• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 8: Twilight Princess Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The bandwagon would've continued for the rest of today. We're better off having Ark in the clear and persecuting other people.

Main character of the game. Staple Mafia role. Oughtta be a fakeclaim.
Okay, so you're pretty quick to believe Ark's claim, calling him "in the clear", and yet you then call it a fakeclaim...hmm...

Also, to Ark's claim... claiming vig this early? No attempt to even support the claim? I don't believe it. At all.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I probably worded that a little badly. You were's the one talking about QT's, but you were there when others did.
I am Link, the townie vigilante.
Ark, seriously?
You know how to claim. You know that the vig is one of the most vital roles to a town win. You know you can give us details like the color, wincon, formatting, or other things, without the actual role, to help your case.
As it sits now, I don't know if I believe this. Mafia would want to draw out the real vig, plus it's almost a given in any Zelda Mafia game that Link will be the vig and I know you're smart enough not to give away one of our most important roles on day one.
If I obviously misunderstood it, then you wouldn't have to ask that question. But yes, it was a misunderstanding, and I dropped suspicions on Xinn.
The location of the punctuation was important. I didn't put "?" after misunderstood, I put it after "from the beginning", as in "when exactly did you misunderstand it and when did/have you got it yet?"
The bandwagon would've continued for the rest of today. We're better off having Ark in the clear and persecuting other people.
I saw three votes, and it wasn't very convincing. Right now, actually, I see ark as scummy, but I don't see him or anyone else as overwhelmingly so. He could have saved his role, if that is his role, and given us some less significant detail. Why do you automatically assume that a claim that is completely and easily fake-able would automatically put him "in the clear"?
I saw ark's claim and I think I believe it, besides, he can alwas prove it when night comes.
That's a nice point, but it won't work. If he is the real vig, all that the mafia would have to do is roleblock him. Then, when his kill doesn't go through, we automatically assume the worst and do the stupidest thing and speed-lynch him. Then again, that's the exact WIFOM argument a scum would make to protect himself after his "kill" doesn't go through, so really, we're almost guaranteed not to get any good information from this tactic on day/night 1.
There's also the possibility that he is the vig, and the mafia would let it go through if we tell him to target a town, and there's the possibility that he's mafia and the mafia would just NK whoever we tell ark to target simply to protect him.

Really, the best we can do with a vig is not know who he is, and let him make his own decisions, whether they be good or bad. That way, he's unpredictable and less stoppable, if he is on our side.
Then again, we should have our own doctor, bodyguard, roleblocker, or something else, and if they don't trust ark they can stop his kill if they don't think it's right, so it still may be a little bit controllable.
</rant on the mechanics of the game>

Anyway, ark, I don't quite believe you, and if it is a legit claim, you could have done it much better. Why should we believe you? And why have you been acting so detrimental to the town?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Okay, so you're pretty quick to believe Ark's claim, calling him "in the clear", and yet you then call it a fakeclaim...hmm...

Also, to Ark's claim... claiming vig this early? No attempt to even support the claim? I don't believe it. At all.

I'm being targeted. As HoM said, as the day goes on more and more people will join the bandwagon and will eventually lynch me.

You don't have to believe it. And if you don't, when i'm lynched and you see that I was telling the truth, I can just say "I told you so".

Also, the cop can confirm on day 2 if they choose to investigate me, and I can confirm it myself if I live to see the night. Unless of course the mafia target me.

Justeazy said:
Ark, seriously?
You know how to claim. You know that the vig is one of the most vital roles to a town win. You know you can give us details like the color, wincon, formatting, or other things, without the actual role, to help your case.

You are Link; the strong, kind young man from the village of Ordon. Your role in this game is Townie Vigilante. Each Night you may PM the game mod with the name of a player you wish to kill.
You win when all forces threatening the safety and peace of Hyrule are eliminated.

Justeazy said:
As it sits now, I don't know if I believe this. Mafia would want to draw out the real vig, plus it's almost a given in any Zelda Mafia game that Link will be the vig and I know you're smart enough not to give away one of our most important roles on day one.

Yes. I gave away my role. Because it seemed at the time that a steady flow of suspicion was arising. And it still is. And it was likely if I didn't say something soon that i'd be lynched.

EBWODP-

Forgot to add that the quote from Justeazy and the discussion following it was put in via EBWODP. I forgot to put that at the beginning

Pen

The game is on!

I believe you. Link is such an important role in this game and I doubt you would take the risk of fake claiming as Link. So I think you speak the truth.

You are Link; the strong, kind young man from the village of Ordon. Your role in this game is Townie Vigilante. Each Night you may PM the game mod with the name of a player you wish to kill.
You win when all forces threatening the safety and peace of Hyrule are eliminated.

This makes Arkvoodle's role claim even more reliable. I'm 100% sure that he is Link now. The last line in the message is identical to what it said in my PM.

EBWODP
That doesn't make it the right thing to do. Following the crowd can also be a motive so you can remain unnoticed and unsuspicious. But if we're going by what Ky says, apparently you're never scum. That doesn't make it impossible though...

Basically, anything you do at all can look scummy. :\

o_O 7 pages already?! Anyway, here are my suspicions:
Seems like scum. If he is scum then he would know who is scum already so he wouldn't feel that he had to investigate and look for scumtell in posts. So he says this as a secret message to his fellow mafia so that they can tell him what is going on. Like here:

wat

I found you suspicious because you let him know what was going on. He was too lazy to read so he askes one of his fellow mafia in secrect code to tell him what is going on. You, the fellow mafia, let him know because you saw the code and decided that it's not a bad thing to help out your mafia buddys. By the way, if your thinking of questioning the whole secret message thing, don't. I've seen it before in a mafia game when my two sisters were playing.

This sounds scummy to me. Who said that we can't complain because it's the first day? Just because it's the first day doesn't mean you can RVS all over the place.

FoS: link to present, Ninten.

IGMEOY: Jedizora

I repeat, wat.

There we go! I just read through all of the pages. I'm so sorry for being so late, but I've had a busy week. Anyway, as always I will not be voting on the first day, the chances are low to actually lynch a scum on the first day anyway. I do have some suspicions though, Ninten* for instance. It didn't really seem as if he was scum hunting at all when he asked what had happened without reading it all himself.

Um, no. Chances are actually quite high that we lynch scum on the first day, whether or not we RVS.

I never vote on the first day (as I said), because I want to get to know the players better before voting. I wouldn't want to lynch a townie, now would I?
I find you quit offensive this round Raindrop. I agree with much of what you've said though. :nod:

So you'd rather give the mafia and third-party a free kill at night?

What's the quick topic? I feel like an idiot for asking.

loltownie

I did?
Danny, if you use that kind of logic, that's the same as saying 'spam helps the town'. Spam won't help the town, spam isn't discussion.
No discussion=No scum hunting
No scum hunting=No scum dead (unless vigilante nightkills the right person)
No scum dead= Mafia win
IGMEOY: Danny

EBWODP:
And you have to consider the fact that the Godfather may be night-kill immune.

Godfather is always night-kill immune.

Wow, that's just bad. See, you got the role PM right (which you posted after I quoted this :\), but I'm still weary. I was going to vote for you, since that's such a bad defense, but I'll hold off on it now.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Okay, not that is a little believable.
I'm going to UNVOTE
But still a little wary of you.

And seriously, you couldn't have given us that last part in the beginning without telling all the scum your "supposed" role? ubadviggy

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Okay, not that is a little believable.
I'm going to UNVOTE
But still a little wary of you.

And seriously, you couldn't have given us that last part in the beginning without telling all the scum your "supposed" role? ubadviggy

You asked for the information. You got all the information. It was the only way I could 100% convince everyone and remove any possible suspicion. Though now i'm an open target for the mafia. I wish I didn't have to reveal everything, but whateva.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
You asked for the information. You got all the information. It was the only way I could 100% convince everyone and remove any possible suspicion. Though now i'm an open target for the mafia. I wish I didn't have to reveal everything, but whateva.
I can't speak for everyone, but I would have personally unvoted after seeing your matching wincon. Like I said before, not only does claiming vig make you a good target if you're telling the truth, but it's perhaps the easiest fake-claim that the Mafia can make in a Zelda-based game. There's always Link and he's always the vig, so if you were trying to draw out the real vig, or maybe the doc or cop as you could tell your mafia buddies to watch/track you or whatever you like, then that would be the perfect way to do it.
All that being said, I have no idea how you would have managed to get that wincon if you were Mafia this early on, so that is the real reason I unvoted, and it'd have been a lot easier without that ridiculous claim.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Godfather is always night-kill immune.

No Josh. Almost always, yes. And here on ZD we have yet to see a none night-kill immune so it would be safe to assume this game he/she would be night-kill immune and even investigative. I would think SOL kept the tradition up.
In games with multiple killers, instead of appearing innocent on Cop reports, the Godfather may be Bulletproof instead; they will appear guilty on Cop reports as normal, but cannot be killed at Night. (This has also been called Mafia Tough Guy.)

Some games offer Godfathers both investigation- and kill-immunity simultaneously.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Godfather No were does it say he has either always. From what it looks like the role can be flexible. Remember the doc flips around from being able to protect consecutively depending on the game and mod.

I'm going to unvote for now... I'm not happy with Arks behavior this game. And if the claim really is true then he went about this all very badly. :/ Name and role claim right off with three vote like that is bad, light is always better for a town. Claiming vig should have been last attempt.

Truth be told I was thinking he easily could have been killer claiming vig but with the right wincon... I'm going to have to move to that he IS really town. There is a lot off with him but unless things look weird later in the days I have to believe him for now. If there really is some one else who is Link or vig don't claim right now..., or the cop give themselves up tomorrow that very well could be a waste and out two people at risk to be targeted, we rarely have more then one protective role.

Now I'm going to think and re-read the thread... going with Ark is town that might change some of my suspicions.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I unvoted, and it'd have been a lot easier without that ridiculous claim.

Ridiculous? It's not exactly ridiculous. It's the honest truth, and it's the only thing that would make people see the truth.

perhaps the easiest fake-claim that the Mafia can make in a Zelda-based game. There's always Link and he's always the vig

Always? Not always. And I doubt it would be easy to perfectly match the wincon and otherwise that came from the PM.

Also, IGMEOY: Xinnamin, Erebea, Josh

EBWODP

Keyshe said:
And if the claim really is true then he went about this all very badly. :/ Name and role claim right off with three vote like that is bad

I know it was bad, and I know how important the vig is, but people are very critical, and likely to doubt the wincon on its own. As i've said before, it's the only way to affirm my innocence. Also, 3 votes would soon turn into more. With the current trend on voodle suspicions, it would have grown very rapidly if I had not claimed.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Can I ask what this is founded on?

I'm just keeping an eye on you. I had a feeling is all. It's probably wrong, but i'll be watching you anyway. Just in case.

The IGMEOY on Erebea is based on his overly jokey playing style, and Xinnamin's is based on a feeling as well. That's not a good scumhunt tactic, I know, but i'll drop the igmeoy on them all if the next few posts don't reveal anything.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Unvote

Ark you shouldn't have claimed.

That's a nice point, but it won't work. If he is the real vig, all that the mafia would have to do is roleblock him. Then, when his kill doesn't go through, we automatically assume the worst and do the stupidest thing and speed-lynch him. Then again, that's the exact WIFOM argument a scum would make to protect himself after his "kill" doesn't go through, so really, we're almost guaranteed not to get any good information from this tactic on day/night 1.
There's also the possibility that he is the vig, and the mafia would let it go through if we tell him to target a town, and there's the possibility that he's mafia and the mafia would just NK whoever we tell ark to target simply to protect him.

Agree with this completely it's probably better to let ark pick a target by himself because if we tell him to kill someone who is a townie then the mafia will let him but if we pick a mafia member then they will roleblock him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom