• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazumi

chagy
I'm not quite so sure that we can trust SoL's scum list. After all, HoT was lynched last night, and he turned up town. However, I still think it's worth looking into the other people on the list. They could just as well be scum. I also think that it's important to have a goal for the town today, and this would make a good one.

I'm not quite so sure that we can trust SoL's scum list. After all, HoT was lynched last night, and he turned up town. However, I still think it's worth looking into the other people on the list. They could just as well be scum. I also think that it's important to have a goal for the town today, and this would make a good one.

One way we can do that, if you're still set on that, is if we watch them to see if they make a slip-up.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
So it looks like the mafia killed MK9, Vig killed HoT, and 3rd party killed THP. It looks like we're dealing with more than one third party here. Justeazy and now this. It's possible that there is a cult or a classic Sk. I don't know much about Pokemon but is there 3 people who fight for power? If so there might candidates like last round.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I assume it was the vig (Ash as it's been suggested) was the one role blocked on Night 1. I'm going to also assume that that was done by a town blocker, or that the target was nightkill/investigative immune. It sounds like it was the killer that was being targeted there with the added info from night 2. That or a cop was role blocked, who was targeted should be kept in mind. (Roleblocker, Vig/cop) But be careful not to reveal yourselves :/

Also just in case no one has a link to it, here is the mafia wiki role list:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Roles

It's Paul. Scroll down the page until you get to the section that is listed as "With Reggie". Kybyrian's been clever here, he's not used the pokemon that appear in Paul's first team, he used the pokemon that are Paul's reserve pokemon. If you look, he has a Weavile and a Gliscor. Weavile is obviously the pokemon that uses the Ice Punch attack on what is Lance's Dragonite (which makes sense since Weavile is a powerful Physical Sweeper). Gliscor is obviously the winged pokemon from the first night and the purple pokemon from last night. I'm assuming that Paul is a Serial Killer since he's listed as being Ash's rival, who is probably the Vigilante.
Hmm I would say that that would be a nice touch to have Ash's rival as the Killer and on the flip side Ash as Vig. Though this post of yours make me think a little. Are you really familiar with Paul's character and Pokemon? Or is it kinda obvious who it would be to most people who play the games? (anyone else reading this can you guys give your input) Thought I should ask before I start having more paranoid speculations going rampant in my head. :/

Zenox said:
You didn't catch the Red Gyarados. You went to find out what was causing the Magikarp to evolve at the Lake of Rage, and Gold captured/defeated the Red Gyarados.
I took this right off the wiki page "After being forced to evolve by an experiment of Team Rocket, this Gyarados went rampage around until Lance managed to capture it."
I love Gyarados who ever killed THP is going to pay D:

@green goron,
Personally I am undecided if Justeazy was on his own or part of a third-party group :/ Could be both.

I'm not sure that debating which roles correspond to the theme is that helpful. Yes there is probably a vig, SK and the mafia. That's about as much useful info as can be gleaned. Debating whether or not the Pikachu is owned by Ash is not in the slightest bit going to help us hunt scum.

Kazumi

chagy
I assume it was the vig (Ash as it's been suggested) was the one role blocked on Night 1. I'm going to also assume that that was done by a town blocker, or that the target was nightkill/investigative immune. It sounds like it was the killer that was being targeted there with the added info from night 2. That or a cop was role blocked, who was targeted should be kept in mind. (Roleblocker, Vig/cop) But be careful not to reveal yourselves :/

I don't know what it was, but I got the feeling that the role block on Night 1 was the vig trying to take down someone. I think that the someone is the Godfather. It is clearly seen in the description that there is no other intervention from anyone else, meaning it's not a Role Block. I also get the feeling from the way that it was described that it was a good-type guy (vig) going after a really evil and menacing guy (the GF), who we know is immune to NKs. Traditionally anyway.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
He orders his Pokémon to attack, but the man he's targeting seems to know he's coming. He breaks into a run and flies into the alley next to him. As the attacker rounds the corner, a dark, winged Pokémon sits before him. The eyes of this Pokémon stare deep into those of the attacker, and even seem to peer into the soul, freezing him completely. He can only watch as both the Pokémon and trainer set off into another alley, getting away.
Maybe it could be the Godfather's Pokemon but to me it sounds like it might also be an unexpected outside force.

I took this right off the wiki page "After being forced to evolve by an experiment of Team Rocket, this Gyarados went rampage around until Lance managed to capture it."

Implying anyone cares about the anime.

Also from the Wiki said:
In Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver, the red Gyarados is found in the Lake of Rage. The player has one chance to catch it.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I suppose the key word there is player. The player has a chance to catch it, thus does not always have it. Player isn't real or character in any canon. :/ THP was Lance and in any real canon story-line he has a Gyarados, yes? Yes. If it makes you feel better you can think of it in the game canon: he might have the red Gyarados, or you have it depending on if you had the patients to get it. :D

Hanyou

didn't build that
So I've managed to get through reading most of Day 1. I've skipped around for the rest, though I'm going to try to finish fully reading everything before today is out. We're in a dangerous position here, considering we've lost so many townies...but this should also give us information to act on.

Soldier of Link's list shouldn't be blindly followed, but it also most definitely shouldn't be ignored. On the one hand, she was a vanilla townie, which means she really didn't have access to any more information than most of us do. On the other hand, it can't hurt to try and take what she said seriously. Though Hero of Time's status as a Townie is a bit damning.

jdenicholls said:
I'm not sure that debating which roles correspond to the theme is that helpful. Yes there is probably a vig, SK and the mafia. That's about as much useful info as can be gleaned. Debating whether or not the Pikachu is owned by Ash is not in the slightest bit going to help us hunt scum.

My initial reaction was the same. The fact is, however, that we've been trying to determine what roles were in play here from day 1, and I suppose it could be beneficial. It's good to know exactly what we're up against, and should help to interpret behavior. It's all relevant information, as people are given specific, identifiable roles for a reason.

Also, the types of Pokemon used are hints dropped every time someone is nightkilled. It's part of the well of new information we have access to. It'd be a shame to abandon that.

Jedizora

:right:
I'll take a look at SoL's list.

Hero of Time
Hes to dead to be scum.

Ninten*
Mostley Fluff. Possibly scum?

Jedizora
... Town, I can tell you that.

green goron
As far as I can tell, just Observing and not really doing anything. I supppose Town, I think.

Go_Dark_Link
Not that many post. Can't tell. Unless scum trying to hide under the radar?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~

Well exactly. I mean, she's town but that doesn't mean she knows who the scum are. It's something to refer to, but we can't fully rely on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom