• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Thread's too long. Not gonna pull up everyone's post I'm referring to:P

So this seems to have come to a standstill. Nothing that unusual has happened since all we've been doing is randomly voting. It'll probably be a bit longer before anything of particular interest comes up. We can get there either by voting more or trying to have a discussion and ease into a real investigation as things come up.

This post appeals to me that you are against RVS but:

Draco, you have to realize how little evidence you need to pursue a vote. On other sites where people play Mafia, votes happen all the time, very early, for any damn reason. ZD in general is far too cautious about voting. As I have said several times this game, peacekeeping is distraction, and distraction is pro-Mafia.

This post seems to be a contradiction to your first post.

VOTE: Axle

It seems to me that Justeazy was doing EXACTLY what you told everyone about votes. Yet, you are suspicious of him:

Also suspicious of Justeazy now.

I don't know any contradiction in my posts and am very skeptical something wasn't just grossly misunderstood or being used against. Do you honestly think I would slip up anything significant this early in the game? Honestly ask yourself that. Of course that's exactly what I'd be saying if I did slip up, just as I would be if I didn't. Justeazy is clearly playing closed-hand. He claims to have seen something and when he's asked to elaborate, he's vague. He won't explain his vote right out, which never makes me comfortable with a player. He could just be that kind of player, but it also seems like inexperienced Mafia framing. Was Castlevania Mafia the first Mafia game Justeazy played? I can't remember if he played earlier.

Huge contradiction, imo.

My RVS stands, only now it's not an RVS, but my real vote.

And this is a gut feeling, but I think Hommy is town...

Jedizora

:right:
Sorry I've been off. But Yes, i'll just go and read the rest of the thread, which appears to be mostley suspecting of Axle and HoM.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey Soldier of Link. Come and post, kay? You're pretty suspicious, making all of them trollish comments and then NEVER RETURNING, even though I know you've been online. Oh and agreeing randomly, voting, posting pictures, itty bitty comments, unwarranted votes with no backing, and the like.

Here are all of her posts for you guys to look at in order from oldest to youngest.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=283915#post283915 (Her "First" post)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284046#post284046 (Troll post)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284119#post284119 (Agreeing with Josh and voting for Jo)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284147#post284147 (Another Troll post completely irrelevant to the game)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284151#post284151 (Another post that has nothing to do with the game)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284161#post284161 (trys to encourage some scumhunting, but does none herself)
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showt...A-Pok%E9mafia-Game-Thread&p=284353#post284353 (Votes MK9 with no reason, states she knows nothing about Pokemon, then does a "b'awwww" for Meego's post)

And that's all of her posts. Suspicious, yes?

Unvote (If I didn't already)
Vote: Soldier of Link

Unvote
Vote: Hero of Music

I know this seems like an OMGUS, but it isn't lol. I was never very suspicious of Axle up to this point, but this post of Hommy's is awfully scum-like. When I was Mafia at another site, this is exactly what I did when I got voted for. I picked a person to prey on, analyzed all their posts deeply (while making things seem more dramatic than they are), and posted exactly like he just did.

Oh, and half the reason I'm voting for him is because it seems like a desperate attempt to direct attention away from himself. In all honesty, you can lynch me right now if you want. I do have a really strong gut feeling that HoM is Mafia from this post alone, though. So there.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
First Post: RVS, nothing special

Second Post: This is when things start getting odd. Hero begins to explain what he thinks may be plausible roles within the game, but right after he mentions digging, he has a hidden role-claim.

My thought is that, if characters from the anime are included (I don't think we should rule out Anime characters, at least not until we've got a good idea of what the roles are like IE when people have died), Jessie, James, and Meowth would potentially be in, and that is because of their penchant for digging hole traps (which is not at all inconsistent with his digging comment). It also somewhat makes sense in game lingo, as a Grunt tried to steal the TM for Dig in Cerulean City.

There is a chance he could potentially be a Bomb (Team Rocket has Electrodes if I recall correctly and Electrodes are basically these big electric bombs that look like upside-down Pokeballs with a face), but that conflicts with his comment about digging and also his next comment about checking the Elite Four, but the thing is that Mafia lie to stir up chaos and make it so that, if we lynch him or kill him, we either lose the Vig (Bombs kill the people who nightkill them too) or we lose some other role. Therefore, assuming he is Mafia, we shouldn't take his statements at face-value.

My only other thought is that he is a digging Pokémon (definitely a ground type like, say, Sandslash or Swinub) and either Third Party or some kind of Town Role. But if he was Third Party or Town, as his digging comment could lead you to believe, here's the question: WHAT would be his motivation? Unlike if him or Justeasy were bombs, if he were Town/Third Party, what would be his motivation for drawing such attention? If he's Third Party, unless he's part of a cult with multiple members already, he loses if he dies. If he's Town, then that literally does NOTHING. If he's a Hero (which kills the person who hammers him instead of himself), then the chances of him catching a scumbag are slim. Scum generally don't hammer people they think are Townies (or at least they're usually reluctant to) because they don't want to be associated with the death of a Town player, thereby making his chance of a scumbag actually hammering him even slimmer, making it almost not even worth it. Therefore, given his hidden claim, he is even less likely to be Town in my eyes.

And actually, on a somewhat unrelated topic, I just remembered a line from the anime early on from Jessie's Ekans (though Meowth does kinda put it into question) that there is no such thing as an evil Pokemon. This leads me to believe that, perhaps, there is also no such thing as a good Pokemon, thereby making all Pokemon naturally just neutral creatures, with various species potentially filling these Third-Party roles (lolDrowzeeascultleader).

And, if I'm correct about these Third-Party roles, then I'm damn sure that there's at least a chance of a Cult Leader in here, so we should be SUPER wary of those guys. Like, seriously so wary it's not even funny.

Getting back on topic, I just realized something: Justeasy pointed it out in the first place. Sure, there's a chance that he just highlights as he reads and naturally discovered it, but I'm getting the feeling that, maybe, this was all an elaborate ruse between two scum-buddies. First Hero of Music makes a super secret scummy message, then Justeasy just happens to point it out and presto, Town lynches the bomb (or Vig Nightkills it) and we're down a Power Role (or Vig). Just something I thought I should point out.

Mr. Hero now proceeds to disappear under the cover of Axle all the way until page 8.

Third Post: Things get even weirder from here. First, he says that we should check the Elite Four section of his previous post.

Here, he also points out that he is not a Grave Digger. It is here for the first time that Axle's contradictions (which I will get into later) are brought up. This could easily be a case of Mafia trying to deflect attention onto a Townie in an attempt to get them lynched/save their own skins (at least temporarily, as any self respecting Vig would try to kill a person he thinks without much doubt is scum unless he has a plan which could end up in more slips from other scumbags). He could also potentially be trying to lure the Vig to kill him by trying to survive the Day so that our (most likely) self respective Vig WILL kill him.

Fourth Post: Here he gives his feelings on Axle, who he believes (based on gut feeling) is Town. Alongside his feelings he states that he believes he and Axle are strong players in response to jdenicholls's statement that either he or Axle will be lynched today and that it's sad.

He also states that he's "Like, really actually Town, really trust me on this guys" (if only that tactic actually worked :dry:) and that he just claimed for the lulz (which makes him look even scummier imo). He states that he believes someone said that he knows something about the Elite Four and that it's true, but that he knows more than just ABOUT the Elite Four. The only conclusions I draw from this are A) He is Claire (8th Gym Leader of Johto, knows Lance on some level or another), :cool: He is Brock (going by the Anime as Brock had quite an obsession with Bruno in a filler episode in the Kanto arc) or C) (and I think this is the most likely) he is a Mafia Bomb or some other sort of role that is purposefully trying to get lynched (please dear god don't let him be a Jester).

So yeah, I'm good with a Hero of Music lynch at the moment.

New_Awesome_Face_by_DarkMetaKnightFTW.png

EBWODP: By the way, guys (and lemme just say now that I don't really know of a way to say this without seeming like I'm rolefishing, so I'm sorry if I do sound like it), I would suggest hammering with caution: bombs are annoying, after all. I'm sorry to say, but someone may have to take one for the team, and I'd say that a Vanilla Townie (or just regular Townie/whatever they're called around here, I forget, I'm talking about the Townies with no powers) should be the hammer, just to be safe.

David

But you called me here...
Well, what a turn of events looks like MK9 figured me out... shame that he is totally wrong

I told you to look at the Elite Four part of my post, and you did, but you didn't get the message.

I am Bruno, the freaking Town Bodyguard Ya'll need me.

EBWDP: Or you can just lynch me, that's cool too.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Well, what a turn of events looks like MK9 figured me out... shame that he is totally wrong

I told you to look at the Elite Four part of my post, and you did, but you didn't get the message.

I am Bruno, the freaking Town Bodyguard Ya'll need me.

Well, that does change things little bit. For a few reasons.

1. I can see why he was a bit desperate to get attention off himself.
2. He just claimed on Day 1. (That was not brilliant, tbh.)

Now, he claimed Bodyguard. I wouldn't say Bodyguard is an overly common role, but it is generally an important one. I doubt a Mafia would false claim a role like that. If there is someone who is the real Bodyguard... don't say anything. However, I think he might be telling the truth. I will keep my vote, for now, because I'm not entirely sure.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Claiming Day 1 is tons of fun though. You should all try it.

But claiming a doctor-like role is idiotic and stupid, especially if you weren't pressured to. If you somehow do have this role, you wouldn't say that since you could easily be Night killed. Or, you could be Mafia and make the doctor waste a protection on you. Claiming day one, especially with a protective role is stupid. Unless you end up being a bulletproof Body Guard. Also since you claim to be an elite. You are most likely an Elite Body Guard. Am i right? Basically you can kill some one.

I could have believed you if you didn't claim so early. But since you did... I have a hard time believing it. My Vote stays firm. *Sigh* Does One Care?

Djinn

and Tonic
Unless you end up being a bulletproof Body Guard. Also since you claim to be an elite. You are most likely an Elite Body Guard. Am i right? Basically you can kill some one.

This is what I was thinking, claiming is great when you have a claim that could very well protect yourself, or threaten others if they were to vote against you. HoM does seem to be very confident in this right now. This does lead back to MK9's talk of a possible bomb, or some other similar role in the game.

David

But you called me here...
Nope, not an Elite Body Guard. And Certainly not a bullet proof one. You see, there's this nasty little bit about Kyby's version of the Body Guard. Thing is that I am always successful with my protections, but... I can end up dying myself. Its a pretty large percentage too. A 40% chance of death when I protect someone is quite large, very large infact.

All claiming on day 1 is a dumb idea. It's likely Ky has created fakeclaims for all the mafia, so it wouldn't give us any useful info, but also if the town all told the truth then it would reveal all our power roles. Even if you don't have a power role and you claim it makes it that bit easier for the mafia to target someone else. HoM's beheaviour isn't necessarily scummy, but it's certainly anti-town if this is what he is trying to encourage.

Unvote

Jedizora

:right:
You know, I just wanted to point out something about MK9 searching for a serial killer. Its a commen tactic around here, for serial Killers to look for themselves, so to speak. Look at thegreen(I think) in Mafia 5, or myself in Mafia 6. No accusations here, just food for thought. MK9 does seem to want to find the Third Party alot, though...

Hmm. I don't know.

I'm inclined to believe you, the roleclaim definitely makes sense, but is it really yours?

If so, Bodyguard is a pretty important role. You leave yourself wide open to the Mafia, as you'd likely be the first one they'd take out, especially since you're the only one who's claimed so far. Even more, you added to it, claiming that you aren't bulletproof, and 40% of the time you can die yourself.

If not, then you're more inclined to Elfen's story, and you're Mafia trying to get free protection for a night from the doctor, and cause mass confusion and get the Mafia a free kill.

Either way works as well as the other. I'll keep my vote for now, still rather undecided.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay, first off: HoM is still giving me MAJOR scum vibes. Especially when he suggested that we all claim on Day 1. I'm sorry if I sound harsh/unforgiving, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Was it a joke? Probably. But still, just the suggestion of it is what really makes my brain implode.

And then, there's his full claim, his Bodyguard claim. Bruno as the Bodyguard does make sense.

HoM, answer me truthfully here: how much do you know of the Kanto and Johto regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom