• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
*headdesk headdesk headdesk*

Why has this whole game just turned into a big ol' dramatic mess? With the elimination of both the Godmother and Cop that just takes out a lot of the fun >_>

Though in retrospect, Jo being the Godmother isn't surprising in the least. And yes, this does change the nature of the evidence against Zack quite a bit. So for now, unvote Zack125

Too much headdache, can't even be bothered to be random right now...

Oh wow..... talk about a game ruiner....

Well uh, guess our suspicions about Jo were 100% true. I.... really have nowhere to go now.....

Guess I'll harp on Hero of Time for a bit more, but honestly, the guy has kept pretty quiet in the last few days.

In Mafia 2, Atsuma defended himself by blaming everybody else and he turned out to be a mafia member. In this mafia game, Jo almost did the same thing by putting a lot of pressure on me and she turned out to be the godmother. I'm going to keep this in mind for future games.

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
Uh...so do I have to unvote Jo even though she's dead now? D=

Now I don't understand even more...Why can't this just be fun? It's like...like...cheating in CandyLand! It just takes all the fun out of it. And it makes my head hurt more since I thought I was finally beginning to understand what was on. :kawaii:

I feel so confuzzled.

Austin

Austin
Tally:

Hero of Time
- 1 (Jetter)
zack125 - 3 (Din Akera, Master Link, TheGreen)

No Vote Cast:
KrazyKyuubi
Icetomeetyou
zack125
Ver-go-a-go-go
link to present
green goron
Dracomajora
Chise
Xinnamin
Hanyou
Hero of Time
Durion

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Okay. We've lost a cop, but there's still one out there.
I think that an intense re-evaluation is in order. I still stick to my guns, except for the one pointed and Zack125, but don't think you're off of oven yet. You may have just leapt out of the pot and into the pan. And I like fried things better anyway. I'll try to do an analysis before the day is up, but I can't be sure that I'll have time. For now

Unvote: Zack125

but I still find his behavior highly suspicious.

Also, good call by ...um who was it?
Durion!

Earned some townie points, but then again you may have just seen the ship sinking and gotten the hell onto another ship. So ya.

Also I've just read that the day is like over now. Well. I have no vote, but I don't have time to research so it'll have to wait 'til another day. :/

EBWODP
I recognize the fact that unless someone else unvotes Zack125 in the next few minute he's still on the chopping block. I guess I'll find out if I'm happy about that after the lynching.

Austin

Austin
I recognize the fact that unless someone else unvotes Zack125 in the next few minute he's still on the chopping block. I guess I'll find out if I'm happy about that after the lynching.
The day has been extended until midnight tomorrow, so you have another 24 hours to make your decision. ;)

Well, I'm really not surprised that Jo flipped to be the Godfather, or Godmother seeing as she's a woman. And TheGreen, although I never voiced my opinion, I got suspicious around day 2 about Jo ;) I just didn't want to lead an attack at a time where I thought I'd be overthrown and possibly killed myself, so it was a waiting game until a few others started to get angry or suspicious of her, then I could lead the attack in the hopes that this would maximize the amount of votes possible. I'm still quite annoyed all my hard work has gone to waste though. D=<

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make an analysis by the end of the night, but whilst I was forming that second post, I noticed that Xinnamin seems to agree with Jo throughout the majority of the game in terms of votes and such, and in Jo's battle against Zack, Xinnamin took Jo's side even though as I said in my last post, the evidence against Zack's name was ridiculously weak, yet she managed to manipulate everyone into believing it. So as it stands, I'm going to...

Vote: Xinnamin

So to say that I'm only voting this as I don't actually have enough time to make a full on analysis, so from what I learnt whilst trying to stop this attack on Zack, I'll base my vote on that.

TheGreen

[...]Be active. Its ok. And don't be afraid to vote. Not lynching is really giving free nights to the mafia, and that's a scary thought.

One difference between saying "I have my suspicions" about you and "I think youre scum" is that it raises the level of urgency that the person must acknowledge your post. "Oh your suspicious but you aren't really serious about getting rid of me" is far different from "CRAP! They're trying to kill me, I had better get my defense on" This is what I tried to advocate in the last game where people were scared to vote, everyone was so cautious in avoiding a wrong move that it definitely worked against the townies.
Clearly, Jo was misleading us... :

I disagree with the RVS. There is always a chance that you will loose someone important, so why take the risk?
That's exactly what they wanted you to think!!?!!?11!

Okay so I think that Jo was trying to use the mafiascum website to persuade us to vote, but it never really had any effect as we've had a lot of non-game deaths and some of us were trying to lynch her :/
To reiterate, I think voting No Lynch is A VERY BAD IDEA.

And Elfen was innocent... Scumtell much?

For the first day I see a lot of good discussion going on. I would like just as much of the rest of you to see a mafia go down. And it would be great if we could nail one on the first turn.

IGMEOY – theskywardsword
Posts like these contribute to the fact that she was trying to get us confused with each other and it's hard to say if she was trying to add to the confusion with her igmeoy or actually trying to get a lynch going.

Chill Out, Relax and it will all be good.
You'd like that wouldn't you >_>

It would be harmful to allow a person to die with only one or two votes against them. Thats leaving too much power in the hands of too few. I'd be wary of this happening, as no good could come of it.

I think we need to begin to make our final statements for the day, then start the voting process. That is if we would like to systematically end this day without a false sense of urgency.
and then this:
Well we just cant -not- lynch... That'd give the mafia a free kill. Granted after the mafia attack maybe we'll have a better idea of who to target.
So she was clearly under the delusion that lynching would always go in her favor, but that's not the case.

Yes Awesome seems suspicious, but something tells me he's an overzealous town member. Its hard to be sure. I just get the townie vibe from him.

Instead of lynching a likely innocent I think it would be best to let night go through its phase and continue our investigation when we have a little more information to go off of. However I leave the choice up to you.
She's playing really smart in this post. She's gonna come out of this lynch clean. It was sort of a subconscious thing for me, but it worked. :(

After the first night, THP (a cop) would've known something. Maybe about Kyby (who was dead then) and maybe about someone else.
I have to say, that it was pretty smart to get rid of Kyby first. He is a very skilled mafia player, and he would tend to get in the way. But why did he have to die young?!D:

And PJ, there was only one kill by the mafia? No serial killer or vigilante? (Mafia or Townie Role blocker: Either should be blessed or curse, depending who they want to role block. Vigilante: Inactive? Or maybe got roleblocked... Serial Killer: Inactive or roleblocked)

Ok, I'm not saying that everyone who voted for Awesome is scum, but there's a chance that they might of known something.

The loss of Awsome is very unfortunate.Even more unfortunate that we lost a Mason.If you read this post:#226 ,then you'll se my suspiciouns of HoT.Now that Awsome has been confirmed as townie,my suspiciouns are hightened.In that post I stated that HoT immediatly changed his vote to Awsome with little evidince,because everyone else was doing it.I said that he did this because he probably found a chance to lynch an innocent townie.And we now know that thats exactly what Awsome was.Since awsome was a Townie,my hypothisis is that HoT is Mafia who voted no lynch to fit in with the crowd.Then when people started voting for Awsome,he seized the opprotunity to lynch an innocent townie,and voted for Awsome with little evidence to get him lynched,and Awsome was a townie,which he would obviously know if he is scum.

Now it may seem like i'm trying a little hard to lynch HoT,but I really just want to lynch some scum,so things don't end the way they did in Guild Ward,and Mafia 2.Also,I would like to hear your defense,HoT

I'm not trying to defend and such, but seeing that he already participated in Guild Wars, I think that he would've picked up something from that experience. (I picked up a lot of things from Round 1, and I lasted much longer in Round 2) Of course, trying to vote for the person with the most votes is a common mafia tactic. I can see where you're going, Draco, but seeing that HoT probably picked up something from the experience of Guild Wars, I wouldn't see him as mafia... yet, at least.

Short version: Only smart mafia players tend to avoid common tactics.

Again, I'm not trying to defend HoT, but I'm just pointing some things out;)
If you guys lose me, you will NOT win this game. Unless you guys are scum that are suspicious of me.
Possibly hinting he's the vigilante or perhaps a special role? Or maybe he's trying to get us to pity him? idk...
Uh... she keeps talking about Hero of Time. That combined with his frequent change in votes and behavior in general means...

FAALLCAAWWN VOOOTE!: Hero of Time

So two townies were killed, our role blocker is killed, and we got one of mafia? And it's MK9!:O

It doesn't exactly mean that whoever tried to kill him is not mafia. I tried to help out the townies in Round one, by trying to vote for Zack125, to heavily get some suspicion off of me, (Of course, that didn't work and cost me my life). It could also just be a noob/lucky mistake by the SK (Was it the SK? Or the Vigilante?).

Kokirion is suspicious, and so far, he sticks out the most. He tried to push to kill Axle, and agreed with The Green that Vergo was suspicious and then pushed to kill Awesome, who was a townie. (I'll eventually get around to making an analysis on him, though) So, IGMEOY, kokirion.

Are you a magician? =D

What are you? An algebraic magician? =D
Her first post after night 2... just for reference and so it's easier for people to find.

Also, from my read through that I just finished (bad idea considering I have hw to be doing),
IGMEOY: Xinnamin, Din Akera and Icetomeetyou.
also i still gmeo Zack125 and Ver-go-a-go-go
No time to quote them all and my post is big enough already :/

Din Akera

Sniper
I guess this does change a few things.
Unvote Zack125

I don't have much time right now to look over and make another vote I will come back soon though. But I don't want Zack to die at my hand now that new information had come clear.

Well, I guess Jo turned out to be the mafia in the Jo/zack debate. This changes things now.
Unvote: zack125

I'm sorry I believed her accusations to be true.

Din Akera

Sniper
Okay. Through a re-read I'm at a loss for a real suspect. Though, if THP was the cop, TheGreen is right that it is possible Hero of Time is scum. and I liked the falcon Vote. lol. FOS Hero of Time. But not in on the vote... we have until tomorrow.

And, I would like to know what makes you concern of me?

Also, from my read through that I just finished (bad idea considering I have hw to be doing),
IGMEOY: Xinnamin, Din Akera and Icetomeetyou.
also i still gmeo Zack125 and Ver-go-a-go-go
No time to quote them all and my post is big enough already :/

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tally:
Hero of Time - 2 (Jetter, TheGreen)
Xinnamin - 1(Durion)

No Vote Cast:
Din Akera
Master Link
KrazyKyuubi
Icetomeetyou
zack125
Ver-go-a-go-go
link to present
green goron
Dracomajora
Chise
Xinnamin
Hanyou
Hero of Time

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
Day will end tonight, midnight, Eastern time (approx. 7 hours)

For all of you suspicious of me: I'm not sure what all of your cases are against me. And, you were mostly all voters against zack125, but are now coming onto me. Going from townie to townie perhaps?

TheGreen

So I think Zack125 has no votes now, but the event really changed the status of the game. I won't let myself just drop my suspicions of him because another accuser is mafia.

So don't regret voting him unless you voted because you were being a sheep or blindly voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom