• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad people agree with me. Even if he's a townie, why keep him? He's not gonna just mysteriously start contributing in a few rounds.

Vote: Axle the Beast

I'm glad people agree with me. Even if he's a townie, why keep him? He's not gonna just mysteriously start contributing in a few rounds.

I'm not trying to protect Axle with this, but you really aren't thinking that much about this are you? If he is an inactive townie, then he's better to have than not having him, at least it helps keep the townie numbers up.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

What Durion said. Policy Lynching = Bad Idea. I thought we already went over this.

And by the way, guys, vote for Axle. Stop when it only takes two votes to lynch him. Then wait for him to Roleclaim. And then wait for someone to counterclaim. Then we can decide whether or not it's a good idea to lynch him or not.

Voting for someone =/= lynching the guy. It's a more advanced technique, yes, but hey. Gotta get better somehow, and these games have been a little too basic to be much fun anymore. We need to introduce more advanced stuff to keep them from getting boring (which is why I wanted to mod this game).

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Thanks for the backup MK9. What is a roleclaim? Lol I'm such a noob

MafiaWiki said:
To state what your role is, truthfully or not. Often a roleclaim is a last defense against being lynched. The Town doesn't want to lynch its Doctor, or Cop, so they may back off if that's what the person claims to be.
Note that when claiming, it is very important that you do not simply repeat your Role PM. Almost all Mods will Modkill a player who quotes his Role PM in whole or in part. So it is essential to paraphrase, describing the role in your own words.
A variant of this is soft-claiming, where a player implies that they have a certain role without overtly claiming.

And counterclaiming is when one person fake claims (which is basically to say you're one role when in reality you're not) and the other person, who knows that they're fake claiming because they know that they are that particular role, claim that role themselves.

And don't blame yourself for not knowing what a roleclaim is: it's a bit more advanced than what's been seen here so far (I meant to mod this game so I could officially implement this among a few other things like No Lynch) and you can blame the mods, not yourself.

Din Akera

Sniper
We've already loss two really valuable players on the first day, if either Axel or Virgo get lynched and are townies we'll be playing right into the mafia's hand again by helping them get rid of the key people. :I

It's still really early, I don't think we should be suspcious of either of them just based on activity when only one in-game day has gone by~

I agree completely with Chise, I think this is a really bad move. Lynching Axle or Vergo without goo evidence is shooting ourselves in the foot. These are players that if townie are a great asset to us. And I would suspect that if they are Mafia that Hero of Time and MK9 are mafia and trying to turn us on the most valuble members of our own team.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Honestly, this strikes me as suspicious... Even though Axle isn't very active within the game and blah, blah, blah, there isn't much of a reason to vote for him other than that. I know, he could be a little more active and stuff, but there's little evidence of him being mafia, since he posted too little...

I like to point somethings out =D

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I agree completely with Chise, I think this is a really bad move. Lynching Axle or Vergo without goo evidence is shooting ourselves in the foot. These are players that if townie are a great asset to us. And I would suspect that if they are Mafia that Hero of Time and MK9 are mafia and trying to turn us on the most valuble members of our own team.

Honestly, this strikes me as suspicious... Even though Axle isn't very active within the game and blah, blah, blah, there isn't much of a reason to vote for him other than that. I know, he could be a little more active and stuff, but there's little evidence of him being mafia, since he posted too little...

I like to point somethings out =D

You guys don't seem to understand me. Am I saying I want Axle lynched? At this particular moment, no. Do I think he is suspicious? Yes, I do. Because of that, I began trying a more advanced tactic of voting for a person until he has only a few votes left in order to put pressure on him to get him to crack and get a roleclaim out of him, wait for a counterclaim, and go from there. However, I forgot that we still haven't made the switch to more advanced tactics yet.

Trust me, it has been used plenty of times before in more advanced games by Townies as a way of identifying suspicious players (I turn your attention to The Simpsons Mafia at Vanilla Townies) and I decided to try to bring that here. It's a very common tactic in advanced games, actually.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I find Axle slightly suspicious just because of his lack of posting. I've heard that, in the past, he's been active. I understand he's busy. I've seen him in the chat box when he could've posted something. I also don't think he would go after someone just because they took him out last game. This seems very immature. This could also be their plan. Killing all the good ones first.

But still I suggest we wait and see what he does before we vote for him. He might just be busy and not able to post here. Plus, if he's inactive long enough. He'll get mod killed.

Kirino

Tatakae
yes, if he's not active then he isn't very helpfull. But even if he posts, it's probably passive. VOTE: Axle

It's way too quick to vote for Axel ,especially when we only have one piece of evidence.And not a very good piece of evidence at that.In Axles case,being inactive could mean anything.I'm not defending him,or anything.I'm just saying that voting for Axle now is in incredibly bad idea.

I find Axle slightly suspicious just because of his lack of posting. I've heard that, in the past, he's been active. I understand he's busy. I've seen him in the chat box when he could've posted something. I also don't think he would go after someone just because they took him out last game. This seems very immature. This could also be their plan. Killing all the good ones first.
Normally you'd be right. Ky would be a special case though because he killed me last game. :P If I was or if I am Mafia I would probably vote to nightkill him. That would be a really bad tactic if you are anyone but the Mafia or the Serial Killer, in which you want everyone dead. You only want to avoid suspicion.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about being inactive. Yes, I have been busy as hell. I have however said in the first day that busy or not, inactivity is suspicious behavior. I stand by that so I have one serious count against me right now. I will however read up a bit and do my best to stay active.

For the record, I am usually incredibly active in Mafia except for two reasons. Once I was really busy and could not participate at all. However, I did stay inactive once because I was scum. In my defense though, I was more active than this. Doing it at the level I have been is way too obvious and I would not under any circumstance make that mistake as a mafioso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom