• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majora Heart Shaped... with Whiskers?

Lol. I get it xD. Those are some small melons. No but seriously!!!

Like, I saw a cat a couple days ago (a bit different from the pic) and it looked a lot like the Majora's mask!

I understand that it's shaped like a heart, because it needs a heart for a host. And the spikes should symbolize danger, but it looks awfully similar to a cat

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I've always thought it was meant to represent female parts, not just the eyes, but the overall shape of the mask too. If you know the origin of the 'heart' shape, then you know what I mean. There's a theory that Majora is female, but the shape of the mask is just scratching the surface. You should read Hylian Dan's Stone Tower theory.

Oh, and also, I think Majora's Mask looks like the monkeys from Twilight Princess if any animal. Really, look at the monkeys' faces, they're a spitting image of Majora's Mask.

@Linebeck1000: That Stone Tower Theory was a great read! Thanks for posting that.

But anyway, I don't see how Majora's Mask represents "female parts"? Am I missing something?

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
@Linebeck1000: That Stone Tower Theory was a great read! Thanks for posting that.

But anyway, I don't see how Majora's Mask represents "female parts"? Am I missing something?

Odd, I thought the Stone Tower Theory discussed it. Anyway, I actually found a thread here at ZD that talks about it some.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?7757-Remake-Of-Majora-Male-or-Female

Also, I remember there being a thread at Zeldauniverse that talked about the shape of the mask being a heart, and how it is speculated that the heart shape was originally meant to represent vulva. I'll try digging that up later maybe.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Hmm... I've never paid much attention to the meaning of the spikes, but looking at that picture you're right... it's an interesting theory.

I thought it was more to do with the fact they symbolise Majora is dangerous... I mean, if you look at nature stuff generally has spikes to put off predators by making it look dangerous (possibly indicating Majora's insecure nature, the the childish need to look all tough to hide weakness?)... also, the japanese associate the number 4 with death (since the two words are similar/the same in their language) and if you look, like many things in the game, Majora has 4 spikes on each side too.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
dude majora is female simply becasue of the way she shrieks ALOT as majoras incarnation sheesh listen to the battle next time you play also kinda funneh how it looks more masculine as majoras wrath i guess this mean it a he/she....... it is meantioned in alot of occult books that deamns are genderless and can assume the guise of either gender, remind of any mask known as majora

also it is heart shaped because it feeds of sorrow, despari and destructionw hy else would it want to destry temina other than to break free of its dungeon dimension. the heart shape symbolises the bieng trapped within the mask and it task in possesing the hearts of those inthralled by the sheer power of the creature within the mask, which then proceeds to turn all the emotion in the heart into hate so that it can bend the wearer to majoras will, just look at skull kid he was pissed because his friends abandoned him so he stole form the mask salesman and wore the mask which took him over rather easy i'd imagine not nearly half as much work as other mortal have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom