• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
For one thing, I think a Cop investigation is a very bad idea because it could give away the Cop and of course, we wouldn't want the Cop to die this early in the game, right? Plus, there is a possibility that there is a Mafia cop, as we seen in Mafia 5 (that was me =D) and Mafia 6 and if Hommy is scum, then the Mafia cop could post that Hommy is innocent and not give us his real alignment.

David

But you called me here...
You're all forgetting one important part of information. I DID NOT GIVE A FAKECLAIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE. I am innocent.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Eh, been super busy unexpectedly, amd just now got a chance to look at the thread. I'll try to keep more attention from now on. Anyways, time to re-read everything again, because quite honestly this looks like a tricky pick. Leaning towards SoL from the looks of things now though, but need a little bit of time to decide whether it's vote worthy or not.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I went through the posts, and I see that HoM roleclaimed. There's no reason to roleclaim since he wasn't under any pressure. But it is a bit suspisious.

Fos: HoM

David

But you called me here...
I went through the posts, and I see that HoM roleclaimed. There's no reason to roleclaim since he wasn't under any pressure. But it is a bit suspisious.

Wasn't under pressure? Wow. Just wow. You didn't read all of the posts. I had 11 votes when I role claimed... Like the legitimate one where I actually said who I am, not the hidden one.

Since the forums didn't seem to want to post this earlier when I actually posted it. I said something about Hero of Music possibly stating he was Elite 4 because he slipped up about revealing his role as being the Grave Digger. But since that is no completely wiped off the damn table, no need to go further.

Unvote: Hero of Music

I'll read the last 3 pages and post what I think in a few minutes.

Hero of Music 7 (Jedizora, Justeazy, jdenicholls, Soldier of Link, Josh, Axle the Beast, Kazumi)
Axle the Beast 4 (Dracomajora, Keyshe, Go_Dark_Link, TreeHuggerPanda)
Soldier of Link 2 (Meego, Hero of Music)
Danny 1 (Austin)
kokirion 1 (Baysiderulez)

Yet to Vote 11 (Master Kokiri 9, Durion, Elfen, kokirion, Danny, Deku Shroom, green goron, Djinn, Ninten*, arkvoodle, Hero of Time)

Day ends July 2nd. 26 alive, 14 for majority lynch. You may reach it if you keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~

You clearly didn't go through the posts very well then.

But seriously. There's firstly, a gut feeling. My gut feeling definitely tells me HoM is innocent. Maybe it's just something about the way he's posting. But I think that him and Axle are probably both townie. But either way we must watch them, they're both good players and if indeed they are town then we need them.

Nicole

luke is my wife
MK9 said:
HoM, answer me truthfully here: how much do you know of the Kanto and Johto regions?

I know a lot about the Kanto and Johto regions. Very well in fact. I've played through Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, and HeartGold at least once a piece. I've seen all of the 1st season of the Anime plus some Johto episodes here and there.

Does anyone else see this or am I the only one?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You're all forgetting one important part of information. I DID NOT GIVE A FAKECLAIM BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE. I am innocent.

Fakeclaims aren't always given by the mods, duder. A fake claim is a roleclaim that is fake.

And about the Cop thing, it was just a suggestion for our Cop: not saying "Oh hey, you should investigate this dude and tell us if he's guilty or innocent". If he gets an innocent result or something that's consistent with his claims, he says nothing and we assume that Hero is clean. If he gets a guilty or a result that's NOT consistent with his claims, then he comes out and says "hey, we should lynch him, he's scum".

And besides, in this game, I'm pretty sure we've also got a Doctor to back up our Bodyguard in the likely event that he dies: Doctor protects our Cop and boom, problem solved.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
You clearly didn't go through the posts very well then.

But seriously. There's firstly, a gut feeling. My gut feeling definitely tells me HoM is innocent. Maybe it's just something about the way he's posting. But I think that him and Axle are probably both townie. But either way we must watch them, they're both good players and if indeed they are town then we need them.

I know... They both seem innocent now... But if one of them are mafia... I be damned. But i am now with nothing. Im lost now.... again

EBWODP

Now, he claimed Bodyguard. I wouldn't say Bodyguard is an overly common role, but it is generally an important one. I doubt a Mafia would false claim a role like that. If there is someone who is the real Bodyguard... don't say anything. However, I think he might be telling the truth. I will keep my vote, for now, because I'm not entirely sure.

Personally, if you're unsure I think it's safer to remove your vote for the time being. It means they are further away from being lynched by Mafia if they are innocent, especially since he may have an important role. Alongside that, there is nothing stopping you from placing your vote back on him if you do feel that player is scum.

But claiming a doctor-like role is idiotic and stupid, especially if you weren't pressured to. If you somehow do have this role, you wouldn't say that since you could easily be Night killed. Or, you could be Mafia and make the doctor waste a protection on you. Claiming day one, especially with a protective role is stupid. Unless you end up being a bulletproof Body Guard. Also since you claim to be an elite. You are most likely an Elite Body Guard. Am i right? Basically you can kill some one.

I could have believed you if you didn't claim so early. But since you did... I have a hard time believing it. My Vote stays firm. *Sigh* Does One Care?

So wait, you're saying that you acknowledge that he's the body guard, but proceed to leave you vote on him anyway? You're either really bad at this game or you're really bad at this game. Also, the fact that he didn't actually claim anything specific until he was near the number of votes for majority lynch is something that I believe is perfectly normal and the pressure is being huge.

All claiming on day 1 is a dumb idea. It's likely Ky has created fakeclaims for all the mafia, so it wouldn't give us any useful info, but also if the town all told the truth then it would reveal all our power roles. Even if you don't have a power role and you claim it makes it that bit easier for the mafia to target someone else. HoM's beheaviour isn't necessarily scummy, but it's certainly anti-town if this is what he is trying to encourage.

Unvote
Vote: Hero of Music

For the first section, I'm thinking that because the Elite 4 are so well known throughout the series that it is unlikely that Kybyrian will have left them for fake claims. Not saying that I'm right there, it's just something to think about.

Well MK9 about the Cop investigation on him. I am very skeptical about that. Cause he may of done this on purpose to get targeted (Via God father)

Also MK9. It is suspicious that you would want to direct the cop's ability to him.... Just a thought.

cfee1095-e983-4d46-af68-a47787bd6c46.jpg

First of all, why would the Godfather choose to have one of his own people be investigated? It's more likely than not that he would wish to avoid that and have it aimed at himself if anything, as he is immune to investigation. This would also require an Encrypter, as the Mafia are not allowed to talk during the day.

Secondly, Master Kokiri 9's logic is good. If jdenicholls is right along with the others that believe that it's more than likely a fake claim, then it would be a good idea to make sure that it's not a fake claim with an investigation.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
EBWODP

Does anyone else see this or am I the only one?

If you're talking about me potentially not knowing the theme, trust me, I know the theme very well. I don't know why, but my thought process at the time somehow came to "Hey, maybe I can spot a flaw in his claim if I know whether or not he knows the theme". In retrospect, it doesn't make sense now, but it sure made sense earlier when I asked.

Also, looking at it now, that post by HoM seems a little... off.

Nicole

luke is my wife
EBWODP

If you're talking about me potentially not knowing the theme, trust me, I know the theme very well. I don't know why, but my thought process at the time somehow came to "Hey, maybe I can spot a flaw in his claim if I know whether or not he knows the theme". In retrospect, it doesn't make sense now, but it sure made sense earlier when I asked.

Also, looking at it now, that post by HoM seems a little... off.

Not you, Tyler.

Durion said:
Personally, if you're unsure I think it's safer to remove your vote for the time being. It means they are further away from being lynched by Mafia if they are innocent, especially since he may have an important role. Alongside that, there is nothing stopping you from placing your vote back on him if you do feel that player is scum.

Thing is... if HoM is Town, we'll be losing a very important role. However... I've learned from experience to nail people for the first slip up they make. I've seen games where a Mafia blows it big time, and they just fed the Town what it wanted to hear. Needless to say, that particular game ended in a Town loss. I'm not entirely "he messed up; lynch nao!", but I have a gut feeling atm that tells me this is the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom