• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora is a Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this has been posted but:

1. The way (she) it screams when you attack Majoras Wrath is obviously female intended.

2. The eyes look like breasts?

3. (don't click if you're younger than 18? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labia_majora

4. I read a pretty long theory explaining stone tower temple and some of you have too and it points that Majora is a female?

I haven't done too much research on this and I want to hear ZD's opinion, this has prolly been discussed here but I like the way ZD handles things rather than ZU. so I want to hear ZDs take on this.

Here's the theory I read.

"At the top of the Stone Tower, there is a statue of a hand that points to the sky. Every time I looked at it I wondered why it was there. When I was playing that part of the game last night, I looked at the architecture at the entrance to the temple and I noticed that the tower next to the hand looked very phallic... then I understood.

And now, I think I've solved a large part of the mystery of Majora's Mask.

The Stone Tower is the Terminian equivalent of the Tower of Babel. The story of the Tower of Babel tells of mankind's attempt to defy God by building a tower that would reach the heavens. Because this was an act of wickedness, God thwarted their plans by making every man speak a different language. Unable to communicate, the men could not continue building the tower.

How does this apply to the Stone Tower? Many people here have mentioned that the Triforce can be seen on the statues leading to Ikana and on the blocks Link crosses to reach the top of the Tower. Nintendo did not put the Triforce there accidentally, or as an Easter egg. The Triforce is placed on the end of the tongue of the statue, and the statue uses its tongue to cover its crotch. Clearly the architects of those obscene statues were aware of the Triforce's existence and were mocking the three goddesses.

The hand at the top of the Stone Tower is pointing at the goddesses, and the phallic tower next to it is saying "Screw you." The Stone Tower itself resembles a giant phallus, sticking out of the earth and pointing towards the heavens.

The ancient ones who built the Stone Tower were blaspheming the goddesses of the Triforce. Their plan seems to have been to open a portal in the sky that would lead them to heaven. But the goddesses would not allow this to happen, and they would not let this evil go unpunished. So they flipped the universe upside down.

The architects opened the portal, but because everything had been reversed it led them to hell. And in hell there was a being that had been sealed away during a previous age, a being that had attempted to destroy the world. The architects found the mask of the demon and brought it with them. And so the goddesses punished the builders of the Stone Tower by releasing Majora into their world. That world was then called Termina because it was doomed to end. The men who had found the mask honored it by placing symbols of it in all the temples, as well as in the desert realm where they had found it (Twinmold's lair).

Ages later, the Skull Kid stole the mask and the demon finally had a weak host it could use as a puppet. As Majora gained strength, it summoned the moon to come crashing into Termina, as it was the fate of that world to be destroyed. But then a child came into that doomed world, a child who was a member of the race that had been blessed by the goddesses, a child who had carried a piece of the sacred Triforce. That child was Link, and in three days he conquered the devil and saved the world (a possible allusion to the story of Christ). It should be noted that Link had entered a portal in the sky as he did this; was that the realm the ancient ones had tried to reach? As the moon was cast back into the heavens, the goddesses left behind a rainbow as a promise that they would not again seek to destroy Termina, as God had left a rainbow in the sky as a covenant with Noah after flooding the world.

Interestingly enough, though the goddesses spared Termina, they did send a flood to wipe out Hyrule."

Termina = Terminate.

great read, some of you prolly knew this already tho

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
I believe that Majora is a gender less demonic spirit. Also, I'd like to point out that you're 3rd argument isn't holding much water, as the 'Majora' part has nothing to do with the gender, it's a Latin word word for major ( it's used often).

C

cities

Majora's Mask can't have a gender, but Majora can. I believe throughout the game it is implied as female, based on a couple of articles I have read like the one posted above.

G

Goddess Sword

1. The way (she) it screams when you attack Majoras Wrath is obviously female intended.
It's only high-pitched, it could be a kid too.

2. The eyes look like breasts?
No.

3. (don't click if you're younger than 18? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labia_majora
Majora is the plural form of the Latin word "majus", which means "larger".

4. I read a pretty long theory explaining stone tower temple and some of you have too and it points that Majora is a female?
This theory seems more like fanfic then an actual theory. I, however, think that the people who constructed the Stone Tower along with the Stone Tower Temple and the pillars to Ikana (which I also believe to be the Ancient Tribe spoken by the HMS) where attempting to profane the Goddesses, but not because of the "sexuals references" one may see. I also believe it's where Majora's Mask was sealed (and where the HMS found it).

I've always thought of Majora as a genderless entity, and I still think so.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
o God i love some of your theories.
they're interesting to read, and a bit funny.

but i think majoras mask is an "it". it is a mask, after all.

but there is also the majoras mask manga...
where there was that short story explaining the masks TRUE oragin.
the beast (majora) was a he...
lemmie think about this again...
brb confusing myself

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Read this article:
Click Here
If it was tl;dr:
It says that it's obvious that the people stopped worshiping The Triforce (3 female goddesses), and worshiped the 4 giants instead. The four giants are male, and the article tells how they showed male supremacy. Then it goes on to say that maybe the Gods sent down Majora to punish the people... There are a lot more important details in the article, stating why Majora is female. You should read it, although it looks like you already have...

The God's are obviously male.

but Majora (NOT THE MASK, why do you guys keep saying "masks cant have genders" I never even mentioned the mask, just Majora") seems female.

also, for those who don't believe the stone TOWER and TOWER of Babel similarities, it just matches up so perfectly, how they wanted to climb to Heaven but instead they turned it upside down (with light arrows, that banish evil) and sent them to Hell. the statues, everything lines up perfectly.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
but Majora (NOT THE MASK, why do you guys keep saying "masks cant have genders" I never even mentioned the mask, just Majora") seems female.

well, the mask is majora.
but i do see what your getting at.
correct me if im wrong, but i think your thinking that majora, when in mask form is an "it", but it turns female when it transforms into wrath and or incarnation, right?
*i dont believe this is true either though, i still think the mask and the other forms are "its"...*

well, the mask is majora.
but i do see what your getting at.
correct me if im wrong, but i think your thinking that majora, when in mask form is an "it", but it turns female when it transforms into wrath and or incarnation, right?
*i dont believe this is true either though, i still think the mask and the other forms are "its"...*

the mask is just a mask, majora's evil spirit or w.e is inside the mask.

mask = mask

majora = majora

so the mask is an it cuz it's an object but I think Majora was/is a female.

and yeah I think the wrath is the most obvious female part, also the mask is purple and pink and so is the "devil like figure" when it shows it's true form.

idk why people are so suprised that it would be a female, think about it...the 3 goddesses are like the most imporant part of Zelda and they're all females. Majora being female just makes it that more badass and creepier.

not to mention I wanna name my daughter Majora now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom