• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What I would really like to see in some of the future Zelda titles, is a return of some magic. It seems, ever since the series went 3d and specifically after the n64 titles, magic has become less and less of a factor within the Zelda series.

Sure, there are the occasional magic based items here and there, but nothing like before. Part of the reason why I loved the older games were because of the magic. In A link to the Past, almost half of Link's inventory was magic based. The three medallions were great, the rods, canes, and even the magic powder. I remember running around the Dark World, springling magic powder on enemies, trying to figure out which ones would transform into slime. :)

Even in Adventure of Link, there were all the different spells. Some of them wouldn't bold well in a top-down or 3d environment, but I still would like to see more of it.

linkman8

True and Noble
I would like to see Link have the ability to shoot fireballs, lightning bolts, and all of those elemental magics in a future game. I know there were those like Din's Fire, but I'm talking about like in Elder Scrolls where you can shoot things like fireballs.

Link used fire in AoL, he used lightning in both AoL and AlttP. If anything, Link should be able to use a magic 'sword' that isnt the master sword for once. For those that have played Crystalis would kn ow that each sword is based on a different element (ice, earth, wind, fire) and could even be upgraded. The sowrd shot beams like in LoZ but much better, esp since you can even power it up and shoot a larger beam. Something like this would be good for the series IMO.

(This isn't exactly relevant to the topic but a part of the last post reminded me of it) I haven't played Twilight Princess, so I don't know if it has this, but I would love to see your sword shoot at enemies when you have full life in a future 3d Zelda game, like it did in Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Zelda 3, and Zelda 4 (when you have enough seashells). I miss that.

(This isn't exactly relevant to the topic but a part of the last post reminded me of it) I haven't played Twilight Princess, so I don't know if it has this, but I would love to see your sword shoot at enemies when you have full life in a future 3d Zelda game, like it did in Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Zelda 3, and Zelda 4 (when you have enough seashells). I miss that.

Yeah and also in Majoras Mask as Fierce Deity, and the Oracles, and The Minish Cap, and Phantom Hourglass. It is called..the beamblade. It was in OoT, but taken out months prior to its release.

M

MiniMeMilo

There's something similar to this in Twilight Princess. It didn't actually shoot a beam, but increased the radius if the spin attack. Remember in OoT and MM, you could upgrade your spin attack where there was a red aura around the blade itself? That's kind of what it was like, except no magic meter and you need full health to pull it off.

M

MiniMeMilo

I take it you didn't get all the hidden skills, did you? Well... dew et.

I take it you didn't get all the hidden skills, did you? Well... dew et.

I have beaten the game on several occasions, you're just speaking of the Great Spin Attack, which has nothing to do with the beamblade. Same goes with OoT.

Kybyrian

Ah yes, I really miss the variety of magic in the Zelda games. I enjoyed using things like Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind in Ocarina of Time. I really loved the way that you had all these different kinds of magic in the earlier LoZ games as well. I found the beam blades really fun to use in the Oracle Games as well.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i really liked din 's fire, but why doesn 't it affect red and blue tektites, that was disspointing. but it was really handy against wallmasters.
the fire arrow only was effective against like like and anubis.
ice arrow was really handy against stalfos and other enemies.

in Alttp the Quake medallion was my fave. that meddalion rules. love the way he downthrust to the ground and causes shockwaves all over the ground.

Kybyrian

Because Red and Blue tektikes were creatures of the water. That's why it didn't affect them. The Ice Arrow was awesome. Freezing enemies was awesome. Then you can either go up and take a whack, or get time to run away.

linkman8

True and Noble
For some reason, my game got screwed up or something and it made it so my OOT game could NOT get the ice arrows... I've gotten the ice arrows in MM, are they essentially the same thing?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
For some reason, my game got screwed up or something and it made it so my OOT game could NOT get the ice arrows... I've gotten the ice arrows in MM, are they essentially the same thing?

in OOt with gerudo training ground, it is possible to gain all keys to open all doors. some keys are well hidden compare to the other keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom