• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Magic Spells in Breath Of The Wild

So do you think we will see any magic spells in the new game? I haven't really seen anything used since the N64 days. Thoughts?

Well if you go back to ocarina of time. Link had the ability to cast spells. Like the fire spell where he was able to light multiple torches in one shot. Sorry if my facts r off. It's been along time since I played that game.

I have my doubts that there will be due to the fact that we've seen items like the fire rod which would make spells like Dins Fire redundant. I imagine there'll be a wide variety of items that negate the use of spells.

If they did appear, my guess would be that there would be spell books as equipable items that can be found around the world that can be used a limited amount of times.
The spell book idea would be a pretty cool! Here's hoping!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
While I would like to see spells return in newer Zelda games, something gives me the feeling it's not going to happen. Considering we haven't seen anything hinting towards the use of magic in trailers or screenshots or anything, it just doesn't seem like there will be magic in the game. So it would be cool, and I'd love to see magic spells return, but I don't think it's gonna happen in BotW.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it would be fun to see spells return in the series. But lately it seems like they have been moving away from magic in the series in the last few games.

But I recall seeing an interview where they claimed the ocarina songs were added in place of spells just to have something different for a magic system since magic systems were too common. It would be interesting to see if they can implement something to work as a magic system in the game like this.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I dont. I once made a thread suggesting that magic items could replace physical ones, but this is what appears to be happening anyway with the runes. I think anything resembling a spell will be because of a runes you collect.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
No I dont. I once made a thread suggesting that magic items could replace physical ones, but this is what appears to be happening anyway with the runes. I think anything resembling a spell will be because of a runes you collect.
Exactly this.
Criosis, for example, already has plenty of magical properties, considering that it can form ice blocks.

There will also be magical items as well, but tied to a different system. You have the Fire Rod, Fire and Ice arrows, and I am sure that we have not even scratched the surface of what items could be uncovered.

Reactions: Dio
BoTW's theme seems to be technology vs nature, so while I do think magical and mystical things will exist, spells will most likely be through runes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It doesn't seem like there would be magic, the runes are pretty close to it as it is. It seems like any magic in this game is a synthesis of magic and technology, like what you see in the shrines. I dont think we'll be seeing pure magic on its own, unless Calamity Ganon can do some spooky witchcraft to try and kill you with magic laser tennis, as per the usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom