• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
By the way, Zenox, I would like to retrieve mah Canduh bah, nu Pokeyen, just Canduh Bah. U've ideeentufeed thet u dun furgoot ta poot meh in tehr. (Translation: I would like my Candy Bar directly, please. You forgot to put me on your Vote Count.)

Also, the fact that he didn't actually claim anything specific until he was near the number of votes for majority lynch is something that I believe is perfectly normal and the pressure is being huge.

That's annoying me, since I accidentally clicked submit and not preview. I meant to say "I believe is perfectly normal with the pressure being huge."

For one thing, I think a Cop investigation is a very bad idea because it could give away the Cop and of course, we wouldn't want the Cop to die this early in the game, right? Plus, there is a possibility that there is a Mafia cop, as we seen in Mafia 5 (that was me =D) and Mafia 6 and if Hommy is scum, then the Mafia cop could post that Hommy is innocent and not give us his real alignment.

I'm pretty sure that they would not know who the Cop is until that player decides to reveal the information that they received during the night period, if the person was guilty then the Town Bodyguard (Or the Doctor if we have one) would be able to protect the Cop from any attempted night kills. The major threat being the possibility of the Mafia having a Strongman. So it could give away who the Cop is, but I don't see it as being likely that the Cop would die as a result of that, unless the players with the protective roles are silly.

Thing is... if HoM is Town, we'll be losing a very important role. However... I've learned from experience to nail people for the first slip up they make. I've seen games where a Mafia blows it big time, and they just fed the Town what it wanted to hear. Needless to say, that particular game ended in a Town loss. I'm not entirely "he messed up; lynch nao!", but I have a gut feeling atm that tells me this is the right choice.

Fair enough, as I said, that's personally what I would do as it gives me extra time to think.

In my experience it is best to progress to a decisive vote rather than bumbling along until you end the day with a lynch from 4 votes. HoM seems very scummy to me, most of all because this seems to be his best defence:

Hero of Music said:
You're all forgetting one important part of information. I DID NOT GIVE A FAKECLAIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE. I am innocent.

Now I can appreciate the lulz as much as anyone, but Mafia is serious business. And I can't help but shake the feeling that HoM knows he is up against the wall and is trying humour as a diversion tactic. His claim means very little - Hero of Time was at risk of being lynched in the last game - he then claimed and we dropped the bandwagon against him. A few days later we lynched him and he was Mafia.

Fact is that even if Hero of Music is a strong player we can't keep him alive purely on the basis that if he flips town he would be useful to us. His behaviour has been very scummy, and most of his responses have been back-peddling.

Kybyrian

What buh- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I thought that was for people who just weren't voting anyone, not the people who hadn't voted for the entire game. >_> I would think that it'd be easier and more efficient to just list who isn't voting rather than who has yet to vote at all.

The tally had a couple problems with it. I fixed it a bit ago.

Also, when you unvote/vote in the future do it on a separate line and not the middle of a wall of text, easier to see. :P

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
^unless she is the Townie Cop. Then she lasts to day 5.

Right now, I'm going to
UNVOTE: Hero of Music
I think at this point it would have been stupid for him to claim, yes. (*shakes finger at HoM* Stupid, stupid.)
However, claiming such a plausible role as himself (even if it was a hidden claim) but then, almost immediately, having information leads me to back it up with the "for some reason he was acting stupid, but is still, generally, town".

But seriously. There's firstly, a gut feeling. My gut feeling definitely tells me HoM is innocent. Maybe it's just something about the way he's posting. But I think that him and Axle are probably both townie. But either way we must watch them, they're both good players and if indeed they are town then we need them.

Which, my gut is still telling me that Axle is bad for this game. But that's the problem with these games, our guts don't agree. But either way, I changed my vote from Axle to HoM based on one ridiculous post, but I never really felt he was scum like I do Axle.
VOTE: Axle (again)
Does anyone else see this or am I the only one?
Umm... I didn't see it, if you're pointing to anything other than they had a direct, almost deliberate back-and-forth.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
You guys are posting fast for me and I have a lot more to read and think over, but here is something that's bothering me. This post of Jedizora's... :/
Claiming on day 1? What? HoM, Really? I mean, You weren't the only one under stress. You could have convinst others to vote for axle. But Role claiming should have been your last chance.
Unvote
vote: HoM
That's not really something a town would say... it's a scummy tactic to try to kill another to save yourself. This sounds so wrong. I know HoM said earlier that he FOSed Axle but he has yet to push that he is scum. (That I know of anyway.) So Why would Jedi say HoM should have tried to get Axle killed in his place? :/
With this in mind I looked at his other posts:
This one.
Jedizora said:
You know, I just wanted to point out something about MK9 searching for a serial killer. Its a commen tactic around here, for serial Killers to look for themselves, so to speak. Look at thegreen(I think) in Mafia 5, or myself in Mafia 6. No accusations here, just food for thought. MK9 does seem to want to find the Third Party alot, though...
Look at the underlined part and compare with his other posts:Here and here.
Jedizora said:
So there msut be a serial killer, as KY said there was a thrid party that terroized people. I'll just go and look up roles that could be it...
Jedizora said:
I don't know about that one. How would a survivor terrorize someone?
After his first post all he has been talking about this game... is the third party, and then his vote for HoM. Does this bother anyone else?

There are also two things that are bothering with Master Kokiri 9.
Here he says he has never heard of Name cops before. Which I pointed out was odd.
Keyshe said:

Here is the game: VT's Classic Rock Mafia. He even linked to said game in this thread. I know things got rough for him as something personal came up in the middle of the game, but the name cop was talked about a lot. Here he even brings the name cop up...Here.
Also this post, his response is odd to me. Why is he even bringing up that mods don't always give claims? For what purpose? HoM said his claim was real, not a fake given to him. MK9's comment doesn't really fit here and had nothing to do with HoM's point in his post. Plus why is he assuming there are two town protective roles? That's rare as far I know. This is dangerous plan now, normally it would work if it wasn't our claimed protective role that needed to be checked. (Bay, Game 5, was able to play a confirmed Cop only because she had the protection of a living Bodyguard.)

Jedizora

:right:
After his first post all he has been talking about this game... is the third party, and then his vote for HoM. Does this bother anyone else?

Okay first off. I've made 6 posts, one of which was my RVS. They all have a reason behind them.
Post 1: RVS
Post 2: Questining MK9
Post 3: Continusation of Post 2.
Post 4: Apoligizing for being off
Post 5: Pointing out something about how MK9 mostley seemed to be SK Hunting rather then anything else
Post 6: Voting because of HoM's behavior.
Nothing in there do I find Suspious.

Kazumi

chagy
I believe that my vote against HoM stands. From reading up it seems to me that he is mostly just trying to convince people, especially weaker players, that he is a Towny. He is picking on SoL, as well as attempting to assure everyone that he is well versed in Pokemon. He is also now saying that his hidden role claim was "for the lulz", which I believe is just trying to back-track on a screw-up.

I also believe that Axle is a towny. Not only is it my gut feeling that he is, but I believe he may have contradicted himself and that it is a genuine screw-up. He is also going back and providing a lot of useful evidence. For now I'm not too suspicious of his actions. So, anyway, I will stick with my vote as of now.

Austin

Austin
UNVOTE: DANNY
I wasn't serious to begin with, sorry for putting it off this long. I'll admit that a lot of this analysis is going right over my head, but I'll try to absorb it bit by bit. For now, I'll let the investigation go on as it has been, and if I notice something I'll jump in. I'm not confident of anyone at this point, but it is quite early in the game so it's not surprising that I haven't developed any strong opinions of anyone yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom