• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Game Queue

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
also i have a suggestion for getting games up quicker

how my old site did it when we had a queue is people could reserve a slot whenever they wanted to be put on the queue, and then whenever their game was finished and they were ready to run it they could report that in the queue thread. Game that were ready to run were listed in green and games that had spots reserved but weren't read to run were uncoloured. Whenever it was time for a new game to launch, only people who had indicated that they were ready to host would be contacted, in the order that they reserved their slots.

This system or some variant of it should make the process of figuring out what game will launch next a lot quicker.

Additionally, whoever is responsible for figuring out what game launches next should probably start the process of confirming who will host next while the previous game is still running, probably once it seems like it might end sometime soon. (i don't currently know if there's even a person who does this)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Changes to the way the queue works:

From now on in addition to signing up for a spot in the queue in this thread you'll also need to post when your game is ready to host. Your game is considered ready to host as long as you expect to be able to post signups within a few days notice and start the game within a day of signups being filled.

Shortly after a game starts, We'll ask the player at the top of the queue who is also ready to host whether or not they're still willing/able to run their game after the current one ends. If they aren't, we'll go to the next player until someone is both ready and willing to host. They'll be asked to put their game into signups as soon as the currently running one ends.

Games which are on the queue and ready to host are listed in green.
The game which is scheduled to run next will be listed in yellow.

If there is any confusion about how this new system works, feel free to ask.

As a courtesy, I'll be pinging every player on the queue who has not indicated they are ready to host their game. If you still want to host your game you will be required to post in thread when you are ready to host your game. There is no time limit on this and your place in queue will not be affected, but you won't be asked to host until you make us aware that your game is ready to host.

@CynicalSquid
@Kirino
@Spooky Mask Salesman
@Zinger2099
@Dark Boo
@A Link In Time
@ChevyWerewolf30
@Johnny Sooshi
@DekuNut
@Mafia Host
@Stitches
@Macabre Ezlo