• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Game Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Since the old thread is getting super large and Viral Maze has been a bit inactive, I am posting a new thread for the Mafia Game and Mod Queue. I have been given permission to administer Mafia here on the forums and help things be organized. This post will be updated weekly with the correct information. The second post on this thread will be a set of rules, a checklist, and some resources for hosting your own game.

Current Queue

Listed in order of appearance.
  • Kokirion - Trapped in Koki's Lucid Dream
  • DekuNut/GoDarkLink - Team Fortress 2: Mann vs Machine (currently next, but due to number constraints will be on hold until ready)
  • Repentance - Super Smash Bros Mafia II
  • Mellow Ezlo - The Avengers
  • A Link in Time - Legend of Korra Book 3
  • Sadia - Les Misérables
  • Justac00lguy - Fallout Mafia
  • Johnny Sooshi - Goo Mafia
  • David - The Lord of the Rings
  • Linkdude74 - Star Fox Mafia
  • Musicfan/Linkdude - Modoka Magica (Must be moved down 2 or 3 positions if this game comes up 2 months before either December or May - tedious, but works)
  • Stitch - The Three Stooges
  • Viral Maze - Mafia: The Asylum
  • Pendio/Scarfed - Anime Mafia
Games on hold
  • Heroine of Time/fused_shadows - Zelda Games Mafia ON HOLD
(These games will be added to an appropriate place of the queue when the moderators get in touch with me and are able to mod their games.)

Current Games

Moderator Blacklist
[none]

Instructions to Replying to this Thread
  • Post your theme and co-mod.
  • Please keep replies related to this thread. Let's keep this thread clean and easy to follow.
Please follow this format when applying for a game:
[Sentence of Intention to Moderate a Game]
[Game Theme/Name]
[comod, if any]

Last edited:

David

Rules of the Queue:
  • 2 games at a time. (This rule is subject to change based on activity.)
  • You can only be in the queue for one game at a time. Once your game is finished, you may sign up another game/theme in the queue.
  • Don't call dibs on a plethora of themes. Keep it one at a time.
  • Keep all banter/spam to a minimum. All posts should be related to the queue. Makes it easier to sift through posts and figure out who's going next.
  • Post your theme, and your co-mod (if any) when you're signing up.
  • Inexperienced mods (modded under 2 games) are encouraged to have a co-mod with greater experience than their own.
  • Mods who purposely break their own rules, or games, to favor one side, or player, over the others, will be blacklisted from modding by the discretion of the community.
  • You may place your game in an "on hold status" if you wish, but after 6 months of being in the "on hold" list, the game will be removed and you will need to start at the bottom of the queue again. You may remove your game from the "on hold" status if you message me and are willing to moderate your game within 3 months from that contact.
  • If you are banned from the forums for longer than one month time, your game will be removed from the queue. When you return, you may reapply.
Modding Checklist: Before you post sign-ups, be sure to have these ready.
  • Set-up - Have a list ready with all the roles and factions in your game. You should also know exactly how many players you need, and be ready for having less than optimal number of players (be ready to scratch out roles but still maintain balance).
  • Resolution Rules - Have rules set for role/power resolution. Be prepared for complex role interactions (depending on your set-up) and have a method for resolution ready. Don't make it up on the spot, and make sure it keeps balance.
  • Open/Closed Setup - Beginners games are usually open setup (roles in the game are known to all). The regular games tend to closed setup (roles are unknown to the players as a whole).
  • Random.org - Use this website to assign players' roles or trigger percentage chance events/roles/powers. Or, flip a coin, or any other impartial method. Don't just assign roles to the people you like.
  • Word Document - For night actions, death lists, etc etc.
  • Skype, Quicktopic, or other communications - If you wish to have the Mafia speak in an open format, you may want to have these prepared for them as well. Other roles, factions, etc may also need these.
List of Helps

To come.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Two quick things
1) Are we keeping the "confirmed" things? The confirmations happened, like, six months ago.
2) You have Mafia the Gateting on both the list and current games
Not to be picky or anything

David

The queue has been updated to reflect the current state of membership and forums. Confirmed is no longer a status. I will get in contact with each member who comes next in the queue when a game is approaching the end to verify if they are ready for the next game. It is up to each moderator in the queue to be ready at a moments notice if they are towards the top.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
So um... since Fused is gone, I think I'm going to need a new co-mod. I really need someone who can help me finalize the set-up. I also might change my theme depending on how this goes... but you don't realy have to be familiar with the other theme to help out. I've already got basic set-ups. (My other themes are Danny Phantom or Wizard101 if you're interested.)

David

So um... since Fused is gone, I think I'm going to need a new co-mod. I really need someone who can help me finalize the set-up. I also might change my theme depending on how this goes... but you don't realy have to be familiar with the other theme to help out. I've already got basic set-ups. (My other themes are Danny Phantom or Wizard101 if you're interested.)

I'd be happy to help you. Add me on skype at percussivedave or PM me.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I am interested in helping out. Idk what it is but I enjoy modding more than playing
And then I get ninja'd :P

David

I'm forwarding a message from Pancake Samurai!

He wants to change his theme to Sword Art Online and his co-mod will be Eduarda. ^^

That information has been added. Does he wish to be placed back in the queue or remain in the "On Hold" category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom