• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Austin
A majority decided, the survivors of the crash and those hiding among them moved in for the kill. PokaLink, realizing that resistance was futile, did not bother to fight. He dropped to his knees and allowed the lightsaber to swiftly end his existence. As the body fell to the ground, the illusion dropped and his identity became clear.

PokaLink was Mical, a Jedi ally!

The group backed away from the corpse, wondering what consequences their decision would bring.

- The Dead -
PokaLink - Mical (lynched Day 1)

- Remaining Players -
1) Zenox
2) Xinnamin
3) Josh
4) Kazumi
5) Erebea
6) Raindrop14
7) Thareous
8) Darknut_Hunter
9) Kybyrian
10) A Link In Time
11) Dracomajora
12) Pendio
13) Rachel
14) Viral Maze
15) TheMasterSword
16) Keeseman
17) Durion
18) PK Flash
19) GirlWithAFairy

THE DAY PERIOD IS OVER IT IS NOW NIGHT

No more posting may take place in this thread until the next day period begins. If you have a night role, please get in contact with me as soon as possible so we can get the next day rolling as quick as possible.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Wait, are you implying we should be cautious in case of a Jester? It's pretty much concrete that a jester will never be in play in any mafia game at ZD. Especially in lettered mafia. (Smilie mafia? idk)

I think you're reading too much into my post.. Or not enough. I can't be sure.

Austin

Austin
While everyone is supposed to be asleep, a lone figure is about, intent on making a kill. It stalks its target to a secluded location, and peers down its scope to make its kill. Its digit rests on the trigger, but right before it can pull it, it processes three red lines of light training down at his head.

"Statement: Apparently I'm not the only one out for blood tonight."
"Bemused Retort: If we had orders to take you out, you'd be scrap before you could realize."
"Inquiry: Are you saying that you don't intend to deactivate me at this present time?"
"Threatening Answer: That is correct, key word being, at this present time."

All three laser sights turned off, and its mark had moved on. The machine processed that it would have to give up for tonight.

Meanwhile, during this confrontation, one of the sleeping humans died suddenly. In the morning when the rest of them awoke, this was quickly discovered. What peturbed the survivors more than the fact that he had died, was that there were no visible signs of death. It was as if the life, or the Force, had simply been drained out of him. The illusion having long since faded, his identification wasn't difficult.

Kybyrian was Atton Rand, the Jedi Sleuth.

- The Dead -
PokaLink - Mical, the Jedi Ally (lynched Day 1)
Kybyrian - Atton Rand, the Jedi Sleuth (nightkilled Night 1)

- Remaining Players -
1) Zenox
2) Xinnamin
3) Josh
4) Kazumi
5) Erebea
6) Raindrop14
7) Thareous
8) Darknut_Hunter
9) A Link In Time
10) Dracomajora
11) Pendio
12) Rachel
13) Viral Maze
14) TheMasterSword
15) Keeseman
16) Durion
17) PK Flash
18) GirlWithAFairy

The day ends on Thursday, January 24th at 8 PM EST. Good luck.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
So uh...one roleblock and one successful kill of the cop I guess. Uh....someone more knowledgeable in star wars lore can figure out if that was a mafia kill or some other role.

A LINK IN TIME IS HK-50, THE SERIAL KILLER

I feel as though role claiming is the only way to remove this threat.

I am the Jedi Assassin. Seeing as most roles are renamed in this game, it's essentially the Vigilante.

I targetted A Link in Time, and it would seem that I targetted another of a similar model. This would explain why I withdrew my kill.

Given the events described in the night, it would seem as though my target survived because he was a nightkill immune role, rather than me being blocked, or ALIT being healed. It would seem as though, via the description, I withdrew my kill myself.

ALIT is the Serial Killer. The only way to kill him is via a lynch. I suggest we all band together to kill him.

EBWODP: forgot to vote

VOTE: A Link in Time

EBWODP unless something happens: Doctor, tonight I'll be targetted for sure. I ask that you heal me, and heal me for the rest of the game unless a reason presents itself.

EBOWDP3: I speculate that the reason there was no kill by him is that he probably didn't get his night kill to Austin in time, or perhaps he's a poisoner. Either way, he didn't kill and this I can only speculate for.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Forgot to mention that you need ten for a majority vote. Just so you all know the rules of what constitutes a majority haven't changed.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
kk Zenox, let's say you're right. Then what happened to ALIT's nightkill target =O

gdi Zenox stop making so many edits I can't even see them

I'm going to assume Austin is being an ******* and Slueth = Cop.

Which sucks.

A LINK IN TIME IS HK-50, THE SERIAL KILLER

I feel as though role claiming is the only way to remove this threat.

I am the Jedi Assassin. Seeing as most roles are renamed in this game, it's essentially the Vigilante.

I targetted A Link in Time, and it would seem that I targetted another of a similar model. This would explain why I withdrew my kill.

Given the events described in the night, it would seem as though my target survived because he was a nightkill immune role, rather than me being blocked, or ALIT being healed. It would seem as though, via the description, I withdrew my kill myself.

ALIT is the Serial Killer. The only way to kill him is via a lynch. I suggest we all band together to kill him.

EBWODP: forgot to vote

VOTE: A Link in Time

EBWODP unless something happens: Doctor, tonight I'll be targetted for sure. I ask that you heal me, and heal me for the rest of the game unless a reason presents itself.

EBOWDP3: I speculate that the reason there was no kill by him is that he probably didn't get his night kill to Austin in time, or perhaps he's a poisoner. Either way, he didn't kill and this I can only speculate for.

This makes me feel nostalgic of when Kazumi raped me with his kill all Vigilante post in Pokemafia which just destroyed me.

That is, if this post is really as damning as you make it seem.

kk Zenox, let's say you're right. Then what happened to ALIT's nightkill target =O

Answer me this Zenox, and I will vest (most) of my faith in you.

I have been keeping notes. I shall quote (without giving away who I am, as it's against the rules) from my notes, and make an analysis on why I selected to kill ALIT, and why I am certain he is HK-50 specifically, and why he is the Serial Killer.

First mention of A Link in Time doesn't specifically mention him as being suspicious, but rather is a list of people who could possibly be scum.

What I believe:

It is extraordinarily unlikely that Pokalink is a member of the mafia, given the statement above. (Conjecture here, Austin has said I cannot repeat the statement above. It was something he said that I assume he regrets telling us. I can't say any specifics to the note itself, so I guess trust is all I can hope for.)
The previous statement would lead me to believe that at least two individuals who are voting for Pokalink are in fact mafia members. These members have been noted for later reference. Italics is believed to not be a position of power. Bold is confirmed member of the Mafia. Conjecture: There are no bold, this list was to be modified later
Kybyrian, Josh, PK Flash, Kazumi, Durion, A Link In Time, Zenox.

Those I italicized were italicized simply because I had never played a game (that I can recall) with them, which would explain why ALIT is among them. The rest are in Austin (and I's) close group of Skype friends, and most, if not all, are somewhat exceptional at Mafia. Btw, my usage of the word "mafia" is more correctly defined as "scum", simply anyone against the town.

The second mention of ALIT is specific suspicion. Allow me to quote what I am talking about here.

Personally I think that because Pokalink isn't on (and is bound to be a less active member of this game) that if he slips under pressure, it won't happen for a little while.

I'd vote for Wyatt given that he has votes and is normally extremely active, but then again, Wyatt is normally a mafia Mastermind and wouldn't slip under pressures such as RVSing.

Keeseman, unless I'm proven otherwise, I think won't be all that active either. So I'm going to start my own RVS train.

UNVOTE
VOTE: JOSH

Then posted five minutes later (between my post and a post from Xindi that adds very little, no offense :|) is this

I'm not sure why Zenox picked Josh but I doubt PokaLink will be online anytime soon. He's not too active. Best to pressure someone else.

Unvote
Vote: Josh

Here is the excerpt from my notes. Included is my reasonings behind my post for context.

Pokalink is bound to not be very active. In addition to this, even if he were to slip under pressure, he is not currently present, so it might be some time before we get results. While Kybyrian also has votes, previous experiences with him lead me to believe he will not slip under pressure. This has led me to turn my attentions towards the member known as Josh. When directly accused, Josh tends to start commotion. While this is a risky move, it is the only way to get investigations started.

A Link in Time was very quick to join my crusade to get Josh to speak. He notably only rephrased my logic rather than adding his own. This behavior is suspicious. He has been added to my list of questionables.

Josh I'm sorry for my comments :( I felt it a good way to get stuff started. I mean no offense by them. My notes accurately summarize everything I feel about this. It's nothing exceptional, just noteworthy.

This doesn't add much, but it explains why I didn't bring my suspicions forward sooner. (Note these are my personal notes, so none of these are lies or pre-prepared simply for this)

Doing a cross examination, it is likely the way I went about seeking to get Josh to speak might have led Josh to keep his cool in this scenario. I won’t back down, as I see no harm in continuing until more promising leads present themselves. Bringing up A Link In Time might look like I had prepared a trap. Not to mention the evidence is weak at best.

Yeah, my statement "I won't back down, as I see no harm in continuing until more promising leads present themselves." is basically just saying, that unvoting for Josh so quickly with no real reason behind them would look bad. I had thought about voting for him after the fact (this was before he posted) and felt as though I selected a poor person. This is just clarifying that my whole purpose wasn't to see who would bite so I can throw them under the bus.

Not evidence, but during my research of possible anti-town roles, I predicted HK-50 as the serial killer. Just saying tolja so before it's proven. It can also be used to cross reference the Night Scene.

HK-50, the assassin droid that attempted to kill the player at the beginning of the game, is potentially a serial killer. I think it's unlikely a serial killer is in this game, tbh.

My next mention of A Link in Time is just another questionable act, nothing all that concrete. He is the only person that I noted having questionable acts, and he piled on quite a few. Here's the post in question first, then my notes on them.

Under a high stress situation, peoples' logic break down as they revert to basic nature. I see your spelling and grammar errors as an indication of your uneasiness; at the very least you're not providing a compelling argument, Poka.

A Link in Time has made yet another notable remark. Pokalink’s speaking syntax is notably poor. A Link in Time made the extraordinarily terrible observation that this must be him becoming too nervous to think before he acts. A Link in Time is still a low priority target, but his suspicions grow steadily by the minute. I might consider removing him at nightfall. He isn’t attracting much attention regardless and his potential for a useful role is low.

I'll admit Pokalink has always had just awful grammar, but in no way is this ever evidence as to why someone is scum. It's more of a personal (not in-mafia) character flaw rather than evidence. I mean honestly.

This one is just confirming he can't be the doublevoter

One less than the required number of voters to seal the deal have voted. This means that I can confirm a select number of individuals do not have the ability for their vote to count for more than it’s worth. These members are Kybyrian, Josh, PK Flash, Kazumi, Durion, Erebea, Xinnamin, A Link In Time, and Keeseman.

Post in question then my notes. I honestly don't know what to think of this.

We still have five players yet to post. I'd rather see their say before lynching Poka.

A longer day is always better for the town too.

For now,

Unvote

Curious. Just as Poka was about to be voted off, A Link in Time retracted his vote, opting for a longer day. Confirmation bias is telling me that this is A Link in Time intentionally being a ****.

It's beyond me why he wouldn't want to get someone that is confirmed against him out of the way. I guess gathering some notes for him could be beneficial in the long run, but I just have no idea what to think.

My notes are in character (because I'm bored) I have omitted anything overly revealing (as requested by Austin) but just explaining that. Here's my note on selecting ALIT to kill.

I am shutting down temporarily to preserve my energy for my assassinations tonight. (This was me saying I was going to bed irl) While Pokalink has not been officially confirmed to be our kill, it is more than likely he will be selected. I have decided to assassinate A Link in Time tonight. We will see if I made the right choice.

I wasn't certain at this point that ALIT was scum, but I felt a kill that I believed had low potential for a powerful role (my quote that I wasn't allowed to share explains this further, sorry I can't elaborate) was better than no kill at all.

And here are the notes I compiled of the nightscene. During the note taking process is when I realized ALIT was the serial killer. I'll quote what I'm talking about directly from the nightscene as I talk about it.

It would seem as though A Link in Time had survived the break in his neck. It pains me to know I have failed, though this brings up many opportunities for investigation purposes. Perhaps A Link in Time possesses the unnatural ability to survive such blows and another blow would do him in. If this is the case, he is likely an ally. Perhaps, though another source is keeping him alive, this being the Force those Jedi talk about.

This is implying I believe him to be either a Bulletproof townie (requires two deaths to die, or a strongman to murder him) or that I thought he could be nightkill immune (though at the time I figured he was the Godfather, though honestly I doubted it too. I hadn't read the nightscene in its entirety at this time)

Given the events described from the night previous, it would seem the reason A Link in Time failed to fall is that he is a Droid, but not just any droid, (omitted to comply with the no nameclaiming rule) refus[ing] to allow me to kill him. Though I feel as though he will not give me the same compassion.

While everyone is supposed to be asleep, a lone figure is about, intent on making a kill. It stalks its target to a secluded location, and peers down its scope to make its kill. Its digit rests on the trigger, but right before it can pull it, it processes three red lines of light training down at his head.

"Statement: Apparently I'm not the only one out for blood tonight."
"Bemused Retort: If we had orders to take you out, you'd be scrap before you could realize."
"Inquiry: Are you saying that you don't intend to deactivate me at this present time?"
"Threatening Answer: That is correct, key word being, at this present time."

All three laser sights turned off, and its mark had moved on. The machine processed that it would have to give up for tonight.

This scene is a conversation between me and ALIT. ALIT is obviously an HK droid by the speech patterns alone. For reference, I speak first, then ALIT. ALIT is the one stating that I am safe only at the present time. This is implying that he is nightkill immune and not me. (Being the Vigilante rather than another nightkilling role) This is what confirmed in my mind that he was HK-50. I have reason to believe he is not HK-47 (hopefully it's painfully obvious) and the main reason is that HK-50 attempted to kill the player at the beginning of KOTOR2, but wasn't an ally of the Sith (who judging also by the nightscene, are the obvious Mafia)

to make it easier to read, I'll edit the nightscene to clarify who is speaking further.

Zenox - Statement: Apparently I'm not the only one out for blood tonight.
ALIT - Bemused Retort: If we had orders to take you out, you'd be scrap before you could realize.
Zenox - Inquiry: Are you saying that you don't intend to deactivate me at this present time?
ALIT - Threatening Answer: That is correct, key word being, at this present time.

And there you have it. Any questions?

EBWODP:
Answer me this Zenox, and I will vest (most) of my faith in you.

I assume Xindi posted after refreshing to see my EBWODP. Honestly I have no concrete reason to explain why he didn't kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom