• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Well since I'm being rv-ed right now I have no reasonable way to defend myself. I'm really sorry for being inactive, and I promise to be active in the future. I'm really unsure how I can defend myself from an RV.

I almost snuck a soft claim in my original post but I thought it would be way to obvious and everyone would get upset that I did.

I promise I'll post more substance once my next class get's out, but I really can't right now, so please don't hammer me before then.

I can claim if you guys really want me to, I really didn't want to even bring up my role because I think doing so is absolutely stupid as well. Ultimately that's my fault, if I would have been more active this day then you guy's wouldn't have rv-ed me, and town wouldn't be at risk of losing what I think is an important role. I'm honestly really sorry guy's, but there's nothing more I can really do in this situation. I know inactivity can be inherently scummy, but If someone starts trying to talk you shouldn't instantly kill them. I can be active and will be if that's what it takes to be town.

I really don't see why you want to kill me because I'm promoting a claiming culture, because I'm not. I literally just said I'm not a vanilla, which I don't even know if we have in this game. I could very well be Mafia, " I have an important role " are 5 words that any player could type. I think killing inactive players is a very valid tactic, so as much as I want to say it's a reckless tactic, I think you guys have the right idea.

Maybe my death is for the best honestly, why? Because through the votes that have been casted on me, town can draw better conclusions and actually get this game moving. Or, we can accept I'm town, and start looking through lead's from there. It's just hard to doing or say anything with how little has happened so far.

This post is pretty bad, but I don't have time to clean it since I'm already late to my next class.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@PokaLink its not because youre promoting claiming culture, but because if we dont ever lynch people as soon as they say they have an important role, then thats just a get out of lynch free card.

I agree with Jamie. I haven't fully read up on what's been going on in here yet, and am not going to vote on this day because I don't feel like I can make a well informed choice. Also hi @Storm-sama, did you miss me? :)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
@PokaLink its not because youre promoting claiming culture, but because if we dont ever lynch people as soon as they say they have an important role, then thats just a get out of lynch free card.

Exactly, claiming is a fine mechanic because you have no reason to believe me, and if I or someone else explicitly stated what role they had they'd be at risk at night. However, I still think you should still take me seriously.

Its alright Pokalink, just claim Doctor and theyll leave you alone XD.

It's way too early for me or anyone else to claim they have an important role, it would just lead to a mafia kill, or forcing selective protecting too early in the game. (So please don't kill me so I don't have to say what role I have lmao).

lmfao did you even read the last few posts

I was trying to do a little bit of petty sarcasm, guess it didn't work lmao.

I do agree with Kokirion (and Jamie, he posted while I was typing), the only people who have fakeclaimed (to my knowledge) are Crusader, Pendio, and Kokirion, except for the cases where mafia roleblocker has claimed to be town roleblocker. This claiming culture is annoying and it takes all the fun out of the game.

This is supposed to be a mind game, not figure out who is which role and then lynch the rest of the players through process of elimination. That's not fun for anybody. If you get lynched then you were obviously playing scummy and that's your fault, it's not fair to just be all "oh but i'm important :uwu:" and expect people to stop voting.

What lmao, because r-ving is totally a valid mind game, you had to try so hard to find a target. It's really fun when people decide to kill you for no valid reason, honestly a joy.

Little salty at this bandwagon, particularly annoyed how quickly Jamie and LG have jumped to kill me. Even if you don't like claiming it would still be incredibly silly and petty to kill me for that reason alone. When you vote for an inactive you pressure them to start talking, I'm trying to talk know, so didn't you achieve your goal?

Sorry, I'm getting way too distracted, I'm going to try and start reading the old posts again.

Pen

The game is on!
Maybe my death is for the best honestly, why? Because through the votes that have been casted on me, town can draw better conclusions and actually get this game moving. Or, we can accept I'm town, and start looking through lead's from there. It's just hard to doing or say anything with how little has happened so far.

Never can I fully accept that anyone is Town unless they are either mod confirmed or dead. And what leads would we gain from trusting you?

Little salty at this bandwagon, particularly annoyed how quickly Jamie and LG have jumped to kill me. Even if you don't like claiming it would still be incredibly silly and petty to kill me for that reason alone. When you vote for an inactive you pressure them to start talking, I'm trying to talk know, so didn't you achieve your goal?

So suggest some other lynch candidates yourself then. ;)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
My suggestion is that we try to break this. If we don't we'll be done for before we know it.
If the mafia has 3 members, they only need to kill 5 more townies before they win the game. If today a townie will be lynched, and tonight one killed, they only need tomorrow and the day after to win. Furthermore, if one townie/third party gains a killing ability as well (assuming the current killer IS mafia) and hits wrong once, the mafia only needs to survive TOMORROW to win this game. Hence, if tomorrow becomes another repeat of day 1 it's over. They would solely need to manipulate everyone just enough to avoid getting lynched themselves.

Exactly, it's important to stay rational.

As you said Kokirion in your first post, I appear to be town. For that reason it's important to be smart and not kill someone based on RV if they actually start talking and risk thinning the town even more. Killing nobody is better then killing another town in such a small game.

Storm's little bit on ALiT doesn't strike me as too scummy. I doubt he would get much out of it, and I doubt he was thinking so far ahead as roping in ALiT to his scum buddy circle. I think it was more an attempt to stay active.

I'm kind of annoyed you dismissed Mido so easily and not me. Mido literally said the exact same thing as me in his first post, but with even more detail. I tried to stay as vague as possible with my claim; Mido even said he has a night ability with nice modifiers, and you guy's didn't question him at all. In fact you even encouraged him to tell me more details about his role.

I'd really like to hear some input from some of the other player's, and not more of LG and Jamie (no offence).

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
What lmao, because r-ving is totally a valid mind game, you had to try so hard to find a target. It's really fun when people decide to kill you for no valid reason, honestly a joy.

That's part of the game. Pick someone to kill and see how hard they flounder, and judging by this reaction right here I'm starting to doubt that you're town.

except i've literally unvoted you? why are you picking on me when I unvoted for you and I literally brought up the mido thing and said I was willing to give you a chance?

And no, I won't stop posting my opinion, because that's how you play the game :) (also apparently tagging people does nothing to promote activity, only voting does. hmmm hmmm)

Pen

The game is on!
As you said Kokirion in your first post, I appear to be town. For that reason it's important to be smart and not kill someone based on RV if they actually start talking and risk thinning the town even more. Killing nobody is better then killing another town in such a small game.

I am honestly not getting any specific Town vibes from you at all. The desperate way in which you keep wanting everybody to trust you really worries me. And you also keep calling the votes on you RV. This is not entirely true since you were picked from a handful of inactive players. You could have avoided this situation altogether, and now (at least to me), your reaction to all of this is pretty interesting. Your desperation looks more scummy to me than anything else.

Unvote

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Never can I fully accept that anyone is Town unless they are either mod confirmed or dead. And what leads would we gain from trusting you?

So suggest some other lynch candidates yourself then. ;)

I mean, if there was an obvious or even slightly scummy candidate we probably wouldn't be r-ving, would we.

If I had to go off of gut feeling I would say Jamie, active enough to hide in the town, but also pursing baseless lynches in a game with such few town. However, according to other's this is Jamie's play style anyway, so I can't say much about it.

I also feel LG being active doesn't make her town, it just makes her a good Mafia player. I don't like that so many of you are chasing down other's for posting nothing of substance while posting nothing yourself.

Another weird feeling I'm getting is from storm, whether it be the way he trusted ALiT, the way he jumps along bandwagons, or the fact the his posts are only a couple words, I feel like Storm is trying hard to be town but just isn't doing or saying anything significant, he seems to be posting just for the sake of it. He also suggests killing Vera after he asks for a replacement, and jokes that I should claim doctor. Nothing he has said is over a sentence, and nothing he's said has been new or insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom