• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one issue I would like to address as of now. The godfather.

So far, only our mods have been the godfather (Hanyou, in Mafia Round One, Kybyrian, in Mafia Round Two). I'm not saying that one of the mods playing is the godfather, but I'm just pointing out that every godfather before has been a mod.

But, the bigger thing I had in mind that I would also like to address is that everyone who has a special night ability. Which means that we can only lynch the godfather. Which means we always have to make use of our lynching ability. Which means, we need to analyze people more often, and interpret from their posts and use our judgement to tell if the person's scum or not...

Coming Soon: THP's Analysis Special. Join us analyzing scum.

EBWODP

Now, the first person who is on my list of people who strike and struck me a suspicious is Durion. And I am doing these in the order of which they were from PJ's list of members playing.

And we begin THP's Analysis Special on Durion.

Durion:

At first glance, he seems just like a humble townie, but this post:

Really caught my eye, after kokirion said he started the debate, which he kind of did, but he was replying to a post of kokirion's. That post earned him a spot on my Mafia note taking sheet. (I'm trying to avoid the mistake we did last round, so I decided to start taking notes)

Then I took him off, since he defended himself well, at least in my opinion...

And he continues to seem just to be a townie to me, helping out the confused, and answering some questions.

Time passes, and we go into voting.

Durion voted for Awesome. And he was a townie. Could just be a dumb/noob mistake, but with his experience with mafia, I was in high doubts, so I put him back on.

See below for the section about Hero of Time for why I think this post was suspicious and he did give Axle his eyes. And Axle was a townie.

Gave kokirion a FoS. And he was a townie.

Truthfully, if this was Durion's first game playing Mafia, I would've just assumed that he was a noob at this game. But he's not. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but I'm going to give him a solid HoS.

And no, that was not an edit. I swear. (I just noticed that every time I preview my post, it counts as an edit, but am I not allowed to preview my post?)

And I know better from editing my posts in Mafia, so:P

Firstly, I'd like to ask you the following. How many times have you been able to pin down the Mafia 100% of the time? Wait, I think can answer that, it's 0 isn't it? Even Jo, one of the most experienced here, stated that she only has a 50% success rate in finding Mafia. Infact, if you go by the last game I played, I had a 0% success rate and I was a townie...

Also, your evidence has no grounds for me being the Godfather. I was suspicious of the people that died, so what? I think there are many others that were suspicious. If I was to go back and investigate all your posts, I think that my conclusion would be that you don't add anything to the discussion, which is usually a scum tactic. Wyatt pulled it off pretty god damn well last round, and a few other Mafia did it. So what proves that you aren't the Godfather?
I'm not really accusing you of being scum, I'm just defending myself here.

Also, I am going to back THP up with the previewing post thing. If you preview your post, even if it's a EBWODP, it's counted as an edit, even if you don't actually post anything.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
In regards to the Bay vs Zach arguments that've been flying back and forth, I'm inclined to think that it's just Jo doing what she always does and pushing forward evidence that may otherwise be ignored, which is applaudable. Granted the hostile tone could be dropped a few notches, at least she was stirring up conversation. While her hostility is a bit suspicious, Zack does strike me as noteworthy too.

I'm only going to respond to this.
I find the fact that Zack chose only to respond to a small portion of her last post suspicious especially since she did a pretty good job of explaining her train of though in that post. Makes me feel like Zack is avoiding the question due to having something to hide.

FoS: Baysiderulez and zack125

To Panda's giant list of people...uh...I fail to see how that's gonna get us anywhere. Keep in mind that it may not be the Godfather who's experienced, but the mafia as a whole.

Xinna is a bit suspicious as well. She seems so carefree so maybe she's in a power role, like the Godfather. Who cannot be nightkilled, looks innocent, basically cannot be touched. They can only die by way of lynch. Who would be that calm during Mafia unless they knew that it would be hard for them to get killed?
lawl nah, I'm just having a bit of fun is all.

Down came the Good Fairy and she said... Little bunny FuFu, I don't want to see you scoopin' up the field mice and boppin' them on the head~

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Firstly, I'd like to ask you the following. How many times have you been able to pin down the Mafia 100% of the time? Wait, I think can answer that, it's 0 isn't it? Even Jo, one of the most experienced here, stated that she only has a 50% success rate in finding Mafia. Infact, if you go by the last game I played, I had a 0% success rate and I was a townie...

Actually, if you count my brother as myself, I did catch the serial killer and posted about it:P

Also, your evidence has no grounds for me being the Godfather. I was suspicious of the people that died, so what? I think there are many others that were suspicious. If I was to go back and investigate all your posts, I think that my conclusion would be that you don't add anything to the discussion, which is usually a scum tactic. Wyatt pulled it off pretty god damn well last round, and a few other Mafia did it. So what proves that you aren't the Godfather?
I'm not really accusing you of being scum, I'm just defending myself here.

It's just a suspicion list. It could be wrong, it could be right. I only made that from one major thing we know about the Godfather- experience, so my list is most likely wrong.

But either way, it's not like I'd vote for you. You defended yourself well, anyway. I just wanted to bring up that point to discussion and see how some people would react and agree with me with minimal evidence against you. I doubted you were mafia anyway, and I really have no idea why you were on the list of suspicious people. (Probably haven't updated that in a long time)

Also, I am going to back THP up with the previewing post thing. If you preview your post, even if it's a EBWODP, it's counted as an edit, even if you don't actually post anything.

As for the EBWODP, I'll let PJ judge if that counted as an edit.

If I was the Godfather I personal would be more active in the game and I find it crazy you have yourself on the list of suspects for godfather you created.

I just listed people who have been playing at least one mafia game. That includes me. I know I'm suspicious. And I accept that fact. And frankly, I really don't know if you're lurking for most of the time, but I did find it a little suspicious that you would only post short posts to avoid modkill.

Kirino

Tatakae
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zack125
This sentence reminds of Master Kokiri 9. During the first game, he made a lot of analysis on people and it was later revealed that he was the serial killer. Fast forward to the second game and he uses the same strategy, even used it against one of his own. Although I seriously don't think he may be scum three times in a row, but you may never know.[/QUOTE]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by zack125 The reason I'm flying under the radar is because of one simple fact: reality.[/QUOTE]

So Baysider is completly sure that zack is scum,and is sure enough to vote for him based on these two posts.Well for the first one,all he's saying is that MK9 probably wouldn't be scm 3 times in a row,but you never know.It seems the only thing making him suspicious is that he said you may never know,when most would say you never know.It seems only his choice of words is making him suspicious here.

For the second one,reality gets in everyones way.I doubt anyone can stay on thier computer and play Mafia all day.Zack saying that reality got in the way got Bayside really angry which caused her to vote for zack,which almost no evidence.It seems suspicious to me.

FOS:BSR

In regards to the Bay vs Zach arguments that've been flying back and forth, I'm inclined to think that it's just Jo doing what she always does and pushing forward evidence that may otherwise be ignored, which is applaudable. Granted the hostile tone could be dropped a few notches, at least she was stirring up conversation. While her hostility is a bit suspicious, Zack does strike me as noteworthy too.

I find the fact that Zack chose only to respond to a small portion of her last post suspicious especially since she did a pretty good job of explaining her train of though in that post. Makes me feel like Zack is avoiding the question due to having something to hide.

Well thanks I am glad you noticed its the exact same thing each and every game with me. As for the hostile tone... I'm sorry I recently found out two members of this game (both who are already dead) had been hard core cheating (revealing roles to each other, threatening to give out information to those still in the game, and not to mention cheated a bit in game), and I was a little upset with them and exchanging PM's. You can ask PJDEP about that he'd back it up, so would a few others out of game... but that might be considered a little questionable behavior at that so maybe its best just to trust me on that one.

I feel that my anger from this kid directly telling me he was cheating to denying ever have admit it prolly transferred over to my post when Zack was avoiding responding to my whole post. I'm sorry about that, and I have resolved that issue now, so it should no longer be a problem.

Dracomajora said:
So Baysider is completly sure that zack is scum,and is sure enough to vote for him based on these two posts.Well for the first one,all he's saying is that MK9 probably wouldn't be scm 3 times in a row,but you never know.It seems the only thing making him suspicious is that he said you may never know,when most would say you never know.It seems only his choice of words is making him suspicious here.

I dont even know where to begin to address this post other then its thought processes like this that make it even harder for the town to win. Am I completely sure? Hell no, I have a 50% success rate with the people I've named scum by the end of day 2 in all of my previous games, why? because I know how to read people, their personalities, how they interact in game and out of game, and I use the evidence of a person as a whole to determine if they are acting scum like or not. The only way I could be completely sure is if I was scum right there with him.

This is why I was against a "No Lynch" on day two. No Lynch hurt us. Sure, we didn't eliminate a townie, but we also didn't get the opportunity to question and interrogate those who voted for the killing of a towns person. In Mafia you can never be 100% sure someone is scum. NEVER, unless you are scum with them and have been given the scum list.

As for the reason I voted him? This is probably the simplest to answer of all. He was ignoring my posts. clearly a "FoS" or an "IGMEOY" didn't warrant enough urgency for him to defend himself. So I raised the bar... I did this approximately 5 times last game. And guess what, it got people talking and mafia started to disappear. In fact before my death, I was able to name about 4 of the remaining mafia. (out of the 10 or 11 I can't remember how many there actually were at that point). Do with it what you want.

As for the reason I voted him? This is probably the simplest to answer of all. He was ignoring my posts. clearly a "FoS" or an "IGMEOY" didn't warrant enough urgency for him to defend himself.

This is the first for anybody in this game that you actually addressed the matter. In fact, when you voted for me, you got angry by the fact that I told that I have a life outside of the internet.

Speaking of "ignoring" you because I didn't respond to your "IGMEOY" or "FOS", isn't it ironic that you're doing the exact same thing to Hero of Time and link to present?

Din Akera

Sniper
sorry I've been away guys. i will probably be away for a few more days as well. I've come down with a real bad stomach flu.
But I did do a quick read through and I just wanted to say a couple things.

Jo is usually quite forward like this, and as she will tell you, doesn't make it past day 4 usually. But as someone pointed out, she is not usually hostile about it. usually quite the opposite. She is relaxed and accusitory, not stressed, so I find this odd for her.

And as to THP question of possible godfathers, I saw my name on that list. I would just like to say, there is no way anyone could convince anyone else of innocence. We are all suspects. But to defend myself. I havn't been active for almost a full "day" because of how sick I am. I couldn't be dictating the mafia.

Eh, looks like it's pretty much Jo and Zack now. I have to agree with Durion: Jo is playing a completely different game this time around. Same thing happened to Pj in round 2: He got a mafia role, avoided the modkill, flew under the radar, and lived until the very end without really doing anything. Jo does seem to be putting up a defense here, but it's Durion who started it; can't trust you Durion. kokiron's post still REALLY bothers me, be it legitimate or not, and your defense of Hanyou, the one accused with you, doesn't clear it up any.

As for Hanyou, meh. I made the point in round two that he's just too cloudy in these games. He remains impartial the entire time, almost as if sitting on a fence. If we get towards the last stages of the game and nothing has changed, I'll pull the "too dangerous to be kept alive regardless of role" card, because that's exactly what he is: Either a really smart townie or an extremely cunning mafia. The later outweighs the former.

So before, I said that I was going to make an analysis of Jo. I may not be the best at getting my point across, but you'll have to bare with me whilst I try to.

Anyway, I still stand by the fact that in this game, Jo has made a lot of posts, infact, she is the most active in the game as it stands, with 10th of the posts under her name (My evidence for this being here). I'd like to start by pointing out that Jo used activity at an in earlier point in the game to try and get her point across about Kokirion trying to stir up confusion...

Personally both Kokirion and theskywardsword seem suspicious to me, But its hard to know for sure. If absolutely had to vote right now. I'd vote Kokirion.

Why? Because I believe he is trying to stir up confusion and is waiting for us to lynch a townie so he can go out and do his dirty deeds. He'd essentially get two kills as a mafia that way. Also I'd like to point out that currently Kokirion has been most active in this game.

[link to who's posted]

While not exactly incriminating, it does make me a little suspicious that she would use activity as an argument against someone, and then after while, becoming the most active yourself. It's a little contradictive...but wait

I'm beginning to doubt you've ever played this game before... Most times the mafia are either really really active, or trying to fly under the radar, So looking at who's posted and how many times, allows me to conclude who I need to be paying more attention to.

This is coming from Jo, a woman that has played Mafia many times more than most people on here have. She has real life qualifications that give her the edge in knowing what a persons actions mean, and I'd like to point out that we believe the Godfather is an intelligent member, a description that Jo fits perfectly. Her abilities in this game are unmatched by few in this round (some of which are already dead). To prove how smart she is, I'd like you all to recall the second round of Mafia. Jo was the only player to suspect Master Kokiri (flipped Mafia), who completely fooled the rest of us (including myself). That proves how good a player she actually is. The only reason Din Akera was suspicious of Master Kokiri is because Jo was, she even stated so herself. Therefore, I find it extremely suspicious that Jo stated earlier on in the thread that the most active is usually Mafia. I don't see why she'd lie and pull this up unless she really wanted to lynch someone, so if she did lie, then that's also the trait of a Mafia. Either way, as you can see, I find Jo's actions her extremely suspicious.

My next few reason for finding Jo suspicious are all connected to her swapping her accusations (by which I mean she uses something like a FoS or an IGMEOY). I know that doing so isn’t as bad as swapping your votes around, but it still is usually linked with the same reasons for doing so. Generally, when I use IGMEOY or FoS someone, I have real reasoning behind doing so, and don’t tend to change my mind a lot, unless they post a strong enough defence to make me change my mind.

However, Jo has been throwing her accusations in several different directions, and from as far as I can see, for no apparent reason. Last round , she only did so when she knew she was in a situation where she was going to die, she only seemed to do so to mock us for killing her, as she knew Master Kokiri was Mafia, whilst no one else did due to the fact he lynched a fellow Mafia so early on in the game (Atsuma). In this game, she really doesn’t have any apparent reason to be mocking us, and she isn’t doing it in a mocking way either. She’s lost all composition that she had in the last round, and I find this action strange from someone such as Jo. Sure, she’s always up for getting discussion rolling as many of you are pointing out, but she’s going about it in a very suspicious manner, and on top of that, in a different fashion than usual. She’s accusing people for reasons that stand on weak or no evidence, or is just accusing people for what appears to be the hell of it. Here are a few examples...

I still think its more likely they all targeted Kyby, or atleast 2/3rd did... maybe one targeted the Godfather or was Roleblocked... But i think its unlikely that both rendered unsuccessful. Kyby was such a huge threat last game. I think he would have been the natural choice for the Mafia, SK, and Vig to eliminate.

But you would know that and would just be steering us in the wrong direction once again now wouldn't you Mr. Zach... I seem to recall you incriminating MK9 in one of your posts early early in the game... how is it the Mafia has left you alone... unless you were possibly one of them...

FoS: Zach125

This FoS doesn't really seem provoked in anyway, and is one of several accusations that she throws around. Here are some more...

Hero of Time has been rather loud this game... Is he pushing a mafia agenda though? That I am unsure of. Without Kokiron I'm left without any leads. This round is gonna suck unless we get some soon. The mafia is kicking our tooshies right now... We must defeat them. and the SK too.

I must ask, because this was slightly fishy to me... Durion, how do you know Axle was killed by the vigilante and not the SK? You seemed rather set on that. Do we know for certain? I mean the death post was open enough that it really could have been either. The only way we would know for sure... If it wasn't directly said was if you were either the SK or Vigilante or have been in contact with them.

in contradiction to the first half of my post... IGMEOY Durion.

She starts by subtlely suggesting that Hero of Time is Mafia, before becoming suspicious of me, and giving a IGMEOY against my name.

Wut? Did you just call yourself the godfather? I purely stating that you guys had planted seeds saying or hinting that MK9 was scum. Which is what MK9 did last game, of course with alot more vengeance. He was neither the godfather last game, nor did the godfather have anything to do with his death last game. Freudian slip I hope...

IGMEOY: Zack125

This is the first time that she states her accusations, before changed her mind and started looking looking at other members such as myself and Hero of Time...it doesn't really have any strong evidence behind it either, in my opinion. She also seems to be pushing extremely hard about trying to get zack into a position in which he is more likely to be lynched, and I find this suspicious.

I don't really see why she is doing all of this. It only seems like Jo is trying to confuse us all by doing this in my eyes. It's a completely different style of play than what Jo used last game, and certain of it. As I said before, Jo taught me that you can find out who are Mafia and who aren't by the way they play, if there style changes for no reason, then they are scum.

Finally, from the way that the Mafia have been opperating, I have seen several people stating that the Godfather is clearly someone that is very good at Mafia and intelligent. Jo fits this description perfectly. With some of the things I have mentioned above and the fact that Jo has previously stated and been proud of the fact that she has roughly a 50% success rate, I am certain that she is Mafia. I'm very sorry if you are not Mafia...but as it stands, I'm 100% certain she is. If she does put up a good defence, I will retract this accusation.

This is all I can post for now, I've spent so long trying to make this post non repetitive (it probably still is) and quite easy to understand, and I'm at the point where I've been working so long that I feel I can do no more without a break. It's probably not the best of cases, but decent enough. If I can think of anything later, I'll add to this...

This is the first for anybody in this game that you actually addressed the matter. In fact, when you voted for me, you got angry by the fact that I told that I have a life outside of the internet.

Speaking of "ignoring" you because I didn't respond to your "IGMEOY" or "FOS", isn't it ironic that you're doing the exact same thing to Hero of Time and link to present?

Seriously. If she thinks that warrants a vote, then I guess I'll do that to her.

Vote: BSR

Even if you're a townie, you're just way too much trouble.

Baysiderulez you seem to be acting more crazy this game than the last game which makes me think something is up.

Fos: Baysiderulez

I'm actually not... I go nuts around day 3-4 which results in my death every mafia game... if anything is really abnormal its the Kokiron and Zelda_8 cheating movement that has led me to get a thorn in my side... There is nothing I despise more then cheating. It ruins the game for everyone. Just how much damage they have done, I am unsure. But needless to say I am pissed that was even an issue with them. I wish I could show you my back and forth with Kokiron... In fact I have his words that he revealed his role to other players in the game, and for sure one other player revealed their role to him, are there any others, I am not sure, if there is, I will find out, there's no doubt about it.

[which goes further to why I suspected he was scum. He is a scummy person in real life and it radiated on to me during this game]

You're way too quick to vote zack just because he(like most of us) has a real life. Are you serious? That is just ridiculous. You jump to conclusions way too much. And if I remember correctly, you had a high suspicion of Kokirion who was a townie.

And then later, zack explained himself fine, and you said something like "until you defend yourself my vote remains" or something like that. When in fact, he had just defended himself. You're just way too dangerous to be a townie. Not to mention how much you mention how we have an experienced Mafia.

Actually he ignored my meaning behind "you flew under the radar" even after I expressed to him how exactly i meant it when he mis-interpreted it the first time.

Once again, I am going to encourage you to actually READ my post... Which is why I havent bothered to defend that portion. its already there in plain day. He went unnoticed because it was subtle not because of anything having to do with his life outside the forums. In fact it didnt even become clear he had a connection with MK9 until MK9 was nightkilled... Last night. So this "why didnt you point it out at the time" was mainly because I didnt yet have the evidence I needed. This whole argument is ridiculous because I stated it once already, and now for lack of not having anything better to do I am repeating myself, when I should be spending time on Durion's post, which actually holds substance and raises issues I have not yet rebutted.

But you know what, if such an answer I gave was so obvious to you, why did you ask that I'm flying under the radar?

Hey buddy... if you actually read... I responded to that post.
Alright now... I suspected you on day one, but I stayed quiet because well it wasn't obvious you were trying to rat out MK9. You planted a seed very subtlely. I'm egging on that you would have hoped someone would pick on it and he would have been lynched gaining you the towns trust. The very same tactic MK9 used against Atsuma. Unfortuneatly we aren't exactly dealing with a proactive town, so your little plan did not succeed. And you grazed on by not being suspicious at all till the death of MK9, revealing he was scum.

I find that suspicious, and you seem to think that its ridiculous that I would even think that.

Oh, did I say that? I did, I did say that...

Seriously. If she thinks that warrants a vote, then I guess I'll do that to her.

Yeah if motive could be spelled out... Kill one of my own make it look like I am innocent and valuable to have around... Isn't a good cause for being mafia then I dunno what is. But yeah... I had absolutely NO BASIS for making an argument of Zack125... Its not suspicious at all that seemed to know MK9 was scum.

But once again let me explain my rational for the 3rd time in this post, responding to the accusation of me not responding to your accusations yet again...

I'm beginning to think you are just looking for a reason to Lynch me without reading as well... He flew under the radar because he didn't act suspicious during day two... Had MK9 not died till day 4 then he prolly would have slid through my filter STILL. When MK9 I went back to day 1 and looked for all names associated with him... Funny enough the two names that popped up were Zack125 and DracoMajora, both who are currently on my case. Why are they on my case, because I have lit a fire under one of their bellies.

- I am going now to go read through Durion's post and find my in game quotes and adequately defend myself. Please actually read this post with an open mind. That's all I ask of you.

Baysiderulez you seem to be acting more crazy this game than the last game which makes me think something is up.

Fos: Baysiderulez

I'm actually not... I go nuts around day 3-4 which results in my death every mafia game... if anything is really abnormal its the Kokiron and Zelda_8 cheating movement that has led me to get a thorn in my side... There is nothing I despise more then cheating. It ruins the game for everyone. Just how much damage they have done, I am unsure. But needless to say I am pissed that was even an issue with them. I wish I could show you my back and forth with Kokiron... In fact I have his words that he revealed his role to other players in the game, and for sure one other player revealed their role to him, are there any others, I am not sure, if there is, I will find out, there's no doubt about it.

[which goes further to why I suspected he was scum. He is a scummy person in real life and it radiated on to me during this game]

You're way too quick to vote zack just because he(like most of us) has a real life. Are you serious? That is just ridiculous. You jump to conclusions way too much. And if I remember correctly, you had a high suspicion of Kokirion who was a townie.

And then later, zack explained himself fine, and you said something like "until you defend yourself my vote remains" or something like that. When in fact, he had just defended himself. You're just way too dangerous to be a townie. Not to mention how much you mention how we have an experienced Mafia.

Actually he ignored my meaning behind "you flew under the radar" even after I expressed to him how exactly i meant it when he mis-interpreted it the first time.

Once again, I am going to encourage you to actually READ my post... Which is why I havent bothered to defend that portion. its already there in plain day. He went unnoticed because it was subtle not because of anything having to do with his life outside the forums. In fact it didnt even become clear he had a connection with MK9 until MK9 was nightkilled... Last night. So this "why didnt you point it out at the time" was mainly because I didnt yet have the evidence I needed. This whole argument is ridiculous because I stated it once already, and now for lack of not having anything better to do I am repeating myself, when I should be spending time on Durion's post, which actually holds substance and raises issues I have not yet rebutted.

But you know what, if such an answer I gave was so obvious to you, why did you ask that I'm flying under the radar?

Hey buddy... if you actually read... I responded to that post.
Alright now... I suspected you on day one, but I stayed quiet because well it wasn't obvious you were trying to rat out MK9. You planted a seed very subtlely. I'm egging on that you would have hoped someone would pick on it and he would have been lynched gaining you the towns trust. The very same tactic MK9 used against Atsuma. Unfortuneatly we aren't exactly dealing with a proactive town, so your little plan did not succeed. And you grazed on by not being suspicious at all till the death of MK9, revealing he was scum.

I find that suspicious, and you seem to think that its ridiculous that I would even think that.

Oh, did I say that? I did, I did say that...

Yeah if motive could be spelled out... Kill one of my own make it look like I am innocent and valuable to have around... Isn't a good cause for being mafia then I dunno what is. But yeah... I had absolutely NO BASIS for making an argument of Zack125... Its not suspicious at all that seemed to know MK9 was scum.

But once again let me explain my rational for the 3rd time in this post, responding to the accusation of me not responding to your accusations yet again...

I'm beginning to think you are just looking for a reason to Lynch me without reading as well... He flew under the radar because he didn't act suspicious during day two... Had MK9 not died till day 4 then he prolly would have slid through my filter STILL. When MK9 I went back to day 1 and looked for all names associated with him... Funny enough the two names that popped up were Zack125 and DracoMajora, both who are currently on my case. Why are they on my case, because I have lit a fire under one of their bellies.

- I am going now to go read through Durion's post and find my in game quotes and adequately defend myself. Please actually read this post with an open mind. That's all I ask of you.

So EBWODP I've finished compiling my rebuttal to Durion, much to my surprise before anyone else has gotten to respond. So sorry if it auto merges and you are stuck reading one big *** huge post.

I just thought to point something out. It may just end up being insignificant, but a lot of scum walked free last game because people overlooked seemingly insignificant things.

Zack125 has posted quite a lot in this game so far
, but the majority of them are really short, and a lot of them are really simple questions or statements without any sort of real meat behind them. Compare that to his play tactic last game, where though he still mostly had short posts, there was a lot more thinking evident, and plenty has happened that warrants thinking about. I sometimes feel like people who drop by only to make short, not-thought-out posts are just trying to lay low while not staying so inactive as to gain attention for it.

Just some food for thought.

And Look I wasn't even the first person to take note of Zack's behavior

So before, I said that I was going to make an analysis of Jo. I may not be the best at getting my point across, but you'll have to bare with me whilst I try to.

Anyway, I still stand by the fact that in this game, Jo has made a lot of posts, infact, she is the most active in the game as it stands, with 10th of the posts under her name (My evidence for this being here). I'd like to start by pointing out that Jo used activity at an in earlier point in the game to try and get her point across about Kokirion trying to stir up confusion...

Yes it it true I am the most active. Although it wasnt until 2 'solar' days ago. And if you look mr. Zack is catching up to me quite quickly. (since you've made this posts, hes gone from being 10+ posts behind me to 7 posts behind me.) so if you wanted to apply this to argument you'd have to take a look at both parties.

I will note though that that stratagy of looking at posts is most effective early in the game, when players are establishing their habits. While it could also be reflected on later on in the game, its not as vital as to determining who is scum and who isn't.

This is coming from Jo, a woman that has played Mafia many times more than most people on here have. She has real life qualifications that give her the edge in knowing what a persons actions mean, and I'd like to point out that we believe the Godfather is an intelligent member, a description that Jo fits perfectly. Her abilities in this game are unmatched by few in this round (some of which are already dead). To prove how smart she is, I'd like you all to recall the second round of Mafia. Jo was the only player to suspect Master Kokiri (flipped Mafia), who completely fooled the rest of us (including myself). That proves how good a player she actually is. The only reason Din Akera was suspicious of Master Kokiri is because Jo was, she even stated so herself. Therefore, I find it extremely suspicious that Jo stated earlier on in the thread that the most active is usually Mafia. I don't see why she'd lie and pull this up unless she really wanted to lynch someone, so if she did lie, then that's also the trait of a Mafia. Either way, as you can see, I find Jo's actions her extremely suspicious.

I take this entire analysis as a compliment. Its true I have been in quite a few psych classes and communication classes, as well as participating in behavior modification techniques at work that have allowed me to notice even the most subtle tendencies in people. Being most active? Haha thats always been a tendency of me in prior games, as well, as much as you are learning my techniques of how to read people... I think you might have missed checking out other tendencies. Or really if you looked now at the mafia 2 thread, it wouldn't be accurate in comparison because there were like what 3-5 days after I died that other people still posted. However I will say during my time alive I was always in the top 5 posters in the mafia game.

My next few reason for finding Jo suspicious are all connected to her swapping her accusations (by which I mean she uses something like a FoS or an IGMEOY). I know that doing so isn’t as bad as swapping your votes around, but it still is usually linked with the same reasons for doing so. Generally, when I use IGMEOY or FoS someone, I have real reasoning behind doing so, and don’t tend to change my mind a lot, unless they post a strong enough defence to make me change my mind.

However, Jo has been throwing her accusations in several different directions, and from as far as I can see, for no apparent reason. Last round , she only did so when she knew she was in a situation where she was going to die, she only seemed to do so to mock us for killing her, as she knew Master Kokiri was Mafia, whilst no one else did due to the fact he lynched a fellow Mafia so early on in the game (Atsuma). In this game, she really doesn’t have any apparent reason to be mocking us, and she isn’t doing it in a mocking way either. She’s lost all composition that she had in the last round, and I find this action strange from someone such as Jo. Sure, she’s always up for getting discussion rolling as many of you are pointing out, but she’s going about it in a very suspicious manner, and on top of that, in a different fashion than usual. She’s accusing people for reasons that stand on weak or no evidence, or is just accusing people for what appears to be the hell of it. Here are a few examples...

If I remember correctly the only people I have FoS'd were Kokiron (x3) Axle (x1) Zack125, and yourself. In fact my only vote this entire game thus far was on Kokiron both days. (except on day one I retracted my vote and went with no Lynch)

She starts by subtlely suggesting that Hero of Time is Mafia, before becoming suspicious of me, and giving a IGMEOY against my name.

This is the first time that she states her accusations, before changed her mind and started looking looking at other members such as myself and Hero of Time...it doesn't really have any strong evidence behind it either, in my opinion. She also seems to be pushing extremely hard about trying to get zack into a position in which he is more likely to be lynched, and I find this suspicious.

Nothing subtle about it, I said there's a chance he might be. but I am unsure. With the way he, Zack, and Link is present (or whatever his name is) I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or all of them were working together. However I do not see HoT as a threat at the moment which is why I have not built a case against him.

I don't really see why she is doing all of this. It only seems like Jo is trying to confuse us all by doing this in my eyes. It's a completely different style of play than what Jo used last game, and certain of it. As I said before, Jo taught me that you can find out who are Mafia and who aren't by the way they play, if there style changes for no reason, then they are scum.

Finally, from the way that the Mafia have been opperating, I have seen several people stating that the Godfather is clearly someone that is very good at Mafia and intelligent. Jo fits this description perfectly. With some of the things I have mentioned above and the fact that Jo has previously stated and been proud of the fact that she has roughly a 50% success rate, I am certain that she is Mafia. I'm very sorry if you are not Mafia...but as it stands, I'm 100% certain she is. If she does put up a good defence, I will retract this accusation.
Once again I am flattered you compliment me so nicely. Few people consider me intelligent, but yes I am very much proud of my high scum success rate. I do not feel that my playing strategy has changed aside from the fact that yesterday i was very pissed with a few of our deceased players, who had been cheating in game and out. And I may have taken that out partially on Zack.

If you wish to eliminate me this round, go ahead. I have said all I think I can on the matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom