• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magnetic Gloves

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What did you guys think of the Magnetic Gloves that were found in Oracle of Seasons? I found this to be one of the most confusing items to really figure out how to use once you got it. Sure I realized it was... a magnet, but it just seemed confusing, especially at the parts where you had to use it to traverse over areas that had no ground, so if you fell you went to the beginning of the room.

Also fighting the Magnites was a bit annoying since they flipped on their own.

MagniteRed.png
MagniteBlue.png

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
They were okay, but annoying as hell...
Those little guys... i usually cornered them and spin attacked them, it was easier than attracting them with the gloves

Kybyrian

The Magnetic gloves were confusing. And I hated the Magnites. I wouldn't get it right a lot of the time. :<

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I actually think the Magnetic Gloves were one of the best equips in the games, a really unique item. And I didn't really find them that confusing, it's just two poles... the platforming with the Gloves were kinda mediocre though. When you're over a pit in the GB-games, you can actually hover for short period of time, which was used to turn around and change pole with those spinny thingies in the seventh dungeon, I think. The problem I found was that the hovering was kinda random for me, sometimes I could almost walk the whole way to the other ledge, and other times I just falled. So I died three times on that section. Hate that...

But the gloves have/had some potentional, some of the puzzle elements in the game was great with the magnetic gloves, and I found them really helpful against Darknuts and things like that. I loved them.

Those things that flipped looked linke coins..Bu they were so annoying. I tried to pull them in to hit them, but they shot me, and cos i was pulling them, I couldn't portect myslef, they were impossible to hit.But the gloves themselves were okay, I suppose.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Oh.. and you can pull Dark Nuts and Ball and Chain Soldiers vwoooooooooooooosh xD.. it's awesome xD... They can be a bit confusing, but they rock xD

Master94

...I come back someday.
Confusing? they were simple and easy to use. and those magnet enemies, it's easier to put them to the corner and defeat them. cool item.

T

Typhingblade

U

BEST ITEM EVER!!! cuz they were like Zoom Zip Zwahhhh....

Amelie

Air Dancer
They might have been unique. But I saw my friend playing the game yesterday and they sure looked annoying to use!

The Gloves were annoying. It was sometimes hard to switch the magnetic pull quickly while hovering over big open holes (when pulling yourself to those spinning circle things you have to grab on to). It also annoyed me having to push it to change the pull to get the one I wanted, much like the Rod of Seasons where you had to keep swinging to get the season you wanted.

As for fighting the Magnites, I never did use the Gloves against them. I just jumped at them with the Roc Feather/Cape until they tried to spin around and slashed them with my sword.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I enjoyed them, because they brought an entirely new and unexpected element to the game play. I spent a lot of time experimenting with magnets as a child, so I figured out the rules pretty quickly. I liked the polarity aspect, though I wish I could have set the polarity manually rather than having it automatically reverse whenever I used the gloves.

I enjoyed using them to attract/repel objects and fight enemies. More complicated series of pits that I had to attract/repel myself towards were sometimes frustrating (but not usually). It sort of felt like the Hookshot, only with more possibilities. Quite honestly, I also think a high-powered magnet is more believable than the Hookshot.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought the magnetic gloves were a pretty awesome item, just not used enough through out the series. It would be cool to bring them back, though.
And those magnet enemies, to simple put it: I hated them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom