• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia: Lineages Sign Ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
MLSpalsh.jpg

Welcome to Mafia: Lineages!
This is some wack idea I want to try out, inspired by life, and video games. This will be a semi-open Mini game. I'm looking for 13 players, but can do with 10-12.

A little bit about this game:
Each player will not be assigned a role, but rather a lineage, or a 'House'. Each House has a set of roles which will be unknown to others. Every player has a unique lineage with unique roles attached to it. You will be assigned a certain role as it pertains to your House each Day phase by the mod. One day you may be one role, and another day you may be another. This is based on chance but your chance of switching roles each day is weighted equally.

With these houses also comes role modifiers in the form of traits. You will have positive traits, and you will have negative traits. Everyone starts on equal footing and every traits is weighted equally. You will be given two modifiers each night phase chosen at random by a RNG. As a trait gets picked, it has a greater percentage chance of being picked again. As other traits get chosen by the RNG, the ones not picked will start to regress. This is to mimic hereditary traits in nature as I will flavour each Day/Night cycle to last a generation in the epic struggle between families and Houses. Just like in life, traits in the current generation will be weighted favourably, but you will always have a chance to gain other traits regardless of which ones you were given the previous generation (Day/Night cycle). There will be a chance at mutations of traits.

I'll explain in more detail, and talk numbers, percentages and openly share the trait modifiers in the game thread when it starts.

Edit: This may sound like an RNG fest, but the role distribution is fairly well balanced, and there are no crazy dreaming god joat hybrid roles. The RNG forces you to not rely on your role as its modifiers and the role itself will change.

As stated above, I'd like 13 players. I could do with a few replacements too.

Players
1. Pendio
2. Dekunut

3. Storm
4. A Link in Time
5. Malon

6. Toxic Snowman
7. Jamie
8. Kokirion
9. LittleGumball

10. Johnny Sooshi
11. Ver-go-a-go-go
12. Mido
13. PokaLink

Replacements:
Tristan
Soul

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think I'll be able to actively participate in 2 games rn, and my own game is coming up soon anyway, so I won't be signing up for this one. I love the unique setup and the cool mechanics though, so I'll definitely be following this game, so for that reason, I would like to sign up as a replacement. I'll step in if you find yourself needing another player too! ^^

Just like Tristan, I don't see myself keeping track of two separate games, but I love the concept, and hereby sign up as a replacement. Who knows, I might get killed early in the current game which would free me up to play in this one. :) *edit* Not saying I want that to happen, don't get any funny ideas you bastards. :mad:

Last edited:
Seems some people are becoming replacements because they will be in two games at the same time. Lol, soon as this starts I'll be playing three games at once :P

Also, this game seems like a really fun and unique sort of game, and I look forward to playing it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Just like Tristan, I don't see myself keeping track of two separate games, but I love the concept, and hereby sign up as a replacement. Who knows, I might get killed early in the current game which would free me up to play in this one. :) *edit* Not saying I want that to happen, don't get any funny ideas you bastards. :mad:
*Rubs hands together evilly*

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Tempting.. But isnt this considered talking outside game about game?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Since this is a small game, I think I can probably keep up with this despite the champions game. So I would like to sign up, if that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom