• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MAFIA XIV: Resident Evil 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Fair enough.

Then I think we need to see the other side of this as well. Zenox, do you have support for yourself?

EBWODP

I'd like to point out that since it's likely there is 3rd party, Wyatt could just as easily be 3rd party as he could town. Just because he led the first 2 mafia takedowns doesn't mean he's not 3rd party.

Last edited:

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I'm just not sure of who to vote for...
As people have stated, Darknut_Hunter is a pretty good thought for being scum.
HOWEVER, I need a bit more evidence before I do a vote for him
FOS: Darknut_Hunter

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Inactives who shadow-lurk aren't at all that suspicious, because they are simply as I described them: inactive. I could choose from any member on the inactives list who haven't been on in forever. Axle, for example, only started up Today and hasn't said much, but I don't see anyone targeting him. Same for Kybyrian, who I've noticed hasn't replied in some time. So...

Other than that, how is Darknut_Hunter a liable suspect?

Mido

Version 1
Fair enough.

Then I think we need to see the other side of this as well. Zenox, do you have support for yourself?

EBWODP

I'd like to point out that since it's likely there is 3rd party, Wyatt could just as easily be 3rd party as he could town. Just because he led the first 2 mafia takedowns doesn't mean he's not 3rd party.

I guess you're probably right on that account, but he's definitely playing pro-town at the moment, third party or not.

Thareous said:
Inactives who shadow-lurk aren't at all that suspicious, because they are simply as I described them: inactive. I could choose from any member on the inactives list who haven't been on in forever. Axle, for example, only started up Today and hasn't said much, but I don't see anyone targeting him. Same for Kybyrian, who I've noticed hasn't replied in some time.

Pursuing inactives is definitely a viable strategy. Such was the case in FMA mafia. The last two scum were inactives later replaced by Lord Death and Atticus. It turned out both Lord Death and Atticus were mafia.

The reason we opted to examine, DH, Thareous was because the last game where he was mafia, he lurked a lot and posted pro-town. No one suspected him. This was a necessary investigation. While he doesn't appear suspicious, it's best to keep an eye on him.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Pursuing inactives is definitely a viable strategy. Such was the case in FMA mafia. The last two scum were inactives later replaced by Lord Death and Atticus. It turned out both Lord Death and Atticus were mafia.

The reason we opted to examine, DH, Thareous was because the last game where he was mafia, he lurked a lot and posted pro-town. No one suspected him. This was a necessary investigation. While he doesn't appear suspicious, it's best to keep an eye on him.

I have to agree with ALIT here and, while nobody wants to become a target, I figured with me not coming in as often as I wanted and should have I would have been noticed by someone else, so I can't see any problems there.

Personally I'd like to pursue Rishian because of a couple things. For starters this...

VOTE: Rishan
Is this a random vote, or are you actually thinking I am scum? I would just like to know.
Also, I know it's really tough to decide day one who might be scum and who might not be. But we need to look over who is voting for you, and why they are voting as such.

Seems a bit over reactive, especially if observed in context (yes you all know what those little arrows next the quotee's post mean....go yonder and follow the link). It's quite clear that Mido's vote was random. It was one of his first posts in the thread during a fairly erratic RVS. Rishian's questioning seems to be a bit over the top as a response to something that was nothing more than a little RV.

Exhibit B: We have this...

QUOTE=Mido;644101]So my question for the audience is this... Why did so many people pile onto Lord Death right off the bat? Could this be Scum behaviour, in attempting to drive the rest of us to vote along with them to get rid of a townie? Just a thought that crossed my mind

While it is a very accurate assessment of the situation, Rishian is also one of the very few posters that was actually defending the late Lord Death. Or course Furie was another who ultimately turned out to be scum.

This isn't a ton to go off of but I also noticed ALIT's comment here

After looking through the last day, I'm almost 100% certain Austin and Wyatt are townies.

Furie cast an early finger of suspicion on Austin. Her haphazard tactics prompted Wyatt (Kybyrian) to lead the charge for her lynch.

I'm suspicious of the people who voted for Wyatt namely Thareous, Lord Death, Rishian, and Raindrop. I'm most suspicious of Thar and Lord Death. Lord Death panicked and spouted on and on. Thareous stepped in to defend him voting for Zenox (Jarl Ballin)..

Of the others mentioned on here, two are dead. That leaves us Thar and Rishian. While I do have to say I'm not entirely sure about Thar, I'm much more suspicious of Rishian, who hasn't been extremely active even though he came in earlier on in the game. I may not be the best person to make that statement, but I personally think that if you add that to the other previous statements, he does give off a scum vibe.

Rishian, if I could get a defense on this, I'd like one please.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I'm not sure Rishian is scum.

After observing his posts in this game and Axle's Beginner's Mafia, I'm more inclined to say that's his meta-he's very suspicious of anyone who votes for him and accuses them immediately.

I am usually quite suspicious of people who think of me, BECAUSE they think of me. Usually my play style is what gets me into trouble the most, but that is usually followed by me being right.

As for not being as active as a few people here, I work 2 jobs and go to school, so generally speaking I am only on once a day, (maybe twice!) and on weekends only if I am lucky. So yes, I am less active, but anyone who actually knows me can tell you that I am as active as I can be with the life I have.

So yah, thats 'bout it

Kirino

Tatakae
What has me thinking about Rishian is his huge overeaction, which I found suspicious enough to vote him for after doing it. He's really the only one I find scummy, although I'm wary of DH as well. For now:

Vote: Rishian

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
VOTE TALLY:

Darknut_Hunter (2)-Pendio, Hero of Time,
Mido (1)-Zenox,
Rishian (1)-Dracomajora
Day ends February 21st, 2013. With 16 alive, it takes 9 for a majority.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
What has me thinking about Rishian is his huge overeaction, which I found suspicious enough to vote him for after doing it. He's really the only one I find scummy, although I'm wary of DH as well. For now:

Vote: Rishian

If you were to ask me, I'd say that this seems like Rishian's typical response to anything. He uses a lot of emphasis to mark places where there's a big turnaround in his logic. I've seen it happen in pretty much all of his posts. Given that, I wouldn't particularly call it "overreaction", because that's how he generally is. There are such things as theatricality and deception (Batman Begins anyone?) in this game, yet his meta is consistent enough for me to not consider those.

Kirino

Tatakae
If you were to ask me, I'd say that this seems like Rishian's typical response to anything. He uses a lot of emphasis to mark places where there's a big turnaround in his logic. I've seen it happen in pretty much all of his posts. Given that, I wouldn't particularly call it "overreaction", because that's how he generally is. There are such things as theatricality and deception (Batman Begins anyone?) in this game, yet his meta is consistent enough for me to not consider those.

I don't think I've been in any games with Rishian.

What games were you in with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom