• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic

Kybyrian

It's the metal inside of the cartridge. If they become messed up in any way it can do something to the game. I know somebody who did that and they couldn't see the master sword. Link still acted like he picked it up and stuff but you just couldn't see it.

In my game I couldn't get the Fire Arrows. Thus making me realize that the Fire Arrows aren't necessary.

Twilight Princess had magic during the beta tests and all of that...But s of late, the only game I can remember that has a magic bar is The Wind Waker. I would also love to see the return of Magic. Maybe Nintendo could make it more detailed, kind of like magic in a Final Fantasy game. I think it would give it more ways to fight, and there could be extra magic powers, so that could open up more side-quests :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Twilight Princess had magic during the beta tests and all of that...But s of late, the only game I can remember that has a magic bar is The Wind Waker. I would also love to see the return of Magic. Maybe Nintendo could make it more detailed, kind of like magic in a Final Fantasy game. I think it would give it more ways to fight, and there could be extra magic powers, so that could open up more side-quests :)

BUMP

i only used the magic meter in WW for one huge purpose besides the arrows.
the magic armor. the magic armor with elixer soup was a very effective way to maintain the double power. and if magic meter runs out, drink green potion quickly.
this combination really helped me alot.

but if had to think of and idea that would make use of magic besides from magic items for attack or for defence, i really want to see magic items/spells that will affect your abbility or gain an abillity, like more speed or that link can actually jump high (without roc 's cape) things like that..

but if had to think of and idea that would make use of magic besides from magic items for attack or for defence, i really want to see magic items/spells that will affect your abbility or gain an abillity, like more speed or that link can actually jump high (without roc 's cape) things like that..
Kind of like attributes? That sounds interesting...Maybe Nintendo could give it a shot, unless they don;t want to take anymore chances with Zelda, like they did with AoL.

M

mike36

Kind of like attributes? That sounds interesting...Maybe Nintendo could give it a shot, unless they don;t want to take anymore chances with Zelda, like they did with AoL.

I would like to see another game similar to AoL. That was one of my favorites in the series. I really liked the RPG elements, and learning the different spells and sword techniques in the towns. I also liked how you had to talk to everyone to figure out what to do next (not like in the recent games where you just ask your fairy or twilight creature).

W

WolfAngel

o yea i know what you mean...the magic was really cool...for me i enjoyed it a lot in OOA and then after that it disappeared...i dont remember the sequence in which the games were made (well i know the diff between really old and really new) but they just stopped it. bummer

P

Punchout

I think the new zelda will incorporate a new magic system. They havent used magic in the more recent games. It was sorta a fluke in my opinion. It ran out so quick and when did you need magic to light a lamp i mean come on.

That wasnt magic, it was a substance called oil. And all but TP used magic...what recent games? TP was the only one.

J

Jirrup

And all but TP used magic...what recent games? TP was the only one.

Actually, PH didn't have magic either. And I don't know if you'd count them as recent, but neither did TMC or FSA.

The Minish Cap had magic....so did FSA Oo. What do you think that bar was for when you charged the sword? plus just because a game doesnt have a magic bar (TMC did tho) doesnt mean there isnt magic. The very first Zelda didnt have a magic bar but used magic on several occasions (magic wand, magic book, magic key, magic shield, magic sword, magic candle, etc).

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
The Minish Cap had magic....so did FSA Oo. What do you think that bar was for when you charged the sword? plus just because a game doesnt have a magic bar (TMC did tho) doesnt mean there isnt magic. The very first Zelda didnt have a magic bar but used magic on several occasions (magic wand, magic book, magic key, magic shield, magic sword, magic candle, etc).

So, in essence, the Dominion Rod was the magic in TP then too, correct? Especially considering that you had to restore its power. If that's the case, then I can't think of a Zelda game that hasn't had any magic (I don't know about PH, haven't played it).

P

Punchout

in LttP it takes magic to light a lantern not tp. I shouldnt have.

I think that in a future game, they should not only reinstate magic, but give an eplanation about its source. It seems like link was able to use magic without training or any explanation on where the magic came from.

The source is the people of hylia. The Hylians are said to wield magic skills. The Gerudo also wield magic skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom