• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone had an questions, please feel free to PM me.

How to Play:
The game starts off in the Day which will last roughly 1 week. During this Day period, everyone discusses who they believe is a Mafia member (also called scum). Mafia will post too, and pretend they are Townies and try to get the other Townies to turn on each other and confuse them. Every member, Townie or Mafia, has a vote for lynching each Day.

Post who you want to vote for in the format:
Vote: Player X
If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:
Unvote: Player X

You may vote and unvote at ANY TIME during the DAY period. Only during the Day, remember that. Once a majority vote is reach, that player will be lynched NO MATTER WHAT. So if a majority is reached and you decide to unvote for that person, its too late. Player X will be lynched and his identity, Townie or Mafia will be revealed. A player will also be lynched at the end of the week period that constitutes the Day time based on whoever has the most votes, if a majority is not reached.

Once the Day period (after the lynching) is over it becomes the Night. Night won't last long, a day or two at most. During the Night there will be NO ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS. Everyone goes to 'sleep'. This is when the Mafia congregate. During the Night period, and ONLY DURING THE NIGHT the Mafia members will PM the Game Mod one person's name and that person will be killed in the night.

Day will come again, and the identity of the dead Townie will be revealed. Killed in the night by the Mafia. Now the situation gets more dire as Townies will die every night due to the Mafia's ability to night kill, so lynching Mafia becomes more and more important as the game progresses.

This continues until either the Townies remain, or the Mafia stand triumphant.

Rules:

- DO NOT PM EACH OTHER ABOUT YOUR ROLES. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game. Mafia members may PM each other, of course, as well as the two Masons.

- DO NOT POST INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME. This means any information, revealing or otherwise, that comes from screenshots of the active user list, IM conversations, or anything. If you post such information, you will be ModKilled.

- You may only post in the Day period.

- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote: Player X

- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.

- IF YOU ARE INACTIVE YOU WILL BE MODKILLED. If you don not post at least one time per "day", you WILL be modkilled.

- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled.

Basic Commonly Used Abbreviations/Words
AtE: Appeal to Emotion
BWCS: Best Worst Case Scenario
EBWOP or EBWODP: Edit By Way Of (Double) Post
IoA: Information over Analysis
IwA: Information with Analysis
IGMEOY: I've Got My Eye On You
ISTR: I Seem To Remember
FoS: Finger of Suspicion (When you are not sure enough to vote, use the vote format for this, ie. FoS: Player X)
RVS: Random Voting Stage (usually occurs during the beginning where people vote at random)
Scum: Mafia or anyone else bad (Serial Killer)

Roles (basic)

ProMafia:

Godfather - Leads the Mafia family and usually is the only one that PMs the Game Mod the nightkill choice. He appears innocent to the cop, and cannot be Nightkilled by any third party.

RoleBlocker - Choose 1 person, per night, and block's their night ability.

ProTown:

Cop - PMs the Game Mod each night 1 person's name, and that person's role and affiliation is revealed to the cop.

Doctor - PMs the Game Mod each night 1 person's name. If that person is a target of a Night Kill, that person is safe, for one night. Doctor cannot save himself, or try to save the same person twice.

RoleBlocker - See RoleBlocker above.

Mason - Usually 2 or so Masons exist. They know who each other are, so they can stick together. Besides that, they have no abilities.

Vigilante - Like the Mafia, he/she has a Night Kill ability that is PMed to the Game Mod. He/she tries to do off the Mafia, but can just as easily kill Townies.

NEW ROLE ALERT:
- Beloved Prince/Princess: He or she looks and acts exactly like a Townie. The Beloved Prince/Princess may NOT reveal his/her role to ANYONE ELSE. If the Beloved Prince/Princess is lynched or nightkilled, the next "day" will be spent mourning for him/her, and voting will not occur that day.

Third-Party
Serial Killer - He/she is out only for themselves. The SK pretends to be a Townie and can vote, much like the mafia, but also has a Night Kill ability. The SK wins when he/she is the only person left standing.

TO THE VIGILANTE AND SERIAL KILLER: Under NO circumstances can you reveal information about your nightkill, this includes what happened, what didn't happen, and who was involved.. Some issues have been raised, and it's not going to happen here.

In a quiet town in the middle of nowhere, all of the townspeople woke up as usual. However, they awoke to an extremely alarming images..... Bloody bodies were littered all over the street, some brutally mauled, while others merely shot clean in the head. In a panic, all of the townsfolk gathered together and discovered...... all but 42 of them were dead!

Everyone looked around, knowing that no one entered or left the town last night, the mafia, the ones who had killed nearly the entire population the night before, were still among them! You must find all 10 of the mafia and exterminate them before you share the fate of the Townies laying at your feet, dead and bloody.

To make things worse, there was a mad rouge among them.... with a desire only to kill, the rouge has the ultimate goal of just killing, whether the victim be Townie or Mafia.....

Game Mod:Ver-go-a-go-go

Players:
Axle the Beast
OrlovYan
Ember Incubus
Ikana
PJDEP
Beeker
Elfen
Epwna
Keyshe
Xinnamin
Jetter
Zack125
MasterKokiri9
Arkvoodle
SuperSilly
Illmatic
MoblinPiglett
Meego7
TreeHuggerPanda
K4King
13foxes
Yotam
Link to Present
Durion
Atsuma
Baysiderulez
Jack Archer
Yuguise
Triforce Eden
Chise
Mizer
Enemytracker
Kazumi
PocketAsian
Din Akera
Random Person
Knowlee
Kybyrian
Hazel
ChargewithSword
Zenox
DracoMajora

If for some reason you didn't receive a PM, you are a Townie.

There are 42 of you...... 10 among you are Mafia, 1 among you is a mad Serial Killer, and 1 among you is your beloved Prince/Princess. The First Day will end August 2nd.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm finally it has arrived....

WEll here is to a begining, i wrote it on wordpad for spelling errors hope i dont have none on this n.n*sweatdrop* ive been kicked to many times on my little mistakes on grammer(Weakest subject)

Well lets start off with some opnions of mine e-e First off speaking in Higurashi terms since is similar to this mafia game, all the killings happened was thought of the doings of the sonozaki family, but it really wasnt except for shion in one of the arks, most likely the serial killer will be a quiet person who will try to defend some one or be along with some one. while the mafia tries to do that like takanos group, she settles everythign out and lays low and no one suspects a thing.

So what im saying is, the serial killer is most likely a person who is buddy buddy person who will try to defend people so the peopel can gain trust, while the mafia will just blame other people out while townies try to figure it out.... Eh just to kick things off, not really good, but hey its the begining. Isn't all beginins horrible. To me they are... i suck at them... but any whos...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
So what im saying is, the serial killer is most likely a person who is buddy buddy person who will try to defend people so the peopel can gain trust, while the mafia will just blame other people out while townies try to figure it out.... Eh just to kick things off, not really good, but hey its the begining. Isn't all beginins horrible. To me they are... i suck at them... but any whos...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................................

You aren't quite right.

You see, Mafia won't just single out everybody except their comrades like you seem to suggest. That'd make things too easy for the Town and Third Party for their liking.

No, they tend to just cause clouds of confusion in various ways. Either by tossing fire at random, being inactive, or nightkilling people in ways that would make others that aren't their comrades suspicious.

The Serial Killer, having been him in the last Mafia game, I like to think of as a Vigilante with a secret. The SK will analyze the various players and truthfully try to find the Mafia. He/she also tries to kill the Mafia, alike the Vigilante, but also try to get rid of players who suspect him.

It really all comes down to play styles and for all you know, there might be not a single person here who fits one of those roles.

EBWODP

Hey, not bad, I managed to make my first post without voting for Triforce Eden. Woo! Now if only I could do that for the entire game unless he proves himself as Scum.

EBWOTP

Huh, it seems that now double posts are automatically merged with the previous post... cool.

I know you're just trying to start off the game Elfen, but as a note the wording of the deaths by the Mod can only tell us who killed the person... as in their role. Not the actual member. The member doesn't write those. They're just for show. ;)

You see, Mafia won't just single out everybody except their comrades like you seem to suggest. That'd make things too easy for the Town and Third Party for their liking.

No, they tend to just cause clouds of confusion in various ways. Either by tossing fire at random, being inactive, or nightkilling people in ways that would make others that aren't their comrades suspicious.

The Serial Killer, having been him in the last Mafia game, I like to think of as a Vigilante with a secret. The SK will analyze the various players and truthfully try to find the Mafia. He/she also tries to kill the Mafia, alike the Vigilante, but also try to get rid of players who suspect him.

It really all comes down to play styles and for all you know, there might be not a single person here who fits one of those roles.
Mostly correct, yeah. Mafia will vote for each other. As a Mafioso in a previous game, I've done the same thing. I was the FIRST to sell out an ally once.

Also, a dangerous trend I've noticed is Mafia being peacekeepers. Last game was laden with this kind of attitude. Be wary.

Remember, no one is trustworthy. Putting any amount of faith into someone else is dangerous, unless of course you're Masons. Work together of course, but do not fully trust ANYONE. Use your own theories, and think for yourself.

Woot, the game has started. That being said, I am keeping my eyes on your three. Trust no one, remember?
Of course. But be careful of randomly saying "I'm suspicious of you". This kind of behavior comes of as antagonistic. But I completely agree with you. There's no reason to put any faith in anyone yet, and even if there were, trusting them would be foolish.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm feeling pretty suspicious of Axle... Telling everyone to be careful of who they accuse and trust... It seems to me like he's really trying to convince everyone he's a Townie. Especially the bit with the being a Mafia last game. That would make people think he's not a Mafia again, but there is no rule that I know of the stops one person from being aligned to the same faction twice in a row.

Still, I'm pretty suspicious of everyone at this point. It's way to early to tell much of anything. Mostly I just had to post here so Ver-go wouldn't shoot me.

Elfen

Hmm, trusting people is a win-loose situation to this,(ugh my mind is set to an rpg >_>) But it is so early in the game to be suspicious, unless you want to cause a mild confusing amoung so little people to already turn agaisnt some one so soon?! Hmm who knows there is i think 42 more people left so lets see how they react to all the fun and goodies to back stabbers *lokos at every one with big stalker eyes* i will know all and make people turn on you,

Great, it started! So for the first round, we just chose random people?
Definitely not. Don't accuse without legitimate suspicion. That's a bad move. Petty reasoning will get you killed; I've seen it happen constantly and even fallen victim to it.

I'm feeling pretty suspicious of Axle... Telling everyone to be careful of who they accuse and trust... It seems to me like he's really trying to convince everyone he's a Townie. Especially the bit with the being a Mafia last game. That would make people think he's not a Mafia again, but there is no rule that I know of the stops one person from being aligned to the same faction twice in a row.
That's fair. Additionally my posts have been very hard and cold. I apologize for wording things in such a way as to imply I'm not this game. Of course I'm going to say "I'm not Mafia", but I have no proof and your wariness is completely founded.

Elfen

I think this is a good time to point early game fingers. Sounds pretty suspicious to me.
Hmm no its called false disguise, only the mafia knows what i am, no else knows, so ask your self this do you know whos who, if you do your mafia D:<

Definitely not. Don't accuse without legitimate suspicion. That's a bad move. Petty reasoning will get you killed; I've seen it happen constantly and even fallen victim to it.
Oh my let him make a foolish mistake, and get him killed it will save me some time to prove im not scum, and ill last longer unless im already to suspicious to people...

i will know all and make people turn on you
I may just be saying this just to pull peopel around and see how people take it, some may say its suspicious, others may think its a madning thing to do, sure put all suspicions on me and not focus on any one else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom