• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some catching up/analyzing to do but, for starters I am going to carry my vote over from day one. As Axle has not addresses or responded to my concerns and suspicions satisfactory yet and I haven't found a better candidate for a lynch/vote yet.
Sorry, I didn't realize there was something you wanted me to address. The last post I read from you on it (before you made this one) seemed like it was just making a statement rather than seeking a response. I couldn't think of much to say to it, so I moved on since it seemed like there were bigger fish to fry. But if you want me to comment on something, feel free to quote it or whatever and I'll be happy to. ;)

I'm mostly ignoring the fact that "Elfen is always like this" because it just seems to be an excuse to not even pay attention to his posts. I'm not going to just say that excuse to anyone so I can just look into someone else for a while. I know it's natural for him to always have this scummy meta, but even then, this is an advanced game, not Beginner's Mafia so everyone has equal skill in my eyes (at least from the start).

As of now, I'm ignoring town numbers since it's only Day 2. I know not willing to die is a trait that applies to all the players, but remember, we always get at least some evidence each day. Even if a vanilla townie dies, there's still the posts that can help us pinpoint scum.

And I have a gut feeling that Jedi is town. Even if most of his posts are just fluff, it seems like one of those things where you have to wait and see before you should start pointing fingers :\
There's this flawed vote reasoning again, although to be fair everyone who's voted for Elfen has applied this flawed reasoning. Yes, it always being his playstyle isn't a good excuse, but it also means that voting for him because of it is pretty baseless considering it's to be expected. That's the equivalent of voting for someone because they scumhunt (which by the way still happens in these games sometimes). As I've said before, I'm by no means saying voting for Elfen isn't a good idea, but it is a fact that every vote for him so far has bull**** reasoning behind it. Panda's here is no different.

You might take it as an excuse to not look at his posts, but you're using it as an excuse to not look at him at all. You're voting based on black and white reasoning, as if there's no conceivable way you could be mistaken. One action = mafia, another = town. That's not how the game works.

And guys, just because SoL trolled Day 1 does not mean she's not trying to scum hunt now. I'm not defending her or anything, but hey look! A pretty big analysis on every single living player.
There's a lot more going on than her trolling, but even aside from that, just because someone seems to do something different doesn't make their prior suspicious behavior moot. And before you say it, yes, this applies to me too. All my posts on first day were either mis-wordings on my part or mis-interpretings on the part of my accusors, but you don't have any reason to believe my word or any change of heart I may make, so you're going to have to judge it carefully and make a call. Same case with SoL here.

I'm seriously questioning TreeHuggerPanda here. He defends Jedi, and he defends SoL, who are both our most scummy players by far, and he follows a bandwagon vote with terrible reasoning against a claimed town (of course we should be skeptical of the claim, but still). I wouldn't be too surprised if we're seeing a poor scum move here, and all three or at least two of them (THP, SoL, Jedi) are scum. Could be wrong but it's looking very odd here.

I also want to take a look at Jdenicholls, as many aspects of his recent posting struck me as odd. But I don't want to make this post unbearably long and I should take another look at it, so for now I only FOS him.

I also wanted to briefly note that I think it's odd that Keyshe has commented on my inactivity twice, and I find it vaguely curious for a few reasons... It's what I usually do in Mafia, scum or not, it's common for me to disappear over weekends, and the fact that when she first stated it, I think she had been just as inactive. Nothing really big though, and it's no more odd than my own actions and the reactions surrounding me on Day 1, so meh. Just noting it for the future, in case it becomes more relevant.

Anyway, I find Jedizora as scummy as I do SoL, but since SoL seems to be the more popular vote right now, I'll jump on the bandwagon:

Unvote
Vote: Soldier of Link

FOS: Jedizora, TreeHuggerPanda, Jdenicholls

Kybyrian

Vote Count

Soldier of Link 7 (Axle the Beast, Soldier of Link, Baysiderulez, Josh, Keyshe, Go_Dark_Link, Meego)
Elfen 3 (Durion, Ninten*, TreeHuggerPanda)
Jedizora 2 (green goron, jdenicholls)
Baysiderulez 1 (zack125)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)

Yet to Vote 9 (Hero of Time, Djinn, Austin, Kazumi, kokirion, Deku Shroom, Jedizora, Dracomajora, Master Kokiri 9)

12 needed for majority lynch. Day ends Wednesday, July 13. Remember to post 3 times per day. My poow wittle Nicole ish dyin.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Zenox, I think I'm going to be in Dallas for a week. I think maybe the last week of July, but I'm not sure. OK, so the day ends in 2 days. So, I was just skimming through the posts earlier, and I found Elfen's vote. That post is confusing. He's saying that he's the backup doctor. But there's a possibility that he's lying.

One, my Role is probably the most obvious and legit role there can be to pokemon. That simple. And this right here, voting for me on what EVERYONE else has said about that one simple line, when it was in all forms of sarcasm. I will not and never claim UNLESS I am at L-1 or L-2 or L-3 and i do NOT advice people to claim unless they are at those points when its vital.

So with that, i got a new suspect.
UNVOTE

Vote:Ninten*

What? I don't understand what you're really trying to say. But I'm pretty sure that roleclaiming now isn't vital at this point.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Meego said:
So on the subject of Nicole, do you have anything to say for yourself at this point?

I already did, sir. I shall redirect you to this post:

SoL said:
Vote: Soldier of Link

If I can protect Elfen, I will. I'm not scum, though, so when I die, PLEASE go through the players I suspected. (Hero of Time, Ninten*, Jedizora, green goron, and Go_Dark_Link. Mostly the former three.)

And I do believe Meego, Elfen, TreeHuggerPanda, and Jo are Townies, but you cannot trust or follow Jo blindly. Or anyone else for that matter. MK9 might be Third Party. Might.

(and I promise I am NOT a Jester lol)

EBWODP

forgot to unvote

When I die, you'll see that I was not lying. Tomorrow, I want to you all to look into those five that I mentioned.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
As I've said before, I'm by no means saying voting for Elfen isn't a good idea, but it is a fact that every vote for him so far has bull**** reasoning behind it. Panda's here is no different.

The wording of this post puzzled me a little. To me, it registered as "I would rather have an important person such as the vig or cop lynched rather than myself." I only assumed he was just a regular townie/mafia and did not think of the possibility that he was an important person in the game. I'm reading through some of his posts more carefully now because the wording always implies something that he denies.

I'm seriously questioning TreeHuggerPanda here. He defends Jedi, and he defends SoL, who are both our most scummy players by far, and he follows a bandwagon vote with terrible reasoning against a claimed town (of course we should be skeptical of the claim, but still). I wouldn't be too surprised if we're seeing a poor scum move here, and all three or at least two of them (THP, SoL, Jedi) are scum. Could be wrong but it's looking very odd here.

(*cough, cough*) she (*cough*)

I only had a gut feeling that Jedi was town. That's not defense in my book. It doesn't convince people or anything, it's merely from my own experience. And I was only pointing out that SoL not trying scum hunting was not a legit reason to accuse her because no one seem to acknowledge her thoughts on everyone. I'm still a little unsure of whether she is a townie or not though.

Quote Keyshe and blame Meego? Sloppy playing my good sir.

Oops my bad. I did mean to direct it towards Keyshe. Apologies to Meego.

EBWODP
I'm keeping my vote where it is, although the day looks to be over now so it doesn't make much difference either way. For now I'll say FoS: THP, something about your posts strike me as odd but I've yet to figure out what it is and whether or not it is worth voting for you tomorrow.

Axman said:
I also want to take a look at Jdenicholls, as many aspects of his recent posting struck me as odd. But I don't want to make this post unbearably long and I should take another look at it, so for now I only FOS him.

Bring it on biatch.

Kirino

Tatakae
My main suspiciouns on Elfen. First of all, your post did NOT sound sarcastic at all. Second of all, I doubt your roleclaim is true. There is no doctor character in the game besides Nurse Joy, so I don't think anyone but her could be the doctor. It would be easy to mako a fakeclaim with her. Her name is Nurse Joy, so yeah. I'm also suspicious of SoL, since she has some contradictions.

Vote: Elfen

My main suspiciouns on Elfen. First of all, your post did NOT sound sarcastic at all. Second of all, I doubt your roleclaim is true. There is no doctor character in the game besides Nurse Joy, so I don't think anyone but her could be the doctor. It would be easy to mako a fakeclaim with her. Her name is Nurse Joy, so yeah. I'm also suspicious of SoL, since she has some contradictions.

Vote: Elfen

Now while "doctor claims" should be taken heavily... if they are claimed early on its generally a sign of scum. However, we also have to be willing to take that risk and possibly eliminate our doc, granted he claimed "back up doc" which is a role that's generally called the nurse.

Also, just how many Nurse Joy's are there? isn't every nurse in the pokemon world named Nurse Joy? could there be another nurse joy with the claim of doctor? Just things to think about before we go into lynching someone who is claiming a vital role... Things you guys should have thought about BEFORE you lynched HoM. have the facts add up, or you are no more help to us then the scum are.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Also, just how many Nurse Joy's are there? isn't every nurse in the pokemon world named Nurse Joy? could there be another nurse joy with the claim of doctor? Just things to think about before we go into lynching someone who is claiming a vital role... Things you guys should have thought about BEFORE you lynched HoM. have the facts add up, or you are no more help to us then the scum are.

I dunno, like 50 Nurse Joys. Same with the cops. I forgot their names though. Officer Jenny?

Kybyrian

Inactives ruin games. Inactives, please come back to us or you will be modkilled and this game will end very shortly. =)

Three posts per day isn't a lot, I could make 20 a day at the rate things have been brought up in this game.

At the same time... some prods may have been mis-sent. I have no idea how I sent some people prods when they have 5+ posts.

Edit: Actually, I do know how. VBulletin doesn't display posts from that day when you search for replies in a thread. Takes a while for them to show up. Sorry, those that aren't really inactive!

Kazumi

chagy
I still find SoL scummy. I did earlier on Day 1, and I still do on Day 2. Most of the things that she is doing seem scummy. Especially trying to convince everyone that lynching her is a bad move. While her list seems fairly valid, and should probably be looked into at some point in the future, I still think that this is just a tactic to convince people not to vote for her.

Vote: SoL

Nicole

luke is my wife
I still find SoL scummy. I did earlier on Day 1, and I still do on Day 2. Most of the things that she is doing seem scummy. Especially trying to convince everyone that lynching her is a bad move. While her list seems fairly valid, and should probably be looked into at some point in the future, I still think that this is just a tactic to convince people not to vote for her.

Vote: SoL

I never tried to convince anyone that lynching me was a bad move. In fact, I said it was a GOOD MOVE compared to lynching Elfen. Tell me, where did I tell anyone that lynching me is a bad move?

Kybyrian

Vote Count

Soldier of Link 8 (Kazumi, Axle the Beast, Soldier of Link, Baysiderulez, Josh, Keyshe, Go_Dark_Link, Meego)
Elfen 4 (Dracomajora, Durion, Ninten*, TreeHuggerPanda)
Jedizora 2 (green goron, jdenicholls)
Baysiderulez 1 (zack125)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)

Yet to Vote 7 (Hero of Time, Djinn, Austin, kokirion, Deku Shroom, Jedizora, Master Kokiri 9)

12 needed for majority lynch. Day ends tomorrow around 5 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom