• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Sun Fan Kaleficent tagged everyone asking us to claim our colors saying they could probably solve the game and now you say flavor won't help us solve the game and it looks like you are saying flavor won't help us solve the game. In the last MTG game I played town solved the game.

@The Sun Fan Kaleficent tagged everyone asking us to claim our colors saying they could probably solve the game and now you say flavor won't help us solve the game and it looks like you are saying flavor won't help us solve the game. In the last MTG game I played town solved the game.
flavor will solve this game

I am against this because its not fun or competitive

I have no doubt that flavor would solve this game, or at least heavily assist in solving it

I don't like this because its not sportsmanlike

therefore, I will not tell you what color(s) I have

I do know what colors my character has.

he did so very early on the 2nd day
what was his plan if he got countered?
At that point, the scumteam was three strong and Town was potentially down its investigative PR. Losing one scum to either take out the Cop if there was another one or gain gamelong towncred is not an unreasonable risk.

At that point, the scumteam was three strong and Town was potentially down its investigative PR. Losing one scum to either take out the Cop if there was another one or gain gamelong towncred is not an unreasonable risk.

I don't disagree but I suspect SMS might.
I don't think that the Jack of All Trades feel very much like town's only investigative role, and if I were mafia, I'd be quite scared that there were more, especially considering its basically criminal for there not to be a full investigative role on ZD

I don't disagree but I suspect SMS might.
I don't think that the Jack of All Trades feel very much like town's only investigative role, and if I were mafia, I'd be quite scared that there were more, especially considering its basically criminal for there not to be a full investigative role on ZD
I think, considering the roles that have flipped (JOAT, Jailer) and that we have a town-aligned killing role (SK/Vig), giving the Town a dedicated Cop would have made this setup too Town-sided, even with no name or role claiming as a rule.

For all we know, there could be a Cop, but they're a scum Cop.

I think, considering the roles that have flipped (JOAT, Jailer) and that we have a town-aligned killing role (SK/Vig), giving the Town a dedicated Cop would have made this setup too Town-sided, even with no name or role claiming as a rule.

For all we know, there could be a Cop, but they're a scum Cop.

Setups on ZeldaDungeon do not have a reputation of being balanced. Its already quite rare for there to be multiple Vanilla Town roles on ZD, though they are perhaps becoming more frequent. Again, I agree with you that this is likely townsided.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Unvote

Is anyone else willing to confirm that ZD setups are usually weighted towards Town?
that’s debatable, depends on the host

but last games deku hosted were decently townsided; although this is wifom because it can be taken as tipping the scale to make this one a bit more scumsided

and when they say like townsided it’s not busted townsided like your forum’s cop that masons green checks

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I don’t think a Cop would be unlikely in this setup. And even if it was, it’s usually a super risky fakeclaim unless scum got some beforehanded (which is also unlikely since if that was the case roleclaims would prolly be allowed lol).

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I think we can tell for sure Kale isn’t scum because moe made it possible for an alternate wagon to form around her, which doesn’t seem like something he’d do based on his meta of not bussing scumbuds (although I’m not sure how strictly he follows that).

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
If we go with the theory earlier that JOAT was supposed to be the Town Cop/Doc/Block in one, we had a Cop that died N1. In a game this small, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for there to not be another Cop. At the very least, I doubt we have a Doc considering the lack of blocked kills so far at a rate of two kills per night.

It's also really easy for scum to claim Cop in a no-cop setup.
JOAT are usually one shot of each, so that’s hardly comparable to a dead cop N1.

I think we can tell for sure Kale isn’t scum because moe made it possible for an alternate wagon to form around her, which doesn’t seem like something he’d do based on his meta of not bussing scumbuds (although I’m not sure how strictly he follows that).
he follows it extremely strictly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom