• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Reward System

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey everyone!

Per the discussion in the Official Suggestions Thread, I decided to open up a discussion within this subforum so we can discuss how a system similar to the current ZD Champion/Legend system could reward members of the community who spend most of their time playing mafia games.

Here are Morbid Minish's, ExLight's, and Mapel Serup's posts on the matter.

I think what we need to discuss are what sort of rewards should we mafia players receive (and roleplayers if people active in that section desire a similar system), and how we should be rewarded. Additionally, I would like to bring back the semi-annual Mafia Awards, so we should figure out how this system would differentiate from that.

On how to reward activity, I don't think in this context it is fair to put some kind of arbitrary post requirement in place in order to receive recognition. Someone may die during Day 1 of a game and not make many posts, but still be a highly distinguished player. Similarly, someone may live until the end of a game and even win, making a certain minimum posts, without actually really contributing to the game or putting in the effort to make meaningful posts. Winning a certain number of games could work as a requirement, but one could also get unlucky and continuously wind up on a bad team, or win without putting in any effort. For this reason, I think a judging system would need to be implemented to determine who should get rewarded every month. I would be happy to do it myself, alongside Johnny if he desired.

On that note though, how would you guys feel about simply doing a "Player of the Month" kind of thing, where we all vote for the player who we think deserves recognition each month? I think most of us here are good enough to vote for players who deserve it without letting personal bias get in the way.

As for what kind of rewards we should get, I'm not sure rank banners under people's usernames are the way to go. Too many of those causes clutter. I would be less opposed to that if it was a player of the month sort of system, however. We could do userbars or badges for our signatures if anybody feels graphically inclined enough to make them, but I'm open to other ideas.

Whatever we come up with, if it involves granting official user ranks to people then Jimmu will obviously need to be involved. I wanted to discuss this within the mafia subcommunity first though just so we can brainstorm ideas. Additionally, whatever we settle on, that idea should be forwarded to the people who frequent the roleplay section so they can get a similar system going.

Please sound off your ideas below!

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
The people who frequent the Roleplay section are here already. Save the time

Player of the Month sounds good, but i think maybe quarterly like Mafia/ Roleplay Awards. Trophies are cool. Not really a fan of User Ranks, but i think Trophies would be a cool reward. That way if you win a game it is forever emblazoned on your profile

The people who frequent the Roleplay section are here already. Save the time

Player of the Month sounds good, but i think maybe quarterly like Mafia/ Roleplay Awards. Trophies are cool. Not really a fan of User Ranks, but i think Trophies would be a cool reward. That way if you win a game it is forever emblazoned on your profile
Awe, but what about the newbies like myself that are dedicated to starting into Mafia? Maybe the same with the Role Player section.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
A Player of the Month idea might not be too bad if we just wanted to create banners for that. However, I think this should be more about encouraging more activity player wise in the section and maybe attract new players. That's why my previous suggestion was about rewarding people for games they sign up for and actually play. I think any rewards that may interfere with games (post count making people spam or possibly even Player of the Month making people try too hard and not just have fun) would be tricky. I don't think rewards are worth possibly changing the way games go here as I think we have a pretty good system as is.

I personally like the idea of user titles over signature badges or something. User titles seem more official and everyone sees those. However, signatures you can either disable or just straight up don't see on mobile.

I am firmly against offering incentives for playing mafia, as it kind of ruins what people are playing mafia for
people should be playing mafia for the game, not for some gimmicky title or status on the site
I would maybe be able to live with something like rewarding people for playing a certain number of games without replacing out & always making 10 posts every day phase (sounds like a pain in the ass to keep track of though)

I don't think I am able to move from this position, honestly

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
There are 2 ideas kind of dispersed throughout this thread that I like
Mafia awards;
player spotlights

For the former, I've always enjoyed superlatives (TWiGgy awards as I called 'em) but if we specifically are looking for badges, I would say a rank advancement type badge of # of games played would be simple and cool (with a caveat that if the player wasn't active/replaced out then they don't get the progress for that badge)

RE: Player of the Month- I think it would be fun if a player was intermittently chosen to be interviewed in the context of mafia or something (monthly might be fine) and just had this sort of player spotlight that existed to help get to know certain players better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom