• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mailbag Question Submissions

So in 2016, Miyamoto revealed that there were plans for a Sheik spin-off but nothing never came of it. Maybe someday we'll get it, but until then what do you think a Sheik game would be like? Would it be set before the adult portion of Ocarina of Time or after as a follow up? What kind of gameplay would you like? In general, how would you feel about a "Rogue One" kind of game for the series?

Axle the Beast

The Second Coming
Site Staff

Thanks for the questions everyone! I used two from this thread this time around, but honestly all of them were good and it felt bad leaving some of them out. xP Might revisit them in the future though! Keep 'em coming!

Based on what we know, which of these two concepts Nintendo toyed with before settling on what became Breath of the Wild would you think has potential to be an actual game?

Hyrule Wars from The Legend of Zelda. Where Link travels around in a battlefield that had explosions and stuff going on as he runs around? Potentially fighting enemy hordes? Maybe fighting another country and facing humans as opposed to monsters?

or

The Legend of Zelda: Invasion. As the name suggests, Link battles aliens that, from the manga image that was shown of that concept, are some kind of bug with a cthulhu face? Maybe the space ships would have been dungeons?

Axle the Beast

The Second Coming
Site Staff

Thanks for the questions, everyone! Didn't answer as many as I'd have liked since I got caught up in some lengthy answers this time, but I'll ty to get back to some of the good ones if I have a shortage in coming weeks. xP

Try to make them music-oriented for this week at least, because of Zelda Music Week!

Mellow Ezlo

Po-Tay-Toes
What do you think about Breath of the Wild's musical score, and how they favoured subtle, atmospheric tracks over the grand and adventurous tunes we have come to love? This applies particularly to the overworld, where most of the time playing the game is spent. Do you think it fits the game, or would you have preferred to have more memorable background music as you explore the world? It seems to have gotten a mixed response so far, so I am curious as to your thoughts on it.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Axle,

Breath of the Wild’s development heavily focused on breaking the Zelda formula and challenging series conventions. In terms of future Zelda games, would you like BoTW to become a basis for the new “Zelda formula”? Or should Nintendo continue to break conventions further? What did BoTW do right that you wish to see in future Zelda games, and what could you do without?

Last edited:
Not how I expected you to answer my question, but not bad. NEXT QUESTION.

What elements would you like to see in a hypothetical Zelda JRPG? (example elements: character/story/combat/mechanics)

Does Patricia Summersett in Breath of the Wild sound at all like how you'd imagine Princess Zelda to sound?

Also

Regardless of that answer, who would you cast as Princess Zelda if you had a say? You can pick any voice actress you want regardless of union status, from Laura Bailey to Tara Strong, just someone that Nintendo can realistically work with.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I really have three questions. The first is for you to answer after finishing BotW. And the other two I don't know if you should use the mailbag to answer.

1. What is your favorite monster in Breath of the Wild?

2. Would you consider doing an occasional Mailbag on your own channel? Where you veiwers could ask you questions about your thoughts on things: games, fantasy, music anything aslong as they don't get too personal.

3. If so your first question for this Mailbag is: What is your favorite type of monster? What monsters interest you the most?

Do you think Ganon should have henchmen working for him to take down Link? Not just more nameless monsters, but characters who have individual names and looks, the same way how in different incarnations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Shredder has Bebop and Rocksteady working for him? This kind of worked with Volga and Wizzro in Hyrule Warriors, so do you think this idea has merit? Maybe having them act as recurring bosses or mini-bosses, maybe fight in the overworld like the Yiga Clan footsoldiers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom