• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....
If we even had a possibility of lynching someone tonight, our best bet is apparently HoM. It's obviously not the wisest decision to let the mafia get a free kill tonight, but unless we get some serious discussing going on, or an extension, we're sol right now.

Its also not the wisest decision to lynch off a Townie power role.

Unvote:Kokiron
Vote: Josh

Yeah. Totally me. I LOVE lynching off those people whose only proof of being town is a fakeclaim, like everyone else. So what Jo? What should I do? Should I just not lynch anyone since they'll all give me a town power role as a fakeclaim?

Kybyrian

So.....

We have one day left. We currently stand at:

Hero of Music 8
Axle the Beast 5
Soldier of Link 2
kokirion 1

If we even had a possibility of lynching someone tonight, our best bet is apparently HoM. It's obviously not the wisest decision to let the mafia get a free kill tonight, but unless we get some serious discussing going on, or an extension, we're sol right now.

Probably should have mentioned this before, but the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.

Pretty sure Zenox already confirmed that if the day ends before a majority is reached then the person with the highest vote on them is lynched. I don't really see Jo's logic for voting Josh, but given that things have quietened down over the past day I think that HoM is probably for the chop.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm still sticking with my vote against Axle. He seems more suspicious to me. HoM's claim seems somewhat legit to me. Though I still wonder why he claimed at the very beginning of the first day. Doesn't seem like something Mafia or Townie would do. It just seems stupid. And "for the lulz" is a horibble reason, and he might be lying. I am a bit suspicious of HoM. He could of just tried to get his fake role out early so he wouldn't be suspected, but I doubt he would execute it that poorly. And i'm also suspicious of Jedizora. Keyshe presented some goood evidence against him, and then he ignored the whole point of Keyshe's post. Though Axle is more suspicious then either of them, so my vote stays on him.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Just gonna go for the general consensus... Do you think HoM is scum? Yes or No will suffice. Reason I'm asking this is because I'm unsure of lynching someone who has claimed to have a powerful Townie role. Myself, I'm leaning scum on him... for reasons you may or may not have picked up on.

Well, clearly anyone who votes for him thinks he is scum, unless they are scum themselves trying to lynch a powerful townie role. Which is certainly possible. But If you check the last Mafia game you will see people make up the entirety of their role, least of all arkvoodle lying about what powers he had as a third party, then admitting his role after he was voted for the lynch (during twilight). So just because HoM has claimed doesn't vouch for his innocence.

I think HoM is doing what Jo did in Mafia 5. He is claiming a pro-town role(I think) in order gain the trust of the Town early on. I'm not sure if he'll try to lead the Town like Jo did, but I believe his claim...for now.

Kybyrian

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hero of Music 8 (Deku Shroom, green goron, Jedizora, jdenicholls, Soldier of Link, Josh, Axle the Beast, Kazumi)
Axle the Beast 5 (Justeazy, Dracomajora, Keyshe, Go_Dark_Link, TreeHuggerPanda)
Soldier of Link 2 (Meego, Hero of Music)
Josh 1 (Baysiderulez)

Yet to Vote 10 (Austin, Master Kokiri 9, Durion, Elfen, kokirion, zack125, Djinn, Ninten*, illmatic, Hero of Time)

Day ends later today. Person with the most votes will be lynched.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Well, clearly anyone who votes for him thinks he is scum, unless they are scum themselves trying to lynch a powerful townie role. Which is certainly possible. But If you check the last Mafia game you will see people make up the entirety of their role, least of all arkvoodle lying about what powers he had as a third party, then admitting his role after he was voted for the lynch (during twilight). So just because HoM has claimed doesn't vouch for his innocence.
Well... actually some of the votes could be town going with an easy lynch with out really thinking about it. The votes on him by the inactive players are most likely just that. You kinda said it yourself when you first voted for him.
jdenicholls said:
HoM's beheaviour isn't necessarily scummy, but it's certainly anti-town if this is what he is trying to encourage.
You have your mind made up but others might not have been thinking about it at all.

Just gonna go for the general consensus... Do you think HoM is scum? Yes or No will suffice. Reason I'm asking this is because I'm unsure of lynching someone who has claimed to have a powerful Townie role. Myself, I'm leaning scum on him... for reasons you may or may not have picked up on.
:/ That's a little contradictory. It sounds like you think his claim is pretty solid and chancy to take it as a bluff. But are still saying he is scum and pushing for his lynch. And you've had this attitude for awhile:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=285774&viewfull=1#post285774
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=285787&viewfull=1#post285787
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...ia-Game-Thread&p=285932&viewfull=1#post285932

That or you are a town who really needs to make up her mind: Does his claim sound real and he should be kept alive as it's too chancy to kill a power role? Or is his behavior scummy and his claim seems too perfect, take the chance now before he get his hooks in the town?

With the first day the probability of lynching a town is high. With that fact in mind HoM claim is very likely to be true. Especially with that it was leaked early rather then a desperate attempt to stay alive. It looked like he could have been data fishing on roles and powers back then but his claim hasn't change at all. And I can see clearly now what part he was leaking back then. It adds up and looks solid and true to me. Sadly as he has spent most of this day defending himself only there is little evidence to use in his defense as town over the initial suspicion. His early claim was odd, but he isn't the only one to wish to claim early in theses games. Personally if he is town he hurt us exposing himself. As scum he has outed himself. Either way it was a poor play. I can't say his claim looks fake, as it seems to be adding up. I am not seeing holes in it. It's up to you guys if you want to vote for him I can't really defended him. As there is little in his defense other then no one claiming against him. But please think it over and make sure you guys are thinking clearly and not bandwagoning just because it's easy.

I can't say he is town but to me things are adding up that is the most likely outcome. His lynch isn't one I want to gamble on.

I think HoM is doing what Jo did in Mafia 5. He is claiming a pro-town role(I think) in order gain the trust of the Town early on. I'm not sure if he'll try to lead the Town like Jo did, but I believe his claim...for now.

I think HoM is telling the truth, here's why.

Scum claim doctor when they are trying to out the doc... not "Body Guard"

Nobody has counter claimed him. Scum being the very first to claim (when not claiming "doctor") is very rare... Remember this is not a game without vanilla townies. It would be far easier for anyone (scum or town alike) to claim VT. Outright claiming a power role?

Yeah claiming bodyguard outloud is stupid. But when your head is on the chopping block, you're not useful if you're dead. So it really makes no difference whether he claimed or not at that point. HoM is useful when it comes to scumhunting. I would like to let him live, as long as the mafia leave him alone (they tend to when someone claims doc... makes the suspicion on them (the claimed doc) even greater as time goes on as you wonder why they haven't been lynched.)

HoM ought to live tonight. I know I'm probably saying this a tad to late. But it is what needs to be said. Oh and Jden, you're next on my list. Go Vig Go!

This is my first real post of the game, so it will be long since it addresses everything from the beginning. Also, some of it will reference stuff from long ago that may have been replied to already. There also might be some contradiction, because my thoughts on a few people have changed while reading through the thread.

It looks like the town is set to either lynch Axle or Hero of Music today (or just HoM now). Here are my thoughts on them...

Axle the Beast:
Axle is always pretty hard to read. In past games on here, whenever I thought he was town he ended up being mafia and when I thought he was mafia he was town. But in this post Keyshe makes a good point about Axle's reaction. She has played many games with him and seems to really know his play style, so I think her suspicions are valid. So for that I'm going to keep an eye on Axle. Also, he seems to have taken a step back while the votes for HoM started piling up and suspicion on him dropped. Though this is probably just because of him being busy.

With HoM, at first I was suspcious as well because of the way he roleclaimed.
Durion said:
I missed it too, but I don't see why he feels the need to role claim this early on when there is no real pressure being applied to him at this moment in time, so yeah, an explanation is in order here, although I've created one myself. If I'm correct in assuming that he has the role that I believe he has, being the Grave Digger role (which is very likely with the way he worded that post), then it seems like a good candidate to be a fake claim for one a Mafia to have. This is because by claiming this role, he is able to trick anyone one with a role such as Cop into believing that he is actually just a Townie who's alignment is returned as being Mafia due to his role, when in fact it's returning as being Mafia because that's what he really is.

Vote: Hero of Music

I was thinking the same thing. Grave Digger, while it could be a role that's in this game, is a good role for scum to claim to protect himself from investigation roles. He had a similar role in Castlevania Mafia, the Miller. So he could have gotten the idea from that. And the way he hid his claim makes me think he was hoping for some people to catch it but not bring it up, thinking he was a townie.

But on the other hand, HoM has remained pretty calm despite all the votes for him, and continued to hunt scum. His reaction to all the votes also remind me of the way he reacted in Mafia 6 when he was nearly voted off (in Day 3, I believe). And he was town that game. So I'm not sure what to think.

I think lynching someone because he roleclaimed for no reason is just dumb. Especially when it's likely he has an important role like Bodyguard. Some people's reasons for voting seem to be weak, like
this:
Claiming on day 1? What? HoM, Really? I mean, You weren't the only one under stress. You could have convinst others to vote for axle. But Role claiming should have been your last chance.
Unvote
vote: HoM

And this:
I went through the posts, and I see that HoM roleclaimed. There's no reason to roleclaim since he wasn't under any pressure. But it is a bit suspisious.

Fos: HoM

And this:
Vote: HoM

The fact that it's day one, and your early claim is really all the solid bit of oddness I've seen is the main reason I'm placing my vote. I could go on and on about it, but it's been explained 10 times before me, so there's the gist of it so I don't have to re-explain.

Votes like these, and others, are just voting on the sole fact that he claimed on Day 1, completely ignoring his explanation and defense, and the fact that he could be telling the truth. At least others went more into detail about why they found him suspicious. I'm not saying he's 100% a townie, since he has as much of a chance as anyone to be scum, but a lot of it has been bandwagoning. And his overall play and scum hunting leads me to believe he is town.
I'd suggest you guys who voted for him re-evaluate your reasons for voting for him, especially the bandwagoners. There are people who have been way more scummy than HoM.

Meego said:
Defensive much? I mean yeah you would defend yourself, but you're looking beyond what is right there in front of you. Do HoM's posts really seem all that scummy? Him and Axle are both strong players and they aren't actually acting overly suspicious. This thing between them has caused some people to take sides and vote, but we forgot about the most likely possibility, they're both town. He isn't necessarily trying to direct attention to you, he's scum hunting. It's kind of what we do in mafia games. Using another mafia site as a defense doesn't really emphasise your point, you're basing it on one game.

Totally agree. It seems like a common thing on day 1, since everyone is afraid to look suspicious, mafia or otherwise. I also think it's likely they are both town.

Elfen said:
But, the one thing i am unsure, is that since he is most likely in the game... that no one has counterclaimed(well character claimed) him. Thats why is kinda hard for me to some what believe him. But the fact that he claimed so early is what gets me. Its like he wants the doctor/Cop to investigate or protect. I got a little theory... bet most of y'all can probably guess what it is. Why would some one cause such hysteria and may try to force roles to pick him(If he survives) It sounds like he is trying to draw certain things away from other people. But i am not inclined to believe that he is the role that he is.

Why would someone counterclaim? If he was mafia that's exactly what he would be trying to do by claiming Bodyguard. And he's already likely to be lynched so no one would want to counter claim him if they knew he was lying about his role.

Elfen said:
EBWODP again..

Baysiderulez
Austin
Kazumi
kokirion
Danny
Deku Shroom
green goron
Durion
Ninten*
arkvoodle
Dracomajora
Go_Dark_Link

these are the people we havent heard from lately.

Hmm, this post looks a bit familiar to me... Oh yeah :

Hero of Time said:
EBWODP

Meego7
green goron
Axle the Beast
Deku Shroom
arkvoodle
MikauIncarnate
Josh
TreeHuggerPanda
Dracomajora

These are the people who have only posted once.

For the record, I think Hero of Time has been acting townie this game. I knew right off the bat he was scum last game.

Meego said:
I think I'm going to have to look back over Axle and HoM, they can't both be mafia so there's a chance a townie will be lynched this time. Obviously they could both be town, in that case the possibility is even higher. There are things about them that make them both seem possible townies. HoM just seems to have a somewhat assertive playstyle, but Axle comes back with lots of evidence. Hmm, I will come back to this after school but it would seem that at least one of them has to be town, I think. If not, then both of them. That is what I will have to look over. I'm not sure mafia would make themselves this well "notcied" in a bad way this early on in the game, but you know, I could be wrong. This being said, both Axle and HoM have plently of votes.

IGMEOY: HoM and Axle

Just to clarify, I am trying to determine your alignments at least.

In the last game Kybyrian was the most active on Day 1, and he turned out to be the Godfather. It's a pretty good strategy as scum to establish yourself as an active scumhunter on Day 1 to gain trust, and it worked pretty well for him.

jedizora said:
Okay first off. I've made 6 posts, one of which was my RVS. They all have a reason behind them.
Post 1: RVS
Post 2: Questining MK9
Post 3: Continusation of Post 2.
Post 4: Apoligizing for being off
Post 5: Pointing out something about how MK9 mostley seemed to be SK Hunting rather then anything else
Post 6: Voting because of HoM's behavior.
Nothing in there do I find Suspious.

Analyzing yourself and saying your'e not suspicious? Yeah, that will convince people your not scum. And it doesn't address any of the suspicions brought upon you, by several people now.

Baysiderulez said:
Lol if you asked that before my last post i must have missed it... if its was after my last post then I just now saw this..

Yes, I am Town. I want a townie win, and I want the mafia and any 3rd parties there might be dead. Revealing characters at this point in the game would be useless... But since when have I led you astray Keysh?

I guess this means Baysiderulez is confirmed town this game. But I gotta agree with jdenicholls. If she was scum, she obviously wouldn't admit it right off the bat since people are now asking her straight out what her alignment is since she is known to never lie about it. So this could very well be the game where she breaks her meta. Not that I have reason to be suspicious, but it's just something to keep in mind.

The person I find most suspicious right now is Soldier of Link
Her posts started off being trolly and not much else, until HoM voted for her. Then she got really serious and aggressive towards HoM:
Soldier of Link said:
Unvote
Vote: Hero of Music

I know this seems like an OMGUS, but it isn't lol. I was never very suspicious of Axle up to this point, but this post of Hommy's is awfully scum-like. When I was Mafia at another site, this is exactly what I did when I got voted for. I picked a person to prey on, analyzed all their posts deeply (while making things seem more dramatic than they are), and posted*exactly*like he just did.*

Oh, and half the reason I'm voting for him is because it seems like a desperate attempt to direct attention away from himself. In all honesty, you can lynch me right now if you want. I do have a really strong gut feeling that HoM is Mafia from this post alone, though. So there.

Not much explanation for her vote on HoM, except that it's based on his post. Her reaction to his vote is very scummy.

Soldier of Link said:
Just gonna go for the general consensus... Do you think HoM is scum?*Yes*or*No*will suffice. Reason I'm asking this is because I'm unsure of lynching someone who has claimed to have a powerful Townie role. Myself, I'm leaning scum on him... for reasons you may or may not have picked up on.

This post seems to me like she's trying to make herself look innocent for when HoM flips townie. She's remained aggressive on him since her vote on him, but with this post she seems concerned that HoM might be townie, but continues to remain aggressive on him.

Myself, I'm leaning scum on him... for reasons you may or may not have picked up on.

What are those reasons? HoM is about to get lynched so there's no reason to be cryptic now.

People have been picking sides with Axle or Hero of Music, but imo they are not the scummiest at all. With that...

IGMEOY: Josh
FoS: jedizora, Kazumi
Vote: Soldier of Link

David

But you called me here...
Well, well, well. Looks like I'm going to die.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you all for killing a town power role on the first day for the weak reasoning of "Oh mah goodness gais, he roleclaimed first day! Lynch him!". Very impressive.

Second, I hope all of you town roles have picked up on the scummy metas and the scummy posts that have arisen because of my claim. I admit, that my original reasoning for claiming was for the lulz. But then, after people started picking it up, I quickly realized that I could turn it into bait for the mafia. The ones that I find suspicious after my claim are Axle (general playing style seems scummy to me, however, he didn't do much with my claim), Soldier of Link (after I voted for her, she attacked me like a rabid sea monkey [don't ask]), Elfen (went after me after I criticized his narrow minded role fishing [he was taking one character at a time, trying to find every single role that it could possibly take on, which I just found really odd]), Jedizora (general scum vibes and explaining every single one of his posts, which wasn't necessary in the slightest), Ninten* (for reasons illamatic pointed out), and Deku Shroom (same reasoning for Ninten*). I'd highly recommend watching these people after my death.

Its been fun. Hope my sacrifice has been worth while to all of you townies in finding scum, because, lets admit it, until my claim, the game wasn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom