• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Depends if you follow through on this. :P Though you can be damn sure I'll be voting early as soon as I'm comfortable with someone to vote for.
:D I got my eye on you mr.

I'm going to try to man up and analyze a little more than I have in those games since there aren't terribly many analyzers around here (I think Keyshe and Axle are all we have in terms of analyzers), but I'll still be more "Go with the flow" than I have been in the games I've played here.

Also, I take it we do RVS's around here now? If so, for great justice, I shall Vote: Keyshe
Can't tell you how happy I am to be playing with you here again. Same for Austin. You even gave me my own first RVS vote. I feel honored. <3 Don't worry I know you've gone under a lot of changes in playstyle. I'll be happy to learn more about the new you.

You guys drop a lot of game lingo that sound like gibberish to me :/, I'll have to go and use a wiki on some of that stuff and names. I only know Giovann, Jesse and James of the Rocket crew. Other then that things are pretty slow but one person is standing out a little. SOL, she is acting a little odd, maybe giddy? Maybe it will pass or we will see more of it this game. Not even sure what it means, might not be any thing but I got my eye on her.

Kazumi

chagy
Ah I hate the first day...

Anyway, about the roles. I think that the third-party could involve the hunter guy from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl anime. I believe that her name was Hunter J. I'm not sure if Wyatt really watched the DP anime too much, but I think that Hunter J would make sense as the SK. Mostly because in the anime she wasn't really allied with anyone, and was mostly doing malicious things such as stealing people's Pokemon. Kind of makes sense. However, then there was also the time when she was hired by Team Galactic..

Jedizora

:right:
They don't. Third Party roles aren't necessarily against anybody (with the exception of the Serial Killer, whom I doubt would be in the game due to the lack of a Serial Killer-esque character, and Cults since their win condition requires only Cultists to be standing).
So there msut be a serial killer, as KY said there was a thrid party that terroized people. I'll just go and look up roles that could be it...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
EBWODP

I just re-read the intro, and yeah, I dun goofed. So as far as third party roles terrorizing the town...

I-dunno-lol.jpg

I still think that either Red or Silver (definitely not both) would be a Survivor.

I totally should've put that pic in spoiler tags... =(

OK, a discussion. What roles do you think of that Kybyrian probably included in the game, maybe something you thought of according to the intro?
Interesting question. Will definitely have to think about it a bit, although we can bet on having the standard set of roles. Additionally, Ky talked about third parties in the plural, and I think it'd be a mistake to take that as anything but literal. I also know that Ky hates Jesters and Role Cops. If there's a cop, it'd be more likely to be a name one. Unless he's not excluding roles he hates, but somehow I doubt it. So I think that supports MK9's assessment of there being a Survivor, since there won't be a Jester. The only other things that could leave would be a Mafia Usurper or something that he made up.

There's the line about the third parties terrorizing the town, yeah, but I don't know how seriously we should take that one. If there's a standard Serial Killer (which I would bet on) among other third parties, then the description automatically makes sense even if taken literally.

I like how I'm gone for all of five hours and we've already started voting. I'm going to go read through the thread and see if I can make any sense out of this.

EBWODP
As I suspected, there's little to no basis for these accusations.
Two things. One, this is an RVS thing. There's no basis for anything. You're just voting to stir up discussion or to pressure people so you can judge their reaction. Lynching is not the intention. Many games open this way, although it's best they evolve into something that's actually meaningful as soon as possible.

Two, voting early is better than voting late. No reason to save your votes until later if you have a suspicion. That just drags the day out unnecessarily and gives the Mafia an easier shot at stagnating discussion.

Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny (or just a generic Nurse and Police Officer) are practically guaranteed to be in here as the Doctor and Cop respectively.

As far as other roles, Professor Oak and Professor Elm as Masons doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, but I'm on the fence about it since Wyatt and Zenox seem to be using them currently.
As I said earlier in this post, Wyatt's told me he doesn't like Role Cops, so unless he's disregarding that as a mod, it'll be a Name Cop or there won't be a Cop at all. The latter is incredibly unlikely, so I'd say it's a Name Cop.

There's no chance Professor Oak and Elm are players. As you said, Ky and Zenox are using them and either way they're administrator or mod type characters. Kind of like how I associated Aeon as the mod in Castlevania Mafia. Could be used as a player, but makes more sense as a mod.

They don't. Third Party roles aren't necessarily against anybody (with the exception of the Serial Killer, whom I doubt would be in the game due to the lack of a Serial Killer-esque character, and Cults since their win condition requires only Cultists to be standing).
I'm getting kind of tired of the notion that the more passive third-party roles are not dangerous. You're thinking narrow-mindedly by considering that the only threats to the Town are ones that can kill the Town. This is a game; it's about how to win. Survivors... they're typically the exception, but in the case of all other third party roles, they are generally still the enemy. If they do exist, they need to be looked at as enemy players no less than the Mafia. The immediate threat isn't there, but the as far as a Townie victory is concerned, they are still a threat.

I think I should clear the air. Neither Wyatt nor I are using any in-game characters as part of our our story. I am not Professor Elm, I am Wyatt's Pokémon Minion. Wyatt is not Professor Oak, he is the Pokémon Overlord. Wyatt used the Professor Oak image to make it seem like it was the intro to a Pokémon game, and that was my idea. I used that Professor Elm image because it made it look like my "character" was disorganized and partially of little use, which I think fits my "character" nicely. Wyatt never used Professor Oak as his "character", and mine was merely me trying to give some sort of in-game relation to my "character".

That being said, this is not a modconfirm that both make an appearance, nor that either of them do. Nor that neither of them do.

Sorry for the confusion, carry on.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I think I should clear the air. Neither Wyatt nor I are using any in-game characters as part of our our story. I am not Professor Elm, I am Wyatt's Pokémon Minion. Wyatt is not Professor Oak, he is the Pokémon Overlord. Wyatt used the Professor Oak image to make it seem like it was the intro to a Pokémon game, and that was my idea. I used that Professor Elm image because it made it look like my "character" was disorganized and partially of little use, which I think fits my "character" nicely. Wyatt never used Professor Oak as his "character", and mine was merely me trying to give some sort of in-game relation to my "character".

That being said, this is not a modconfirm that both make an appearance, nor that either of them do. Nor that neither of them do.

Sorry for the confusion, carry on.
:D I actually knew this, not one bit of confusion on my part. Silly Axle, Ky is the Pokémon Overlord and Zenox is the Lovely Assistant. Not Oak or Elm.

Axle said:
I'm getting kind of tired of the notion that the more passive third-party roles are not dangerous. You're thinking narrow-mindedly by considering that the only threats to the Town are ones that can kill the Town. This is a game; it's about how to win. Survivors... they're typically the exception, but in the case of all other third party roles, they are generally still the enemy. If they do exist, they need to be looked at as enemy players no less than the Mafia. The immediate threat isn't there, but the as far as a Townie victory is concerned, they are still a threat.
Yes I do agree that third party shouldn't be passed as no threat and harmless if they don't have lethal capabilities or infection. But also don't on that they are equal threat as mafia... if they can't kill us or interfere badly with the lynching they aren't as bad and shouldn't be sought after until we have a good hold over our town. They might even be needed to beat the mafia for their votes. Survivors aren't that bad but I'd still like to be the winner you know, if we could help it? Them second, but I'd pick them winning over the mafia though. :P

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Am I the only one with a job around here? I get home and there are already four good pages. Sheesh.
I'm willing to sacrifice for the greater good.
(^in response to saying that there should be a starting night where mafia gets to use their night kill^)
Giovanni? lolscum
I'm going to try to man up and analyze a little more than I have in those games since there aren't terribly many analyzers around here (I think Keyshe and Axle are all we have in terms of analyzers), but I'll still be more "Go with the flow" than I have been in the games I've played here.
I'm new(er-ish) to Mafia on ZD, but I'm one of those "analyze, over-analyze, beat it with a stick and analyze the carcass" types.
Anyway, I was thinking about possible roles that Kyby would use for this game and about particular characters he would use.

This following post uses only Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I am using those games only as Kyby said "As far as the Johto Region." Plus, if we include every game, there would be WAY too many different possibilities of characters and roles that Kyby could have experimented with.
So, what do you guys think? Any other characters that we could add to this list? I'll probably keep doing some digging on what other roles there are in the game and what other characters Kyby would choose. hidden roleclaim ftw
So, what do you guys think? Any other characters that we could add to this list? I'll probably keep doing some digging on what other roles there are in the game and what other characters Kyby would choose. hidden roleclaim ftw
hidden roleclaim ftw
Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that. Please explain, HoM.
(paraphrase)
Professor Oak and/or Elm may or may not actually be in this game. That is all.
I thought that was obvious, but thanks for clearing it up from the obvious confusion we seemed to have (because I lol'd at the image of you being a lovely assistant).

Anyway;
FoS: HoM
VOTE: Axle

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Say what you like. I'm still pretty skeptical either character will appear as a role in this game.
Huh? Who are you saying this to I or the co mod? Neither I or Zenox said they were IN the game. Either way Oak and Elm are clearly not the mods, how can you talk like that as if there is doubt to that? I don't get this post. :/

Justeazy said:
No I missed HOM's hidden roleclaim...

Kybyrian

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Axle the Beast 3 (Justeazy, TreeHuggerPanda, Hero of Time)
Danny 2 (Hero of Music, Austin)
Baysiderulez 2 (Josh, Soldier of Link)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)
Soldier of Link 1 (Jedizora)
Austin 1 (Master Kokiri 9)

With 26 alive it takes 14 for a majority lynch. (good luck with that)

Day ends on the 2nd.

Last edited:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Am I the only one with a job around here? I get home and there are already four good pages. Sheesh.

Lol all I had to do was to go to sleep. XD But to be honest the first couple of pages are just trolly RVSing, then it turns into a character discussion so there's not much to hunt scum from.

A tad confused by it but I saw it, yes.

Now I am turning my attention to Nicole. (Yes, that's you, SoL)
You're not really doing much in favour of the town, you just seem to be trolling. Lucky for you, others are too.

*Stands with Axle and points and laughs*

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Axle the Beast 3 (Justeazy, TreeHuggerPanda, Hero of Time)
Danny 2 (Hero of Music, Austin)
Baysiderulez 2 (Josh, Soldier of Link)
Ninten* 1 (Elfen)
Soldier of Link 1 (Jedizora)
Austin 1 (Master Kokiri 9)

Everytime I see that "Ninten*" I think it's an asterisk and I'll see a disclaimer below. I hate you for that, Ninten*. If I had a good reason to vote for you like I do Axle, I'd switch on you in a heartbeat. (lol :P)

Huh? Who are you saying this to I or the co mod? Neither I or Zenox said they were IN the game. Either way Oak and Elm are clearly not the mods, how can you talk like that as if there is doubt to that? I don't get this post. :/
"Say what you like" was somewhat broadly directly at both of you. Simply saying that regardless of what you two say (even of Zenox is the mod), I still think the same thing. The rest of my post's meaning was very obvious. I don't think Oak or Elm will be roles in the actual game. Zenox never confirmed either way, and despite his disclaimer I doubt either will appear. Not that it really matters. Doesn't help us in the investigation.

If I had a good reason to vote for you like I do Axle, I'd switch on you in a heartbeat. (lol :P)
Speaking of that good reason, care to tell me what that is? Your vote was really random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom