• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MAFIA XIV: Resident Evil 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So wait...how did GWAF die? Was it because her character couldn't die until Lord Death was killed?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
It's likely that occurred. In Resident Evil 4, Leon S. Kennedy is tasked with protecting Ashley, the president's daughter. Since she perished, he failed his mission.

Somewhat hard to believe that Leon was the Godfather, since [as far as I know] he has always been a protagonist in the Resident Evil series. But at the same time, it makes sense to me... >_>

Arrrgh, sorry for not posting. I'll try to post tonight or tomorrow if I can.

Somewhat hard to believe that Leon was the Godfather, since [as far as I know] he has always been a protagonist in the Resident Evil series. But at the same time, it makes sense to me... >_>
It's been common in a number of recent Mafia games to make the evil side the "Town" and the good side the "Mafia". In Castlevania Mafia, the Town was Dracula and all of his monsters, while in Batman Mafia, the Town was the villains of the series. It's something people have done before.

Out of curiosity, do you just think it's odd, or did you just not know that the goodguys were the Mafia? If the latter... how could that be?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Out of curiosity, do you just think it's odd, or did you just not know that the goodguys were the Mafia? If the latter... how could that be?

I had no idea that Mafia would turn out to be the telltale good characters of this game, but then I've never played Resident Evil 4, and know relatively nothing about it other than what my role included. And yeah, this is my first game where villains are actually Town, so it automatically counts as odd to me. I can't outright divulge how I didn't know of this nontraditional transition, yet I can say it makes sense with the information I was given. And you'll find out what that means by the game's end.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
-Soldier's Log: Entry #5-

Patrols. Again. Why!? I've seen more attempted murders so far. When I was walking. One man had attempted to kill someone. But no matter what the first dude did, the victim seemed completley immune to everything that happened.
I then saw someone use some type of weapon. It looked pretty big, and seemed to fire lasers. This person shot the weapon at someone multiple times; using a supercharged laser. "Nice one," said the (victim?). This person then threw a Flash grenade, and disappeared.
The last one however, was a successful murder. I heard screaming coming from one of the houses. I ran over to where the voice was coming from. I located the house and broke the door down. One person, who seemed to be completley silent and hidden by the darkness of the night, used some type of martial arts attack, and killed the victim. The killer then saw me, and attempted to take my own life [The part where I'm hunted didn't happen. It's just for story stuff]. I barely escaped him.
When day arrived, we investigated who it was. It turned out to be Raindrop 14. When we had investigated, we found out the horrifying truth; that Raindrop was Ramon Salazar: The Town Cop. We knew that there would be time for mourning later, after we hunt down our opressors.

DAY 3 BEGINS!

The Dead:
Furie-Mike: Backup Godfather and Strongman
Lord Death- Ashley: Unlynchee
GWAF- Leon S. Kennedy: Godfather: Unlyncher, Lynchee

Raindrop14- Ramon Salazar: Town Cop

The Living:
1) TheMasterSword
2) Keeseman
3) Thareous
4) Mido
5) Furie
6) Lord Death
7) DracoMajora
8) Hero of Time
9) Kybyrian
10) ALIT
11) Pendio
12) Axle
13) Josh
14) Zenox
15) Austin
16) GWAF
17) Darknut Hunter
18) Raindrop 14
19) Rachel
20) Rishian

Day ends February 21st, 2013. With 16 alive, it takes 9 for a majority vote.

Kirino

Tatakae
There has been so many failed nightkills as of late.

Patrols. Again. Why!? I've seen more attempted murders so far. When I was walking. One man had attempted to kill someone. But no matter what the first dude did, the victim seemed completley immune to everything that happened.

Obviously nightkill immune.

I then saw someone use some type of weapon. It looked pretty big, and seemed to fire lasers. This person shot the weapon at someone multiple times; using a supercharged laser. "Nice one," said the (victim?). This person then threw a Flash grenade, and disappeared.

Seems like it could be either nightkill immune or roleblocked, but most likely roleblocked. Does anyone remember a RE4 character that uses a supercharged laser?

The last one however, was a successful murder. I heard screaming coming from one of the houses. I ran over to where the voice was coming from. I located the house and broke the door down. One person, who seemed to be completley silent and hidden by the darkness of the night, used some type of martial arts attack, and killed the victim. The killer then saw me, and attempted to take my own life [The part where I'm hunted didn't happen. It's just for story stuff]. I barely escaped him.

I don't remember any RE4 characters that use martial arts. Maybe Krauser or Wesker?

We obviously have three killing roles; Mafia, Vig, and Third-Party, probably. No idea why Raindrop was targeted, or by whom for that matter.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
EBWODP: The claim (if you can call it that) by Rainy was kinda dumb. I didn't believe she was scum; I've seen her play scum, and she would never make a dumb claim like that if she was.

So, I don't know what to go off of here. She made a dumb claim, and the Mafia or SK picked her off.

Also, I think our vig got an immune, probably GF or SK. Let's see how this plays out.

EBWODP2: ARRRGGHH Draco you ninja...

EBWODP3: WTF IS WITH THIS. WHY THE DOUBLE EBWODP1... WHY

EBWODP4: nevermind the previous statement. Keeseman has just lost his mind. Continue on with your business.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. School's been really hectic and stuff so I've been doing my best to get on when I can.

Anyway, looks like we've got some nice scum down, but that cop kill is a nasty cut to the town. I doubt the mafia knew she was cop, but did know she was not mafia, though that wouldn't make much sense because they could just get town to vote her if they wanted I suppose. I'm gonna have to read through some of these posts to get a better feel of the situation.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Sooo, with 20 players I hypothesize that there were 5 Mafia members, whose numbers have now been reduced to 1 or 2. We'll have to keep an eye out for those who were affiliated with the three scumbags who have been taken down already.

Very interesting Night scenes. Seems that whoever the person is that was targeted twice just won't go down. I'm guessing they might have a nightkill role, as DracoMajora posited.

Stinks that our Cop had to die. Either Rainy somehow became a Mafia suspect and was eliminated by one of the remaining scums, or a Vigilante or Serial Killer took her out by accident. Possibly another way we can make a connection.

Fair enough. You can bet I'll be contrasting that to things you say in the future, though. ;)

Wouldn't doubt it. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom