon item you skip through portions of that dungeon if you had go back to Dawn of the 1st Day.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Too bad you didn't like it. Majora's Mask, while very loved by people these days, is undeniably a game that some people will be turned off by.

Some people (including me) would tell you the timer added to the tension, but I can see why you're annoyed by it. There's no time for exploration with that.

Still, are there any parts that weren't so bad for you? I'd like to know.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I loved it. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I never had issues with it, and I always had plenty of time left over after completing dungeons. It made the game seem so much more real. Instead of characters standing in one spot all the time, people actually moved around and were at different spots at different times. I loved that.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I loved the game! I loved the time limit, I work best under pressure. I also found that the time limit wasn't very limiting. I also loved all the various side quests. I often let myself get side-tracked from the main plot, so all the side-quests definatly were my thing. The puzzles involving the different masks were awesome, and the large, difficult dungeons were fun! All in all, it's my favorite game.

Austin

Austin
I loved it a lot actually. It was a game that you could play for a short period of time or long period of time. For example, during school I only had few hours or less of free time for video games. With Majora's Mask I was able to do a side quest or two. If I had more time, I could do several side quests or dungeons. The only problem I have with the game is that it didn't have enough dungeons. If you took the dungeon count from Ocarina of Time and the side question count from Majora's Mask and put it into one game. This would let me play for short periods and long periods of time.

Anyways, I'm sort of confused why people hate Majora's Mask. Do they not know of the song of slow time? This could make the 3 day period last for hours. Use this the song of time, then use the slow song, and you'll easily have more then enough time to beat any dungeon. I've never had problem with not having enough time. I more or less had problems with too much time. Especially with the side quests that had several steps at different times. This made me have to wait and figure out how to kill time. I swore the song of slow time was pretty common knowledge.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I actually liked the rush it made MM more challenging and slightly difficult plus after you found the dungeon item you skip through portions of that dungeon if you had go back to Dawn of the 1st Day.
Another thing I loved was how certain masks actually helped in big ways such as the Blast Mask(infinite bombs) and Stone Mask(Invisible to minor enemies) and last the Bunny Hood(Faster movement as human Link)

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I loved Majora's Mask, and I think that the time limit (in addition to the difficulty of 75% of dungeons) made up for the fact that there were only four dungeons. I found it very cool how I went through Great Bay Temple at least four times, each time learning more about the temple but having to rewind it before finishing. Plus the number of side quests, made Majora's Mask my favorite game of all time.

I liked it since it had the time involved. That way everything will be on schedule.

For example, if you were wondering what time the mailman was going to deliver something, all you have to do is see him deliver it one time and that is going to be the time each time.
It keeps everything in order I believe. I really liked it.

Now if you were wondering if I liked being rushed, well I wasn't at all. I know what to do, so I never feel rushed.
Even the first time I played through it I still didn't feel rushed. The Inverted Song of Time really helped.

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
Majora's Mask is a very good game. More complicated than OoT however. Dungeons (except for the Stone Tower Temple), were pretty boring. But the sidequests make up for that! Were you using the Song of Inverted Time? That makes things WAY easier.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I didnt really HATE it hate it,I just am not the kind of person to work well under pressure xD What I did enjoy was the way you get to know each character in depth.I also LOVED playing as a Goron! I freaken love Gorons,and when I saw we could play as them,I was hooked!
I used and abused the song to slow down time,Id panic in a dungeon when it was already the second night,but in the end I was able to finish it,and had alot of time left xD I guess it was my nerves.But it is a game I would play again,since I got the hang of the time deal.At first its super intimidating you have to admit :S

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I didnt really HATE it hate it,I just am not the kind of person to work well under pressure xD What I did enjoy was the way you get to know each character in depth.I also LOVED playing as a Goron! I freaken love Gorons,and when I saw we could play as them,I was hooked!
I used and abused the song to slow down time,Id panic in a dungeon when it was already the second night,but in the end I was able to finish it,and had alot of time left xD I guess it was my nerves.But it is a game I would play again,since I got the hang of the time deal.At first its super intimidating you have to admit :S

Super intimidating no doubt. I actually liked it because of that. If a game (A GAME, of all things) can make people feel like that, it's gotta be special, doesn't it?

And controlling a goron was rad too. It almost made Epona obsolete (the only downside is you can actually get hurt).

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There is not much about MM that I don't like. Including the time limit, I loved the components about MM. And you feel rushed because you are being rushed. I've found alot of people saying they didn't like that, but I thought it was brilliant because it made you relate more to Link. Link is being rushed to get things done and so are you. Also, walkthroughs can limit the entertainment of a game. The feeling of solving a problem for yourself is one that Zelda lovers cherish alot.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
The time function really didn't seem too serious a drawback for me, I think it added to the story with the added sense of impending doom. Video games in general, even if they do use a day and night cycle- don't have time pass very seriously. If you let your Ocarina of Time sit in a day/night cycle for a week as a child, Ganon won't have the world in his clutches, will he? The time stays the same. Majora's Mask Is a more realistic approach to gaining this effect. Plus, with the reverse song of time, I didn't feel that rushed at all.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I didn't really mind the time limit being there. It never really affected me. Never did I have to redo a Temple because of time of whatever, though I did use the Inverse Song of Time to make the time go slower. But the time limit brought its own uniqueness and different level to the game, as there were tasks and sidequests to be done at specific times of the specific days, which no other Zelda game could do. And the time limit was also supposed to bring a sense of urgency to the game, as the Moon was about to crush everyone. So in all, the addition of the time limit was more on the positive side for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom