• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds *MAJOR SPOILERS* What Do You Think About the Ending?

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
[SPOILERS]The End of "A Link Between Worlds"? Thoughts?

Hey all, Dlane_skyward here, and I'm sure most of you may be able to refer to my thread "Aonuma Has Run Out Out of Ideas", where I stated very clearly that I did not like the plot of ALBW, but I think I can put all of that behind me and open up some. I can accept the fact that there may be more than the classic "Ganon kidnaps Zelda - Link get's Master Sword - Link saves Zelda and Hyrule". I believe that it is possible for me to enjoy a game that may be different than what I'm used to or prefer.

ANYWAY....The point I'm getting at here, is don't get on me about "not liking" ALBW.

But, the whole point of this thread, is to ask anyone who has beaten the game to let me in on the end of it. I myself do not know, and it will probably be a while before I can get my own copy of ALBW, so I wanted to know how it ended and what Aonuma meant when he said something about Majora's Mask and it's relation to ALBW. I forget exactly what he said, but if I'm remebering correctly, it had something to do with the end of the game. So, could you guys let me in on the secret? xD

Thanks,
Dlane_skyward

I beat it just yesterday, and the ending has to be one of my favorites but there was no connection to MM in the normal modes end but apparently hero mode has a slightly different ending, but if you want the end here's a video you can skip the final boss fight shown in this video, there are huge spoilers that will effect game experience so you've been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfLgQxWxe0

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I think the ending was actually pretty well done, and, by far, nothing we've seen the likes of in a handheld game so far. Of course, I would've rather seen this game with TP-like graphics and a bigger overworld, but that's just me. The plot has extremely movie-like qualities about it, when you think about it. It actually almost reminds me of TP, where you think, for the entire game, that Zant is the main enemy, until you later find out that Ganondorf is running the show. Except.... Hilda's intentions were slightly better than Ganondorf's.

And I agree with those people who were talking about fighting Hilda. The Yuga fight just seemed like a gimme... it was just toooooo easy and quick (2 stages? C'mon!). I was betting all of my rupees by the end that Hilda would start casting magic at Link. THEN the game ended and I was like ".........Oh."

Don't get me wrong- great game with a great, conclusive ending. I just thought it could've been more finely tuned. (But, I mean, who doesn't love that 3D cutscene at the end?)

Gomp

Love, loving life!
I thought Hilda was the protagonist from the first time I saw her in the trailer..

It just did not make sense that she had the painting of Zelda, any other way..

So when she closed her eyes, I knew she would open them and have the "mean" eyes .. (Somewhat reminds of the DS games, this whole ALBW game..)

Got to say I was kind of disappointed myself though, albeit for different reasons..

Yeah, I agree with you guys,, it would be awesome to finally fight an actual princess after all these years of saving them. But alas, she gets defeated by talk no jutsu.....

We fight Zelda in ST! .. :p

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
One complaint and question actually, did Yuga intend to betray Hilda? Was it their plan the whole time, or was it because they were fused with Ganon, that his more treacherous nature got the better of Yuga.
The complaint is, why is there always an ending with betrayal twists.

I get it they are the bad guys, but I really would have liked the story a little better, if even if Yuga was a completely jerk, and not a good person that they were still just fighting for their home. Even the bad guy can have understandable and amoral goals, they don't always have to be OMG EVIL.

But everything Yuga did seamed to be inline with Hilda's orders, until the end, but only after the fusion did he really go against the plan to save their world, so I'm left wondering, who was it?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I think it would have been cool if we fought her Before Yuganon. I thought i was going to when she did that lil shock wake thing towards you, i was a lil disappointed when she just summoned the beast.

As far as the ending, i was so happy when we seen that ravio was Link, and to me i naturally said to myself, "its dark link". And i knew all along that Ravio was gonna end up being more important than a simple Merchant. I really liked the Ending, and feel that it was left pretty open as far as ways to tie other games into the story. Considering the world and lore of the whole ALttP timeline is all in the same land, or at least within the same world! so.. you know. i think we got something going on here!

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
One complaint and question actually, did Yuga intend to betray Hilda? Was it their plan the whole time, or was it because they were fused with Ganon, that his more treacherous nature got the better of Yuga.
The complaint is, why is there always an ending with betrayal twists.

I get it they are the bad guys, but I really would have liked the story a little better, if even if Yuga was a completely jerk, and not a good person that they were still just fighting for their home. Even the bad guy can have understandable and amoral goals, they don't always have to be OMG EVIL.

But everything Yuga did seamed to be inline with Hilda's orders, until the end, but only after the fusion did he really go against the plan to save their world, so I'm left wondering, who was it?

I think he intended to betray Hilda from the start. When he was talking with Zelda just before he turned her into a painting, he says he wants to create a world more beautiful than Hyrule or any other. This to me sounds like he didn't really care too much for Lorule (except perhaps for Hilda herself) and wanted to make a new world in his own perception of beauty.

However... this raises yet ANOTHER question: If Yuga was planning on betraying Hilda from the beginning, why did he string her along for so long? Was it just to show how much of a manipulative villain he was? Because that doesn't really make sense either. He only had to wait until Link was out of the castle (so that he could go get the other Sages and by extension the Triforce of Courage which was what Yuga was really after) before breaking out of his bonds, imprisoning Hilda, and turning her into a painting and stealing her Triforce. He doesn't seem to have any problem doing so at the end, so why wait for so long?

Ugh, and now I'm back to where I started: me being mad about the ending.

I was just like, yeah, I beat the last boss, the game's over and then he comes back and I was like, oh ****, I have 5 hearts left, how should I beat him. I ended up beating his last form without loosing to many hearts, and once I beat him, I remembered that I had three bottled fairies XD But man that was an amazing boss fight. During playing the game I thought to myself a lot, this just might be better than my all-time favorite (ALttP) and now that I've beaten it (100%) I'm certain, this game is not just number 2 on my list, it's definitely number 1. Nostalgia has been beaten after 2 decades of superiority (is that even a word?). And man the plot twists!
I had been thinking about where the Lorule Link was and then suddenly Ravio unveils his true identity.

One thing I didn't like was Hilda. I liked the plot twist.
I thought she was good and helping me out all the time, then she turns out to back stab me. Then I beat Yuga twice in front of her and she just changes her mind? Yeah I know I kinda defeated her as well during the second part of the battle, and of course Ravio talked to her and that might have been the thing that did it, but I would have loved them to do a little more with it. You know I only just learned she was against me and then 30-45 minutes later she turns good again. So what did you think?

Last edited:

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Hehe.. We did play against a princess! :p She got absobed by the Juga Gannong thing.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom