• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Main Hub in Metroid?

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Now, i love Metroid. I love the whole being alone thing. I just think it would be cool if there was a hub or town in Metroid where you could upgrade your armor or weapons.They kind've did this Metroid prime 3,with samus's ship,but i think it would be cool to have a town or city. do you think it would ruin or degrade the game:shake:,or make it better,:cool:or could you not care less?:xd:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Even though I could care less because I like Metroid the way it is already, I can see that being a good feature to add. Going to her ship and clicking around the screens and upgrading her newly found abilities seems pretty good. But I think I find it more convienent to just upgrade her by the pause menu.

No way. Metroid is about being alone. That's just so much of the experience that it would completely ruin it.

Also, upgrading weapons? The traditional gameplay of Metroid (and I do mean EVERY Metroid game) involves searching for items, defeating bosses with new items, getting a new item from the boss, using that item to get to new areas and get new items, etc. NOT simply buying them from a store. And last but definitely not least, Metroid is not a level-by-level kind of game. It's an open ended adventurer. There are no "levels". You do not boot up a Metroid game and say "I'm going to pick level X because I really liked that boss". Metroid is one continual adventure, with Save Rooms so you can stop playing when you want to.

NO.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No way. Metroid is about being alone. That's just so much of the experience that it would completely ruin it.

Also, upgrading weapons? The traditional gameplay of Metroid (and I do mean EVERY Metroid game) involves searching for items, defeating bosses with new items, getting a new item from the boss, using that item to get to new areas and get new items, etc. NOT simply buying them from a store. And last but definitely not least, Metroid is not a level-by-level kind of game. It's an open ended adventurer. There are no "levels". You do not boot up a Metroid game and say "I'm going to pick level X because I really liked that boss". Metroid is one continual adventure, with Save Rooms so you can stop playing when you want to.

NO.

As I recall, Other M got rid of the whole I'm alone thing and the finding upgrades thing. Also upgrading isn't a bad idea in a game like Metroid. You automatically assumed that there will be no finding weapons. You could be able to find the weapons and get upgrades for the weapons you have available. And where did you get the whole level by level thing from? No one said anything about levels. Even though with a game like Metroid it could probably work. Dude open your mind a little. Resident Evil had the same thing going about being just one giant game and no levels. But Resident Evil 5 said hello. So yeah, things happen. That's like getting upset over Skyward Sword having motion controls because it takes away from what it used to be. It's called being new. IMO Metroid fits to have the level by level thing and the upgrading thing could work. It just depends on how you think of it.

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
As I recall, Other M got rid of the whole I'm alone thing and the finding upgrades thing. Also upgrading isn't a bad idea in a game like Metroid. You automatically assumed that there will be no finding weapons. You could be able to find the weapons and get upgrades for the weapons you have available. And where did you get the whole level by level thing from? No one said anything about levels. Even though with a game like Metroid it could probably work. Dude open your mind a little. Resident Evil had the same thing going about being just one giant game and no levels. But Resident Evil 5 said hello. So yeah, things happen. That's like getting upset over Skyward Sword having motion controls because it takes away from what it used to be. It's called being new. IMO Metroid fits to have the level by level thing and the upgrading thing could work. It just depends on how you think of it.

Other M has to be one of the best Metroid installments so far, and I loved it. I agree that level by level upgrading could be handy, just like in Dragon Age 2.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, the upgrading fits since she is constantly adding new things to the power suit. Why not make her abilities stronger and better. But I think a city is going too far maybe her ship, but who knows? It could work out either way. Also I think levels are a good thing too if the game keeps taking you to new areas instead of one giant place with many little areas which is great too. Just depends on how the game goes. But I do prefer the one giant area thing though.

Last edited:

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
When one thinks back to Metroid Fusion, you had to collect Samus's armor so you could defeat the SA-X parasite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom