• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Legend of Korra Book Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I really really really really don’t see mafia shooting giri. I didn’t read flavor all that closely though
I'm not imagining it going that way, Giri could have been an easy mislynch target so I doubt he was the scum nightkill.
Why not? He and Deku were both tied as second options, what makes Giri more likely to get vigid than Deku?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I feel like we're kinda doing this backwards, we should be trying to find the vigi via D1 interactions, not who was the scumkill
scum could've just rolled a die and killed anyone, but a vigi will always shoot who they think it's most suspicious

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Why couldn’t they claim?
Rethinking this, assuming there will be 2 nightkills again, maybe odds are better for the cop to claim rather than potentially dying silently? We're also guarenteed they survive the night if we have a doctor, and that the Mafia doesn't have a strongman or anything.

The safest play would be for every player to give out a read list today, they don't even have to be ones we elaborate on, just some reads so that the real cop can make a reads list to plant their check into.

Vote Count 2.1:

Mellow Ezlo - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (funnier6)

Not Voting - All Might, ExLight, Johnny Sooshi, LittleGumball, Mellow Ezlo, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Storm

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. Day 2 ends on Thursday, November 21st at 7 PM EST.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
A pair of star-crossed lovers lost their lives as Doc and his heartbroken companion, DekuNut, who could not carry on without him, succumbed to the forces of the Earth Empire. They had both been geniuses. Varrick and Zhu Li had previously worked hard to restore their good names after some shady business dealings a few years back and had parted ways with the Earth Empire before.

Giri was yet another casualty of the night. It seemed the remaining forces would need to seek victory without Avatar Korra at their side. Her return had been for naught.
@ExLight, first, from the death post it seems Doc was Nightkilled, and Deku only died because they were lovers. I didn't get into The Legend of Korra, but I'm assuming the Earth Empire are the villians? In that case, the Mafia nightkilled Doc, the vig shot Giri, because I'm sure if the Mafia killed Giri, who was Korra, there would be relevant flavor text to be written aside from just a simple "Korra died, her return was for nought" with no implication of who was behind the kill.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
@ExLight, first, from the death post it seems Doc was Nightkilled, and Deku only died because they were lovers. I didn't get into The Legend of Korra, but I'm assuming the Earth Empire are the villians? In that case, the Mafia nightkilled Doc, the vig shot Giri, because I'm sure if the Mafia killed Giri, who was Korra, there would be relevant flavor text to be written aside from just a simple "Korra died, her return was for nought" with no implication of who was behind the kill.
Are we going to take death flavor as literal? Does ALIT usually heavily hint the events of the night in their flavors?
I'm in favor of flavor solving when it comes to roles, not for the night events, that's sounds kinda arbitrary and could mislead us really heavily.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think my order of least to most is like

LG
Ex
All Might
Tristan
Johnny

I think this is a pretty good ranking. I'd personally switch Mez and Johnny, but I'm find with lynching either today. And Ex and All Might are maybe about the same ranking to me right now. Both are making me a bit paranoid. All Might from what I said before about the softing and his answer to the role question. And Ex for what you said about not being in the spotlight.

Why couldn’t they claim?

mans didn’t you say yesterday Tristan was making you mad and so he was town? It was that just me

I said he wasn't making me mad so he's probably scum. We kinda read him the same way but differently. Because usually when I'm disagreeing with him he's town. And when I'm agreeing with him he's scum.

Oh so you do get it! : D

Okay, ya I thought that's what you were getting at. If it helps you any (though I know you already don't trust me), there's a reason that line of thought came to me fairly quick.

I feel like we're kinda doing this backwards, we should be trying to find the vigi via D1 interactions, not who was the scumkill
scum could've just rolled a die and killed anyone, but a vigi will always shoot who they think it's most suspicious

Uh, we shouldn't really be trying to find the vig at all. We should be trying to find scum.

@funnier6 does this post give you scum Ex vibes?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Are we going to take death flavor as literal? Does ALIT usually heavily hint the events of the night in their flavors?
I'm in favor of flavor solving when it comes to roles, not for the night events, that's sounds kinda arbitrary and could mislead us really heavily.

Yeah, the flavor pretty much says Doc was the target and Deku died because of the lovers thing. Night scene flavor isn't really misleading on zd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom