• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Power

Your opinion on Magic power in the Zelda series

• Don't bring magic back.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring it back, but only for the use of magic weapons and items.

• Bring it back for everything, spells too (Din's fire etc)

• Total voters

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't know why Nintendo removed Magic from the game. It's been there for so long and been a main part of it so I think they should bring magic back. What is your opinion on this?

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
I agree, there were some items that could come into realisation with the Magic meter such as the lens of truth. I think there was originally a magic meter in TP, but it was taken out. Nevertheless, we need it back asap :3

Definitely bring it back. That's what partly made Ocarina of Time so great. Instead of just regular items and swordplay, which were great don't get me wrong, the magic spells and mana system offered a new layer of strategy not present in other Zelda titles.

I didn't use magic (other than the arrows) very much when there was magic... however I think that it would be nice to bring back some magic into the game... (saying that they haven't done it in a while for a new game)... :P

I want magic back too. Loved the idea that you needed it to operate certain items, like arrows and stuff.

Please bring it back Nintendo!

magic did add something to the game but usually it was never too hard to keep meter full so it really isnt that necessary. If they did bring it back they should turn to ALTTP. Best game with magic meter

They probably took out magic to make your attacks less cheap. However, without the magic bar, the magic items you get are useless. The dominion rod and gale boomer rang can't kill anything so they're useless later in the game. The magic bar gives you ultimate power but with a limit and that's what makes the game more fun. I do hope they bring it back

Magic definitely has a place in Zelda titles, but I could really do without a meter. Keeping a magic meter up feels more like a chore than anything else.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd like to see magic return, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Magic Arrows along with it, but I'd prefer it to be more like it was in Zelda II or like it is in The Elder Scrolls where it's actual spells that are used. I like that magic a lot more, as it's much more practical to use and isn't highly limited in its use.

I don't know why Nintendo removed Magic from the game. It's been there for so long and been a main part of it so I think they should bring magic back. What is your opinion on this?

Honestly, I'm kinda glad they did. It was a nice breathe of fresh air from it, as it was starting to become a bit stale. There were times in WW that it almost felt forced. I do want it back, but the break from it wasn't necessarily a bad thing if you ask me. Plus, it's not like only the recent games haven't had it. Yes, it's been this way for a stretch of games lately, but LA and the Oracle games didn't have it, either. Those games did pretty well if you ask me.

Also, it was really only a major part of the series in Zelda II and ALttP. It was just kinda there in the other games it was in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom