• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Game and Mod Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Since the discussion stalled, I thought I'd just start this. Going over the discussion thread, here are some of the main rules/parameters everyone seemed to agree upon:

Rules of the Queue:
  • There are no more numbered or lettered games. Just games.
  • 2 games at a time.
  • You can only be in the queue for one game at a time. Once your game is finished, you may sign up another game/theme in the queue.
  • Don't call dibs on a plethora of themes. Keep it one at a time.
  • Keep all banter/spam to a minimum. All posts should related to the queue. Makes it easier to sift through posts and figure out who's going next.
  • Post your theme, and your co-mod (if any) when you're signing up.
  • Inexperienced mods (modded under 2 games) are encouraged to have a co-mod with greater experience than their own.
  • Mods were purposely break their own rules, or games, to favour one side, or player, over the others, will be blacklisted from modding by the discretion of the community.

There is no need for a rigid sign up form, just state your intent to mod, your theme (bolded would be nice), your co-mod, and if you need a consultant to go over your set-up, ask for one in thread. The difference between a co-mod and a consultant (where I used to play), is that a co-mod is your back up incase you can't come online to moderate your game. Consultants only go over your set-up and checks for balance (they don't help you mod, or anything, just tell you if your game might be too one-sided, or swingy).

That said, you may also post your intent to be a co-mod in here.

Mod Blacklist
- None

I'm sure I forgot some things, but we can just edit that stuff in and make it look real nice and pretty. That said, feel free to start signups now.
I know certain people were in talks with Axle to mod numbered games, or planned on modding lettered games, so if you are one of these people and your set-up is already done, I believe its best for those people to go first. If not, first come, first serve!

Current Queue (Mod/Co-mod)
  • Atticus/Odd300 - Shingeki no Kyojin [CONFIRMED] ON HOLD
  • Big Octo/LittleGumball - Nazi [CONFIRMED] ON HOLD
  • Pancake Samurai- Fallout New Vegas [CONFIRMED] ON HOLD
  • Kokirion - Hetalia: The Second World Conference [CONFIRMED] ON HOLD
  • Linkdude74 - Mafia the Gathering: Planechase [CONFIRMED]
  • Pendio - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [CONFIRMED]
  • Heroine of Time/fused_shadows - Zelda Games Mafia [CONFIRMED]
  • DekuNut/GoDarkLink - Team Fortress 2: Mann vs Machine [CONFIRMED]
  • Thareous - XenoBlade [CONFIRMED]
  • fused_shadows - Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide Mafia
  • Mido - Beginners
  • Repentance - Super Smash Bros Mafia II
  • Mellow Ezlo - Pokemon Generation II
  • A Link in Time - Legend of Korra Book 3

Modding Checklist: Before you post sign-ups, be sure to have these ready.
  • Set-up - Have a list ready with all the roles and factions in your game. You should also know exactly how many players you need, and be ready for having less than optimal number of players (be ready to scratch out roles but still maintain balance).
  • Resolution Rules - Have rules set for role/power resolution. Be prepared for complex role interactions (depending on your set-up) and have a method for resolution ready. Don't make it up on the spot, and make sure it keeps balance.
  • Open/Closed Setup - Beginners games are usually open setup (roles in the game are known to all). The regular games tend to closed setup (roles are unknown to the players as a whole).
  • Random.org - Use this website to assign players' roles or trigger percentage chance events/roles/powers. Or, flip a coin, or any other impartial method. Don't just assign roles to the people you like.
  • Word Document - For night actions, death lists, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pen

The game is on!
'Hoy, I'd like to mod a game. I haven't modded any games online before but I have modded numerous games offline. I don't think I need a co-mod, but a consultant might be nice (it's not necessary though). Also, I don't need to be first up. If others have been waiting longer, then they can go first. My set-up is organized though, so my body is ready!

Theme: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
YES YES YES!

Theme: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I have no experience modding, but I learn fast. I've had mafia experience before, so I understand how things work. I've already worked several kinks out and plan to have Heroine of Time as my co-mod. She hasn't had mod experience either, but she also learns quite quickly. I'm open to suggestions for potential/additional co-mods or consultants. Also, I wouldn't mind modding a beginner's game either, but the roles I have in mind are usually seen in advanced games.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I don't see why someone would..?

I'm going snag a Mass Effect themed mafia.
Also, Pendio, I'd advise starting sign-ups whenever you're ready.

Edit: Switching my theme to Halo

Last edited:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
i'll try it again. i'll need a co-mod. i can only begin after the end of may, when summer break starts

Walking Dead Mafia

EDIT: scratch the co-mod. a consultant is exactly what i need

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'll sign up for a Lord of the Rings themed Mafia. I haven't forum modded before, so I'm willing to have some advice from a co-mod, or at least some advice on my set up (when I finish it).

EDIT: Found a co-mod. Viral will be helping me, so it's good.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I've modded one game before, although I kind of mucked it up at the end as I forgot my serial killer. But I'd like to give it another go; practice makes perfect. :) So I guess I should have a co-mod, anybody want to be my co-mod? Much appreciated. :> And darn you Keeseman, you stole my theme! XD Well I guess I'll have to have another theme. Hrmm... I will do a Harry Potter theme. And if any experienced mods want to look at my set up I'll PM you so you can see how I'm doin'. :>

EDIT: LittleGumball has volunteered to be my co-mod, so I'm covered now. ;)

EDIT2: I'm doing a specific Harry Potter movie/book, the Prisoner of Askaban is my final theme. :>

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I want to host a beginner's mafia. (Beginner's game for a beginner's host. ^^) I will have had a little bit of experience co-hosting with Rainy, and I enjoy mafia despite all the stress it causes, so I want to do a theme based on something I love(d). Marching band! (it sounds lame, I know, but I have roles that totally fit descriptions and stuff. :3 And it sounded like a good beginner's theme to me instead of just plain old MEH mafia or Advanced mafia with like 50 different roles.)

EDIT: Oh dear puppies, I forgot to ask for a co-mod. XD

LATE EDIT: My co-mod is D_H :3

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I've been interested in hosting one for a while and had talked to Austin about doing Lettered Mafia before the new system, so here goes.

I'd like to do a mafia game themed off of Scrubs, the TV show. I'm new to modding but not to playing, having been in several games since my joining of this site. Of course I'm accepting of anyone who wants to co-mod cause the help is certainly welcome (preferably someone familiar with Scrubs, though I can handle someone who isn't). I can host a beginners game or an advanced game, it doesn't matter. The roles I have in mind are more advanced but I can go fewer characters and more basic roles as well. It's entirely up to scheduling so I now leave my submission in your hands.

EDIT: I will make a blog post asking for a co-mod to see if there are any takers and then get back to you on this.

EDIT: Rainy has agreed to Co-Mod this with me so I now have a co-mod.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Hmmm.

I am a noob to mafia and I've never modded a game before so let's get this train wreck started. :right:

I think I should start off with a beginner's mafia if I can. I have some roles in mind but I'd like to have an experienced co-mod to help me out. The theme will be Fallout, like the videogame series by Interplay/Bethesda.

If I need to give more information tell me. ^-^

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I know I already signed up for MLP Mafia, and I really want to stick with that, but can I claim another theme? I'd really like to claim a Body Parts themed Mafia game. Where players are either healthy organs or deadly diseases. I have no problem with doing this theme after everyone else has gone, but I was just wondering if I could claim this theme in advanced. I'd really appreciate it if I could. :)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The thread isn't jam packed with requests, or anything so sure, I don't see why not. I doubt anyone else will have a problem with it.

Edit: I've switched my theme to Transformers, so Mass Effect, and Halo are up for grabs (though if anyone wishes to do them, I'd like to co-mod :) ), and I cleaned up the queue, so it's now current.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I would Like to do a Radiant Historia Mafia game. How ever I need a CO-mod. I Also Need a small bit of time to work out The roles but not much more time. I just wanted to claim a theme right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom