• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Magic bean merchant is racist

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
Why does the magic bean merchant care whether or not I know how to use magic beans?

Doesn't he want my money? And he doesn't serve Hylians either, but that's no big deal cause I got a mask.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
Why does the magic bean merchant care whether or not I know how to use magic beans?

Doesn't he want my money? And he doesn't serve Hylians either, but that's no big deal cause I got a mask.
What do you expect? This is coming from a white fat guy who eats his own merchandise.
Sorry, that was a terrible joke.
In all seriousness though, if you think the Bean Merchant is bad, talk to the Deku Scrubs, they only do business with certain species.

Reiquel

What do you expect? This is coming from a white fat guy who eats his own merchandise.
Sorry, that was a terrible joke.
In all seriousness though, if you think the Bean Merchant is bad, talk to the Deku Scrubs, they only do business with certain species.

Well the only white things here are Tatl and Link's eyeballs.

Last edited:

Reiquel

To clarify, I'm talking about the merchant on the deck of the Swamp Tourist Center.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
I'm pretty sure the one in the cave next to the Deku Palace is also racist. Actually, I think everyone in that game is racist. The only exception is Anju, and that's only in the N64 version.

Reiquel

I'm pretty sure the one in the cave next to the Deku Palace is also racist. Actually, I think everyone in that game is racist. The only exception is Anju, and that's only in the N64 version.
Well that would include Link too and I don't wanna play as someone racist. It's not a good example in a game rated E.

Except pig people after the triforce and like.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Well that would include Link too and I don't wanna play as someone racist. It's not a good example in a game rated E.

Except pig people after the triforce and like.
I mean, now that I think about it, The Bomber Gang isn't racist. They were just being cautious, cuz of the Skullkid. Maybe it was the Skullkid that turned everybody racist.

Goddess Athenaeum

My real name is Athena
I actually thought it was interesting how Majora's Mask kind of played at different assumptions certain characters had of other races. I'm not sure if everyone playing picks up on it, but I think it's a great way to teach a lesson about preconceived notions people have of other groups.

Reiquel

You know what's a good assumption though? When Tatl said she's sure that the reason no one wants to play with Skull Kid is because he's always playing tricks. What a jerk, going around dropping boulders in the way of hardworking people just trying to feed their families.

Daku Rinku

On Break (Will Not Be Online for Now)
ZD Champion
You know what's a good assumption though? When Tatl said she's sure that the reason no one wants to play with Skull Kid is because he's always playing tricks. What a jerk, going around dropping boulders in the way of hardworking people just trying to feed their families.
And to drop boulders not being a Goron, how geologically obscene!

Reiquel

You know what other businessperson really grinds my gears? The hag at the magic potions shop. If I want to put the potion in my shoes that's my decision.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The pinnacle of racism in that game is actually the Treasure Chest minigame, as she charges a different price depending on which transformation Link is currently in. I believe Gorons have the highest fee while Zoras have the lowest, which demonstrates a clear racial preference on the part of the shopkeeper. But at the same time, the Goron also gets the best prize while the Zora arguably gets the worst.

Then there are indeed the regional business scrubs, who refuse to do business with anyone except the dominant race in each region, even if you transform right in front of their faces.

But, of course, the most racist character in the game is that damn dog in South Clock Town that hates Deku Scrubs, fears Gorons, feels neutrally about Hylians, and adores Zoras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom