• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Getting back on topic, I just realized something: Justeasy pointed it out in the first place. Sure, there's a chance that he just highlights as he reads and naturally discovered it, but I'm getting the feeling that, maybe, this was all an elaborate ruse between two scum-buddies. First Hero of Music makes a super secret scummy message, then Justeasy just happens to point it out and presto, Town lynches the bomb (or Vig Nightkills it) and we're down a Power Role (or Vig). Just something I thought I should point out.
Well, the reason for me seeing it is 1: I'm on my laptop, whose contrast is VERY high, and 2: there is a certain annoying window in my apartment that casts a huge glare over my entire screen unless I have my screen tilted back outrageously far. So, basically, the backgrounds on these forum pages are a fairly dark grey-blue, and the white text actually stood out. Though I have no way of proofing this to you, so you'll just have to choose to believe me or not on this one. :D
Claiming Day 1 is tons of fun though. You should all try it.
That... that is perchance the most scummy post I've ever seen by someone still trying to protect their identity.

Axle, I still think you're acting awfully bad for the town right now, but I can't just ignore the interpretation of that.

Unvote: Axle
Vote: Hero of Music

David

But you called me here...
I know a lot about the Kanto and Johto regions. Very well in fact. I've played through Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen, Gold, and HeartGold at least once a piece. I've seen all of the 1st season of the Anime plus some Johto episodes here and there.

And obvious joking is obvious. That "every one should claim" post was completely sarcastic. Hence, why I hid my role claim. Like I said, I claimed for the lulz and because it fit so well with my post.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
EBWODP: Wait, HoM, was that a joke? Because something like that shouldn't be taken lightly. No matter how high-esteemed, you should never say, basically, "let's hand the game over to the Mafia guys lolwhatyeahcool!?!!!1!?!", joking or otherwise.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
EBWODP:
1: Should have read "No matter how high-esteemed of a player, role, or character you are, you should never ...."
2: Curse you and your ninja ways!

EBWODP:
*murders SoL in her sleep*

Jedizora

:right:
Claiming on day 1? What? HoM, Really? I mean, You weren't the only one under stress. You could have convinst others to vote for axle. But Role claiming should have been your last chance.
Unvote
vote: HoM

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I believe Hommy. Why? Because it seems to me that it's likely that the Leet 4 is in the game. Even if there are scum fake name/role claims, the mafia won't use them until they have pressure on them because they wouldn't want the town to know that there are fake name/role claims. Hommy just outright claimed with no pressure voting on him; therefore, I believe him.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hey Soldier of Link. Come and post, kay? You're pretty suspicious, making all of them trollish comments and then NEVER RETURNING, even though I know you've been online. Oh and agreeing randomly, voting, posting pictures, itty bitty comments, unwarranted votes with no backing, and the like.

Here are all of her posts for you guys to look at in order from oldest to youngest.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=283915#post283915 (Her "First" post)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284046#post284046 (Troll post)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284119#post284119 (Agreeing with Josh and voting for Jo)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284147#post284147 (Another Troll post completely irrelevant to the game)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284151#post284151 (Another post that has nothing to do with the game)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284161#post284161 (trys to encourage some scumhunting, but does none herself)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284353#post284353 (Votes MK9 with no reason, states she knows nothing about Pokemon, then does a "b'awwww" for Meego's post)

And that's all of her posts. Suspicious, yes?

Unvote (If I didn't already)
Vote: Soldier of Link

Finally someone else sees it.

Also, to be honest I think Axle and HoM are probably both town, and they are strong players too. So lynching him could be a bad idea.

Unvote
Vote: Hero of Music

I know this seems like an OMGUS, but it isn't lol. I was never very suspicious of Axle up to this point, but this post of Hommy's is awfully scum-like. When I was Mafia at another site, this is exactly what I did when I got voted for. I picked a person to prey on, analyzed all their posts deeply (while making things seem more dramatic than they are), and posted exactly like he just did.

Oh, and half the reason I'm voting for him is because it seems like a desperate attempt to direct attention away from himself. In all honesty, you can lynch me right now if you want. I do have a really strong gut feeling that HoM is Mafia from this post alone, though. So there.

Defensive much? I mean yeah you would defend yourself, but you're looking beyond what is right there in front of you. Do HoM's posts really seem all that scummy? Him and Axle are both strong players and they aren't actually acting overly suspicious. This thing between them has caused some people to take sides and vote, but we forgot about the most likely possibility, they're both town. He isn't necessarily trying to direct attention to you, he's scum hunting. It's kind of what we do in mafia games. Using another mafia site as a defense doesn't really emphasise your point, you're basing it on one game.

Well, that does change things little bit. For a few reasons.

1. I can see why he was a bit desperate to get attention off himself.
2. He just claimed on Day 1. (That was not brilliant, tbh.)

Now, he claimed Bodyguard. I wouldn't say Bodyguard is an overly common role, but it is generally an important one. I doubt a Mafia would false claim a role like that. If there is someone who is the real Bodyguard... don't say anything. However, I think he might be telling the truth. I will keep my vote, for now, because I'm not entirely sure.

Claiming on day one, yeah it's not brilliant but he kind of had to, this many people are voting for him.

Weren't you the one getting on me for trololo?

Anyways... I'm keeping my vote on HoM, based on what I just saw, and I know you all saw, too.

Yeah. But it's not like he hasn't made any huge long posts up until now.

Vote: Soldier of Link

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
If he does some how survive, here are some things that will most likely happen, since he is a protective role.

Night 1, he will most likely to be NK by the mafia, or, if there is a serial killer or some other killing role, he will most likely to die if he truly is what he claimed to be.

But, the one thing i am unsure, is that since he is most likely in the game... that no one has counterclaimed(well character claimed) him. Thats why is kinda hard for me to some what believe him. But the fact that he claimed so early is what gets me. Its like he wants the doctor/Cop to investigate or protect. I got a little theory... bet most of y'all can probably guess what it is. Why would some one cause such hysteria and may try to force roles to pick him(If he survives) It sounds like he is trying to draw certain things away from other people. But i am not inclined to believe that he is the role that he is.

EBWODP

God damn it.

UNVOTE

Isnt there quite a few inactives? That is why i am skeptical since no one has really said anything about his character being a lie. This royally sucks. Ugh, I guess 'll read the thread again....

EBWODP

Ugh.. i'll re-read it tomorrow... im thinking to hard now and probably trying to over analyze stuff

EBWODP again..

Baysiderulez
Austin
Kazumi
kokirion
Danny
Deku Shroom
green goron
Durion
Ninten*
arkvoodle
Dracomajora
Go_Dark_Link

these are the people we havent heard from lately.

Well, who would dare counterclaim him? We're blowing up on him and going crazy because he's claiming this so early, and that it'll leave him open to mafia attack. Why would anyone want to counterclaim him, and leave themselves open to attack too?

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Baysiderulez
Austin
Kazumi
kokirion
Danny
Deku Shroom
green goron
Durion
Ninten*
arkvoodle
Dracomajora
Go_Dark_Link
these are the people we havent heard from lately.

Ehemm:

Go_Dark_Link said:
Well my suspicions have definitely changed since the last time I posted. Axle's has decreased ever so slightly, seeing as he IS providing a lot of evidence and maybe it is just me, but I would hope for him to be town, since he could really help us in winning this game, BUT, he still could be scum. Also, I haven't had any suspicions on HoM yet, because in my opinion his "claim" if it can even be called that, was just a random thing that didn't have much meaning whatsoever, but people just started making something out of nothing. Finally, I am now suspicious of Justeazy, because even if Axle did make some mistakes, he explained why that was and Justeazy just keeps attacking him for the same things, over and over, pushing for his lynch. It could just be that he really has a hunch on him and wants to get his point of view across, or it may be that he is actually scum who would really like Axle taken care of this early in the game so as to not have to worry about him later. I also have a stronger believe towards the second theory because it looks like this would be a perfect chance for scum to attack Axle, because they could easily say they weren't the only ones attacking him, and if we were to lynch someone else like HoM, who turned out to be town, then they can say: "See? That's why I didn't vote for him because I'm town and I felt he was town! Now let's all vote for the one I thought was scum!" (who would then turn out to be town as well)

That happened today, so yeah...

Elfen

Well that was to pages ago.

I got a question for you GDL

What do you think of what has been said the past two/three pages since you last poster? I am sure you can come up with a solution

EBWODP

Since you last Posted***

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Elfen said:
I got a question for you GDL

What do you think of what has been said the past two/three pages since you last poster? I am sure you can come up with a solution

EBWODP

Since you last Posted***

Well to be honest, I think I believe HoM. He may have been careless to claim such a role like bodyguard, but that's just it, he was carefree, not scummy. Whether he really has that role or no, I couldn't be sure, but if he does, I don't think the mafia will nightkill him. Why? Because he himself said that there is a huge chance he will die while protecting someone, so I don't think they would waste a NK on him, if they know he will die sooner or later. And maybe that was his plan all along, to be safe from the mafia nightkill. Of course I could be wrong but IMO that is what is happening. Here is where he says what I just mentioned:

Hero of Music said:
Nope, not an Elite Body Guard. And Certainly not a bullet proof one. You see, there's this nasty little bit about Kyby's version of the Body Guard. Thing is that I am always successful with my protections, but... I can end up dying myself. Its a pretty large percentage too. A 40% chance of death when I protect someone is quite large, very large infact.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay, here's the conclusions I'm drawing from this: Bruno would definitely be the Bodyguard. Usually, with Bodyguards, they've got 50% efficiency (of keeping both them and their protectee alive: otherwise, the Bodyguard dies), but I'll buy 40%. Bruno wouldn't have been the first character I'd choose in a Pokemon themed game, but I'm more used to working with smaller games, so yeah. Him being in as a Bodyguard is somewhat plausible, but definitely not the Nurse Joy regular Doctor I would expect.

On the one hand, there's just something deep down telling me that Mr. Hero is scum. But on the other, his claim seems plausible since, in a game like this with (likely) three killing roles (Vig, Mafia, and a Third Party of some sort), I think it's likely that he would be in this game WITH Nurse Joy as a regular doctor (and maybe a Jack of All Trades or Inventor who both have One-shot Protection abilities and the Doctor can give his protection to another player). I want to believe his claim, but my intuition tells me otherwise... I'm going to Unvote for now and see where things go. Also, I would recommend that the real Bruno (assuming Hero of Music is Mafia) NOT step forward, that gives you away and it's why we have Cops.

However, I'd recommend keeping a close eye on him, possibly having a Cop investigation on him. And for future reference, do NOT full claim the first time from here on out. Try to remember to character claim if the situation ever comes up, it tends to paint less of a target on your forehead for the Mafia.

Elfen

Well MK9 about the Cop investigation on him. I am very skeptical about that. Cause he may of done this on purpose to get targeted (Via God father)

Also MK9. It is suspicious that you would want to direct the cop's ability to him.... Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom